My wife is working at Georgetown today | Syracusefan.com

My wife is working at Georgetown today

Eric15

Living Legend
My wife is in the midst of a fellowship in Hospice/Palliative Care, and will be spending the next couple months working at the Georgetown University Medical Center.

I feel like Woody Harrelson's character in "Indecent Proposal." It's like - I know that this situation is in the best interest of our financial well-being, but it makes me feel so dirty and uncomfortable.

My wife is in the midst of a fellowship in Hospice/Palliative Care, and will be spending the next couple months working at the Georgetown University Medical Center.

I feel like Woody Harrelson's character in "Indecent Proposal." It's like - I know that this situation is in the best interest of our financial well-being, but it makes me feel so dirty and uncomfortable.

My father is a Hospice doc, and it is immensely important and difficult work. Georgetown is a wonderful school, with the exception of all their sports teams! :) You should feel very proud of your wife and her choice of work!

My father is a Hospice doc, and it is immensely important and difficult work. Georgetown is a wonderful school, with the exception of all their sports teams! :) You should feel very proud of your wife and her choice of work!

Couldn't agree more with everything you just said.

Does she have a bday coming up? It's now a good time to buy her some new stuff: Cuse scrubs, cuse lanyard, "Your mother is a hoya" tshirt...scratch that last one.

Was she able to purchase a single parking pass or did they make her buy five spots?

Ditto on the loading up on the Cuse gear -- a must. My son attended a summer program there before his junior year of HS, offered as a way to get kids interested (think summer camp on campus for hoop). Anyway, first day some Dean of Students makes a pitch and says to them "once a Hoya, always a Hoya". Instantly made eye contact with my son, shaking his head no. He wore a different Cuse shirt to class every day of summer, including many of my vintage hand me downs from the Pearl era and even earlier. Loved pis***g off teachers!

Georgetown Med School/Medical Center is an excellent medical facility. Let her focus on the medical aspects... and don't give her grief about the Hoya affiliation. She's getting a world-class medical education there.

Georgetown Med School/Medical Center is an excellent medical facility. Let her focus on the medical aspects... and don't give her grief about the Hoya affiliation. She's getting a world-class medical education there.

I was just kidding around in my post - I'm extremely proud of her. It's a fantastic program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom