Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23) | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23)

It's funny how people spent most games screaming for Red to take him out and now we mourn his loss.
I mean, he's awful, but also we need him in certain situations. Maliq deserves most of the minutes anyway though so we'll see how much this affects things. There's games we're better without him, and there's games we're better with him. Maybe it'll balance out.

I mean, he's awful, but also we need him in certain situations. Maliq deserves most of the minutes anyway though so we'll see how much this affects things. There's games we're better without him, and there's games we're better with him. Maybe it'll balance out.
He isn't awful. He is a big guy and they develop slower. He works great vs certain teams.

Let's wait and see how he looks next Fall before we discard him.

He isn't awful. He is a big guy and they develop slower. He works great vs certain teams.

Let's wait and see how he looks next Fall before we discard him.
He turns 24 this month and this is his fifth year of college counting his redshirt season in 2019 and year at junior college in 2020. This isn't a Jesse-as-a-freshman situation where he'll get tons better. With that said, his rim protection and size can be helpful, but I wouldn't expect a much better player next year. I think he's a backup to a traditional center at best.

He turns 24 this month and this is his fifth year of college counting his redshirt season in 2019 and year at junior college in 2020. This isn't a Jesse-as-a-freshman situation where he'll get tons better. With that said, his rim protection and size can be helpful, but I wouldn't expect a much better player next year. I think he's a backup to a traditional center at best.
I see him as a 20 min guy if he gets back to 100%. I agree his window on improvement is closing but he isn't a cat rescuer.

He'll make money professionally somewhere for 4-5 years.

If he is out for the rest of the year and if he is a fifth year senior then he is done with CBB right? Or can he go to grad school and play again next season?

Technically speaking how long can someone play NCAA basketball? If scholarship is not a concern (because of the availability of NIL) can someone play for like ten years get a bachelor master PhD MBA etc?

If he is out for the rest of the year and if he is a fifth year senior then he is done with CBB right? Or can he go to grad school and play again next season?
I'm pretty sure he has a Covid year

It's funny how people spent most games screaming for Red to take him out and now we mourn his loss.
I was definitely not one who bemoaned The Highlander's playing time... I thought he was ok, and needed to be out there a bit, especially against really big physical teams.

It's ironic (and unfortunate) that he was injured immediately before playing the team we could have used him against the most.

With the style of play I think Red will have ample options at finding answers at the 5 spot next year. We need to see what can be made of all these guys and who should move on. Also need to sort out if Benny can just add 20 lbs and convert himself into a big or if he looks to go elsewhere. With DF coming in you have a dynamic combo of players with him alongside Brown who just needs a 3ball to develop to add to his game. Give me hopefully Westry, JJ for another year and Moore paired with Quadir. Not sure about what happens with Bell and Taylor as both have been up and down. Cuffe could be really good in year 2 I think as well. Figure 1 or 2 really good kids out of the portal to add to the mix maybe 3 depending on how things shake out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom