Nadarius Fagan Transfers to Florida A & M | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nadarius Fagan Transfers to Florida A & M

Couldn't they have moved him to safety, if the issue was just that he couldn't put on enough weight? The kid hit like a truck.

How’s his speed for Safety?

FWIW our 2 deep safeties are better.

I’ll miss his apparent athletic ability on coverage teams and what might have been in the future but he’s been jumped. He’s nowhere near the field right now.

Last edited:
I'm unhappy that more than once now what is suppose to be information in a secure portal, only available to schools and players, is being announced before the player has the opportunity to make it public.

Not surprising. He struggled finding the field, even on special teams. He just couldn’t find a position here - struggled to put on weight in order to play lb, and isn’t a safety.

He was our first big recruiting “win” under the Babers regime, and I think we feel disappointed by the fact he is leaving - and we shouldn’t, because bigger and better fits for the system have arrived.

Wish him the best of luck - I could see him making an impact at an FAU / FIU school.

You’re not going to stop this sort of thing from being reported — new media, old media, whatever.

Those reporting it have a competition motive.

Those leaking it probably do also.
The NCAA needs to put something in place to monitor who is looking and if they have a legitimate reason to view that information in the portal.
And as far as media competition. Some of the folks leaking this info are the same ones that complain about letting kids have their moment when they commit to schools and let them be the first to announce their commitment. The same should be true for kids transferring. Have a little respect for these players.

Not surprising. He struggled finding the field, even on special teams. He just couldn’t find a position here - struggled to put on weight in order to play lb, and isn’t a safety.

He was our first big recruiting “win” under the Babers regime, and I think we feel disappointed by the fact he is leaving - and we shouldn’t, because bigger and better fits for the system have arrived.

Wish him the best of luck - I could see him making an impact at an FAU / FIU school.

Agreed, Fagan seemed more like a Shafer type of LB, than a Ward one. Couldn't make the gains that were needed to fit. Best of luck to the kid, he will make a splash somewhere no doubt.

Maybe he couldn't gain weight because he didn't want to gain weight and play LB?

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I went back to the original recruiting thread to read up on him and it was interesting to say the least. The board loved him and he was anointed instant impact player status and determined to be a four year starter by some. Now 2 years later he's leaving allegedly due to lack of talent/development. An interesting situation for sure.

I saw Fagan at the bowl game...he looked really small standing next to Devon Clarke …..also seemed disengaged with the team...this tranfer doesn't surprise at all

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I went back to the original recruiting thread to read up on him and it was interesting to say the least. The board loved him and he was anointed instant impact player status and determined to be a four year starter by some. Now 2 years later he's leaving allegedly due to lack of talent/development. An interesting situation for sure.

Respectfully, I don't think that is an accurate portrayal -- people were excited because of his offer list [which included LSU, Miami, and others]. It was an early indicator that Babers and staff would be able to compete with the big boys for talent.

But at the same time, there was concern expressed over him being undersized for a LB [I think he weighed ~190 pounds]. There was also widespread belief that he'd need to redshirt, using the extra year to pack on the weight / strength necessary to play LB. He was also taller than the LB incumbents we had at the time [Franklin / Bennett], so the hope was that he had the frame to "grow" into the role.

Nothing against Fagan whatsoever, I wish that it had worked out. But he didn't gain the size needed to play at this level, which is what prevented him from cracking the two-deep. Moving down to a lower level is probably the right move.

Respectfully, I don't think that is an accurate portrayal -- people were excited because of his offer list [which included LSU, Miami, and others]. It was an early indicator that Babers and staff would be able to compete with the big boys for talent.

But at the same time, there was concern expressed over him being undersized for a LB [I think he weighed ~190 pounds]. There was also widespread belief that he'd need to redshirt, using the extra year to pack on the weight / strength necessary to play LB. He was also taller than the LB incumbents we had at the time [Franklin / Bennett], so the hope was that he had the frame to "grow" into the role.

Nothing against Fagan whatsoever, I wish that it had worked out. But he didn't gain the size needed to play at this level, which is what prevented him from cracking the two-deep. Moving down to a lower level is probably the right move.

I was only commenting on the things that were posted in his recruitment thread which included the statements that he'd be a four-year starter, impact player, etc. He was touted at the time as being the top defensive recruit of the class and a future defensive leader. That's the majority of the comments in that thread. Its all still there.

Anyway, I just thought it was strange looking back to that board analysis that two years later he's no longer in the plan. Guess it just shows that prediction for success at the college level based upon high school performance is a real wild card and very difficult.

I wish him success no matter what and will be interested to see how it all plays out.

I was only commenting on the things that were posted in his recruitment thread which included the statements that he'd be a four-year starter, impact player, etc. He was touted at the time as being the top defensive recruit of the class and a future defensive leader. That's the majority of the comments in that thread. Its all still there.

Anyway, I just thought it was strange looking back to that board analysis that two years later he's no longer in the plan. Guess it just shows that prediction for success at the college level based upon high school performance is a real wild card and very difficult.

I wish him success no matter what and will be interested to see how it all plays out.
I didnt look back at his thread but Im sure its full with optimism. lol Its hard for a fan base that hasn't had much success not be excited about getting a kid with Bama and LSU offers. I think everyone lowred their expectations when he didn't crack the summer 2 deep. As fans you watch film, envision them in our scheme. and make a prediction of how well they will do. We can't predict their decision making, work ethic, study habits, mental toughness and heart.

I didnt look back at his thread but Im sure its full with optimism. lol Its hard for a fan base that hasn't had much success not be excited about getting a kid with Bama and LSU offers. I think everyone lowred their expectations when he didn't crack the summer 2 deep. As fans you watch film, envision them in our scheme. and make a prediction of how well they will do. We can't predict their decision making, work ethic, study habits, mental toughness and heart.
Yeah, I thought he would be a starter.

Yeah I mean coming off 3-9, 4-8, 4-8 and adding a kid with true elite program SEC level offers - it's not surprising people were excited and had high expectations. Plus he was an early enrollee.

This is why I always shake my head when every recruit we have coming in, someone comments they'll just instantly add 10 - 15 lbs (or more) and at the same time increase their speed and who knows, they might still grow a few inches. Every kid is unique; they don't pick colleges for the same reason, they can't all add 25 lbs. to their frame, and they all don't want to sit the bench on a winning team.

Didn’t see a thread on this. That’s a shame was thinking he’d play a big role over the next few years. Maybe the 2 4*’s we just brought in led to this decision? Either way I always wish the best for past, present or future Orangeman.

Yeah I mean coming off 3-9, 4-8, 4-8 and adding a kid with true elite program SEC level offers - it's not surprising people were excited and had high expectations. Plus he was an early enrollee.
Yeah, had some high hopes for this kid, especially with the way some Miami fans reacted when we signed him. Was wondering what happened to him...
Oh well, best of luck- the beat goes on! In Dino We Trust!

I started watching an ESPN+ series on HBCU schools, focusing on Florida A&M . Fagan's been getting alot of airtime on the show. They have him listed at 215 lbs on the roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom