My Take | Syracusefan.com

My Take

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
The day started with an excellent tailgate. Kudos to add Cuseregular and the caterers he brought in (Christopher's Catering?). In addition to the usual burgers, dogs, coneys, sausages and brats, there was Chicken Parmesan, pulled pork, pasta with beef, etc. The Wilson Brothers scored with a couple great calzones and there were a couple of tasty football themed cakes too. Kudos to all involved.

Good to meet some new people to the board, props to Cusefan78 for winning the tickets Crusty again generously donated to the Orangeyes charity. We had a nice heated tent, several other tents to huddle under and, first the first time, a proper sound system to enjoy some fresh tunes. #Solid.

After a time, we headed up the hill to the Dome. Got there early enough to see the entrance of the SUMB. They are going formation crazy these days, opening with a representation of the number 44, then switching to a block S for the traditional playing of Down The Field, then switching to an outline of NYS for the Alma Mater, then switching to a outline of the USA for the NA. Impressive. Sad to report we are down to 6 tubas, which is the fewest I can ever remember seeing for a home SU football game. These are trying times indeed.

Don't have time to do a detailed analysis of the game right now but I will say, I amvery proud of what the kids did on the field yesterday, especially after the extremely bad start to the game. They showed me a lot of character, as did the coaching staff.

Lots of hard hitting, saw extreme effort on every play. They went for it and almost pulled off a remarkable upset. Would love to have seen what would have happened if we got a couple of the shady calls that happened when we had Clemson on the ropes in the third quarter. Still, it was a fun game to.watch. Clemson has some great talent and I am rooting for them to win out and bring another NC to the ACC.

Gotta go golfing. War Damn Otto!

As always great tailgate and it was great meeting you too.

I think we lost two tubas due to upper body injuries, and they're being held out for the rest of the season. ;)
They were back at their apartment watching the game with their parents who happen to be a couple of bassoons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom