Nancy Cantor | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Nancy Cantor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was channeling a very powerful women politician, but it won't come to me who it is.

In the immortal words of George Costanza, “I know less about women than any man in the world. But one thing I do know...” is that women would be the the first ones to point out if another woman gained weight. Of course, they typically only say those things to other women.

Bad idea to put a living persons name on a building.

The “Whinehouse”?

This thread has turned into an insane race to see who can get offended the most and the first over trivial details and invented slights.

With the above in mind, I’m fat, and that offends me. I win.

Agree with me and you’re patronizing me. Disagree with me, and you’re fat shaming me. Ignore me, and you’re marginalizing me.

Now on to Nancy...

She was a little too soft for my taste while on the hill, but she wasn’t all bad. This forum likes to pick winners and losers, turn into an echo chamber, and gradually adopt an extreme, black and white consensus/groupthink opinion.

This thread has turned into an insane race to see who can get offended the most and the first over trivial details and invented slights.

With the above in mind, I’m fat, and that offends me. I win.

Agree with me and you’re patronizing me. Disagree with me, and you’re fat shaming me. Ignore me, and you’re marginalizing me.

Now on to Nancy...

She was a little too soft for my taste while on the hill, but she wasn’t all bad. This forum likes to pick winners and losers, turn into an echo chamber, and gradually adopt an extreme, black and white consensus/groupthink opinion.

When Chris Christy was found on the beach after he had closed them, you don't think people were making fun of his weight?
But it's okay, because he's a white male.

People will always be judged by a combination of things including their appearance. Always have, always will. PC or not its a fact. Lets just say that this wasn't one of Nancy's best public appearances.

People will always be judged by a combination of things including their appearance. Always have, always will. PC or not its a fact. Lets just say that this wasn't one of Nancy's best public appearances.
Agreed, she was frustrated and acted out in front of a camera. I'm not a Nancy fan but I'm also glad my wife doesn't wear a body camera.

Can you imagine if she was a person of color? She might be dead. Getting out of the car is typically described as "an agressive action". At a minimum she would be in cuffs with her face in the pavement
You think? It's pretty common for people to get out of their car after an accident. When you're pulled over for a traffic violation or because the car is associated with a previous crime and the police were on the lookout, it is not.

It’s not just this board; at this point it’s cultural. We’d be in a far better place if people could read/hear something they disagree with and simply ignore it, because as soon as I saw the first response to the “fat” comment I was 100% certain this thread was going to devolve into what it turned into. It’s gone on for roughly four years everywhere, it’s not going to change. There’s too much cultural reward for painting yourself as a victim (or champion of “victims”) for it to stop.

This should be a one page thread where we all agree she came across terrible in the video, and that she’s no longer here. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.