my two cents | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

my two cents

So yet another unproven possible coach? Seriously?? if this happens its another 5-6 years of disappointment football on the hill.. The only chance to revive this program is with a PROVEN COACH and to spend the money to make it happen!! Scared money doesn’t make money!! When will SU learn?!?!?!

the problem is they don’t ever learn. being an SU football fan is like being on a roller coaster ride from hell that you can never get off of

What is the fascination with Tony White? I don’t get it. We need to break the continuity and go way outside of the norm. IMHO.
He worked miracles in his last year here.

So did Dino in 2018 and thats it.. one year does constitute “ fascination” in my humble opinion!
That was Eric changing the plays, because the called plays were bad.
If Lewis had stayed he probably doesn't have to call a lot of different plays.

The problem with a candidate like White is that they'll be a first time HC, having to assemble a new staff on the fly. Who knows how long it would take to get the right combination of coaches on the staff. So, expect a multi-year process to get things optimized.

Would prefer someone who's been a head coach, to at least take that part of the learning curve out of the equation.
Amen. Get a guy who’s a head coach and knows what he’s doing. I’m sure White’s super swell and the players really dig him. But it’ll be year 3 before he knows what he’s doing. Enough of that already

So yet another unproven possible coach? Seriously?? if this happens its another 5-6 years of disappointment football on the hill.. The only chance to revive this program is with a PROVEN COACH and to spend the money to make it happen!! Scared money doesn’t make money!! When will SU learn?!?!?!
What proven head coach is going to want to come here? Who and how?

Why would TW want to come? He has be aware of the difficulty and lack of support that you pointed out. He stays at Nebs and gets a much better position in a year or 2. You've made it sound like it is an impossible situation to be the head coach at SU. He takes that chance and it would be his last.

how refreshing to watch some good football played by well coached programs today. and to watch rutgers lose.

Why would TW want to come? He has be aware of the difficulty and lack of support that you pointed out. He stays at Nebs and gets a much better position in a year or 2. You've made it sound like it is an impossible situation to be the head coach at SU. He takes that chance and it would be his last.
You have to read the post I responded to, I meant hiring a proven coach, presumably head coach with the limitations we have. I Wholeheartedly believe the right coach, with staff and support can win here, special place.... I could write volumes of what I believe occurred with Dino. I believe if he had what he has right now in year one he would have gotten over his lumps because he would have had greater success by now, He however did not, current climate made it only worse. Try to run behind a weakened, injured O-Line, LMK, now try to coach behind a stacked deck. They realize that now on the hill. That is why they are so hesitant. I do not know if it would be too late now. It really is a special place. Maybe we can get Marrone to O-Line, kidding aside, but seriously so many factors. Mac had a lot of lumps as well, he just had alot more talent, was a really good culture too.

I think this is a fair question, which is why I think coaches who’ve been good and perhaps received a raw deal and might be itching to be a head coach again could be interesting. Guys like Paul Chryst mentioned above, Al Golden, Manny Diaz. These are all guys who still have potential. They didn’t flame out necessarily. They maybe didn’t set the world on fire either. But a change of scenery might be good for them. I mean, Golden turned Temple around. Temple. Sure, he didn’t win a chip at Miami but no one has in two decades.

These guys have to know SU is a clown show but they might think they’re good enough to prove everyone wrong…and we play in the P5 ACC where it’s not unimaginable that they can do it.

These dudes have done it at high levels. Coordinators are a big risk as we’ve seen. With enough money and an ACC schedule, we might be able to lore one of these guys.

how refreshing to watch some good football played by well coached programs today. and to watch rutgers lose.
Sad to watch the Wash/USC and LSU/Bama game to see what good QB's and offenses can do. If we could only get half that kind of production at Syracuse.

Sad to watch the Wash/USC and LSU/Bama game to see what good QB's and offenses can do. If we could only get half that kind of production at Syracuse.
I’m always amazed at watching other games and seeing WRs run wide open over the middle yet ours can’t even come close. I guess you need to have speed and a deep threat for them to respect you opening up the underneath route. Or is it the line protecting the QB which allows time to run these routes.

Most of it starts up front. When Wolly went down so did our Oline. We need to build from the line out as they will make everyone better.

The PI call WAS complete BS. It was a game changing call, and would have been overturned if reviewed in some capacity. No argument there.

BUT as for the rest -- coulda, shoulda, woulda.
As the old ball coach (Spurrier) once said..."what should have happened, did happen"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom