Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23) | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23)

I see Chaz is very much still around. Wonder if he converted to just being a walk on? Or maybe hung up his sneaks and just getting his degree?
I'm gonna have to feed this into chatgpt for a facial and body language analysis
SmartSelect_20230906_173503_Brave.jpg

Big year for our new big...

It's year 3. That seems to be the year when it clicks for most of the big guys( if it ever is going to). 7-4 , 265 and can get up and down the court really well. Don't want to get too far ahead or assume anything but good to see him putting in that work with Red.

Just to add he is stronger and more of a pure athlete than Chukwu. If he can do the same things and maybe a little more without being so easily out muscled or really outmuscled much at all he's going to have a really solid year.

Last edited:
I was in Melo Center recently and saw him working out. He has a nice long range J that I wasn't expecting. Has some range too. Can step out and hit a three. Maybe it's just practice but the form was way better than expected.

He actually showcased that in HS a little bit. Kind of unexpected when you look at his FT pct though. Also JBA I'm sure hit his fair share in practice too...

It's year 3. That seems to be the year when it clicks for most of the big guys( if it ever is going to). 7-4 , 265 and can get up and down the court really well. Don't want to get too far ahead or assume anything but good to see him putting in that work with Red.

Just to add he is stronger and more of a pure athlete than Chukwu. If he can do the same things and maybe a little more without being so easily out muscled or really outmuscled much at all he's going to have a really solid year.
I don't think he's going to score a ton, partly because I'm not sure that's his game, and partly because I don't think we'll need him to do more than convert easy buckets off penetration and clean up garbage points from the glass.

His biggest statistical impact is going to be rebounding and stocks, likely with an emphasis on the blocks part of that equation. And that is just fine.

I don't think he's going to score a ton, partly because I'm not sure that's his game, and partly because I don't think we'll need him to do more than convert easy buckets off penetration and clean up garbage points from the glass.

His biggest statistical impact is going to be rebounding and stocks, likely with an emphasis on the blocks part of that equation. And that is just fine.
Lobs, lobs and more lobs from the best backcourt in the ACC

One thing I like that is on film is that as a shotblocker most of his blocks stay in play. He isn't spiking it out of bounds or off the backboard. With the team we have and wanting to get out and run makes this a very good fit.

Also if he can help us fans out with stocks- definitely a bonus ;)

I think that's a bit high. If he averages over 7 points a game I'll be thrilled.
Yeah, that wasn't a prediction, it was wishcasting... I think 8-6-3 would be realistic, with most of his points coming from rim running off our guards play.

I'm hoping I'm low on especially the rebounds, it could be a weakness, and neither McLeod nor Williams are strong rebounders. They still will probably be our best lineup, especially don't want to give up Williams as a shooting threat unless somebody else makes a big improvement.

Yeah, that wasn't a prediction, it was wishcasting... I think 8-6-3 would be realistic, with most of his points coming from rim running off our guards play.

I'm hoping I'm low on especially the rebounds, it could be a weakness, and neither McLeod nor Williams are strong rebounders. They still will probably be our best lineup, especially don't want to give up Williams as a shooting threat unless somebody else makes a big improvement.

Rebounding should be more spread out 1-5 with playing more mtm honestly. Benny should rebound better out of mtm as well. It was a small sample but he was the top rebounder next to Hugely over the summer team USA tour last year.

Have there been any reports about his play/workouts over the summer? I’ve seen a lot about the guards, but nothing about him. Is it really a foregone conclusion that he’s the starter over Hima? Does Hima have an injury?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom