my two cents | Syracusefan.com

my two cents

kcsu

Living Legend
Wow what a day what a game and how good is it to be undefeated.

As usual the day started early with breakfast on the lake and some fall stuff around the camp before heading up to the hill. My Dad was in great spirits and we actually both felt very good about SU coming out with a win.
Tailgate was a blast. Lots of good food and drink and we had about 30 or so with some out-of-town guys one all the way from Seattle.

I thought that SU did a very good job with the crowd. I heard some complaints inside, but we didn't experience any. The crowd as anyone who attended knows was fantastic. A few empty seats but the best crowd i have seen personally in a very long time. The hard roof is a game changer as the place was deafening and it was hard to hear the person next to you. We definitely have a 12th man advantage and hopefully we can defend serve the last two games.

As to the game hats off to the coaches. Both sides were extremely well prepared. The D was simply amazing especially considering the number of missing starters. I thought that Darton was beyond belief. The kids motor never stopped and considering he was giving up over 50 pounds every snap thats pretty amazing. The kid from SC Geer is going to be a stud. Same thing high motor. Loved our Ivy league player at CB. Long and tough. He was a great pick up by the staff.

Shrader, simply put is a leader. We don't win this game without him. Sure, he had 2 interceptions. One he gets a pass on as everyone in the house thought it was a free play. He is a baller. Calm and has as good a pocket awareness as anyone to wear orange since Donovan. Tucker is banged up but came through when it counted, and Gadson is the real deal. Each week he gets better and as his confidence grows watch out. I can't wait to see this kid next year after another year of growth. Other than the injuries this game was all positive. We handled a very good team and if not for the two interceptions would have won by 4 or more scores. The next patch of games will be very difficult. Clemson has won 58 out of 59 contests at home so we need some major breaks hopefully we play an error free game and ball bounces our way. Every other game in my opinion we have a 50 50 or better chance to win. Let's get some guys well and push for a great finish.

Great day one that will be remembered for a very long time. Go Orange!

Great write-up.

Regarding the "free" plays, am I the only one holding my breath every time the other team jumps off-sides now?

Yes, because if they jump offsides it doesn’t matter, it’s always a free play
Except when the official says it isn’t.

We keep hearing that Tucker is banged. There has been zero mention of that from the coaching staff. He looked pretty good on the 25 yard TD run.
It seems pretty obvious to me that he isn't 100%. I could be wrong as I don't know but he just doesn't seem to be completely himself.

We keep hearing that Tucker is banged. There has been zero mention of that from the coaching staff. He looked pretty good on the 25 yard TD run.
Yes, he did. Would like to get an authoritative clarification as to any injury/health issues he may have. I'm not seeing them, and only hearing of them from fans--who are just not privy to the facts.

He's left every game this year on his own call. I think that is a sign he's banged up. With what I don't know but he isn't right.
Running backs take a lot of hits. Obvious. They get bruises. Tucker had his shin taped at one point. But when Tucker gets a lane and breaks off on his chunk runs he looks fine. Give him more lanes and fewer runs into 300 lb linemen.

Yes, he did. Would like to get an authoritative clarification as to any injury/health issues he may have. I'm not seeing them, and only hearing of them from fans--who are just not privy to the facts.
Dino generally doesn’t do that.

He's left every game this year on his own call. I think that is a sign he's banged up. With what I don't know but he isn't right.
They said he put on one of those sleeves over his calf. A strained or sore calf?

He left twice the NCSt game on his own. Both after taking a cheap dirty shot that should have been called targeting.

It seems pretty obvious to me that he isn't 100%. I could be wrong as I don't know but he just doesn't seem to be completely himself.
100 percent he is somehow hurt. Watched replay and as he was helped up, he seemed to grimace as he was moving. I think a rib or something. Not as bouncy as last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom