My thoughts on the upcoming season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

My thoughts on the upcoming season

Still doesn’t feel like we’re having a season. 0 coverage of fall camp; I haven’t seen any running-back foot drills, no lineman sled-push drills to get a glimpse of what the starting line may look like, no QB throwing drills with Santana playing on repeat in the background. I feel so unfulfilled at this point, and not to mention having playoff basketball and hockey in August has really thrown of my internal sports clock.

Every year I think the same thing - no season goes the way you expect it to. Opponents you expect to do well struggle. Some you think will be bad find a way to surprise. Players elevate their games. Injuries happen. Chemistry is off. Chemistry is on. This year seems even more like that. Who the hell could possibly feel confident in a prediction? Heck, we don’t even know how many games we will play for sure. More than most seasons, I think this one comes down to whether or not the coaches can make adjustments on the fly - mid week, mid-game. We have had staffs in the past who excelled at this. We have had others who have struggled. With two new coordinators, I don’t know what we have in that category.

Jordan 1 Pierre 2 tiucker 3
Would like to see Jordan, Tucker, and Pierre. When Jordan or Tucker not at running back, would like to see them in slot or wideout. Speed Jordan 10.64, Tucker 10.77, might do for us what Louisville Atwell 10.84 did to us and everyone else. He ran away from our defenders.

First, I want to see the 2 deep. Then, I just want to get that first game in. Then, we’ll take it from there. Coaches always say it, and for the first time I’m starting to believe it - we’re gonna take this season one game at a time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom