Mystery/suspense books | Syracusefan.com

Mystery/suspense books

dasher

Living Legend
I have a lot of mystery/suspense books. Right now, 35. I am looking to trade them with someone.
If you are in to mystery/suspense and are interested, let me know.

Not looking to trade. I do mostly audio books. Wondering if you have author suggestions beyond what I have read
My favorites to date are
The Harry Bosch series
Mickey Haller, too. The Renee Ballard ones don’t quite get there for me. They are okay.

Jack Reacher and Diane Capri’s Reacher books.
Jonathan Kellerman
David Morrell historical fiction books - I really enjoyed the Victorian era Thomas DeQuincy trilogy.

Right now I am really into the Daniel Silvia’s Gabriel Allon books: I am cruising through them.

Simon Beckett has some good forensic mysteries.
David Baldacci and Harlen Coben are favorites as well.

Thanks in advance for anything new.

To me it starts with Alistair MaClean. long gone but so many great books and movies from him. His first one HMS Ulysses might be the best ww2 fiction book I ever read. But then he writes guns of Navarone and Where Eagles dare.

Then I go to Dick Francis.. Also gone but since I love horse racing a British twist on that is always fun
Clive cussler is a long time favorite. He is also gone now but he started multiple series of chars so many more to come. A little more fun/light hearted take on the genre
he is much like James Patterson though in many people writing under his umbrella
Also like Tom Clancy has multiple things still in that area going on.

I have read most everything Capt tuttle mentioned all good
Bosch has turned into a nice tv set of shows as well

John Sanford just finished one of his latest and one more on deck

Have some Martini/Madden/Taylor/ and half a dozen others

Kindle limited has gotten me into so many i lose track like 30 more authors I probably would never have bought..

the Gray man has been solid

Was in a real book store the other day for the first time in a while.. I miss it.

Last edited:
To me it starts with Alistair MaClean. long gone but so many great books and movies from him. His first one HMS Ulysses might be the best ww2 fiction book I ever read. But then he writes guns of Navarone and Where Eagles dare.

Then I go to Dick Francis.. Also gone but since I love horse racing a British twist on that is always fun
Clive cussler is a long time favorite. He is also gone now but he started multiple series of chars so many more to come. A little more fun/light hearted take on the genre
he is much like James Patterson though in many people writing under his umbrella
Also like Tom Clancy has multiple things still in that area going on.

I have read most everything Capt tuttle mentioned all good
Bosch has turned into a nice tv set of shows as well

John Sanford just finished one of his latest and one more on deck

Have some Martini/Madden/Taylor/ and half a dozen others

Kindle limited has gotten me into so many i lose track like 30 more authors I probably would never have bought..

the Gray man has been solid

Was in a real book store the other day for the first time in a while.. I miss it.
Thanks

Not looking to trade. I do mostly audio books. Wondering if you have author suggestions beyond what I have read
My favorites to date are
The Harry Bosch series
Mickey Haller, too. The Renee Ballard ones don’t quite get there for me. They are okay.

Jack Reacher and Diane Capri’s Reacher books.
Jonathan Kellerman
David Morrell historical fiction books - I really enjoyed the Victorian era Thomas DeQuincy trilogy.

Right now I am really into the Daniel Silvia’s Gabriel Allon books: I am cruising through them.

Simon Beckett has some good forensic mysteries.
David Baldacci and Harlen Coben are favorites as well.

Thanks in advance for anything new.
If you like Simon Beckett you may enjoy the novels by Jefferson Bass. The books are by Jon Jefferson and
Dr. Bill Bass, the founder of The Body Farm at UT.

Also Jeffrey Deavers' Lincoln Rhymes series is very good. The Bone Collector, the novel, is 100 times better than the movie.

If you like Simon Beckett you may enjoy the novels by Jefferson Bass. The books are by Jon Jefferson and
Dr. Bill Bass, the founder of The Body Farm at UT.

Also Jeffrey Deavers' Lincoln Rhymes series is very good. The Bone Collector, the novel, is 100 times better than the movie.
Thanks. I am fast approaching the end of the available Gabriel Allon books. I will have serious withdrawals.

Thanks. I am fast approaching the end of the available Gabriel Allon books. I will have serious withdrawals.
I was literally just going to recommend those to you. I’ve only read two, but I’ll read more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom