Nassib riser in day 1 of senior bowl workouts | Syracusefan.com

Nassib riser in day 1 of senior bowl workouts

Am I reading it wrong or are they actually saying that Nassib and Tyler Wilson are off to good starts, not because of practice but because of how tall the measured in at?

Am I reading it wrong or are they actually saying that Nassib and Tyler Wilson are off to good starts, not because of practice but because of how tall the measured in at?
that's exactly what that article is saying. he's a riser because he measured in at 6'2''.

Ridiculous.

After seeing this this AM ...I'm a Riser too:rolleyes:
Anna-Burns-Welker.jpg

You think it's easy to be 6'2?

Here's a report:

-- Syracuse's Ryan Nassib lined up as the first-string quarterback in installs to start practice. Nassib showed a compact delivery throughout the day, though his accuracy was somewhat inconsistent. On multiple occasions, the former Syracuse signal caller seemed out of sync with his receivers, but that's to be expected since he and the receivers have never worked together in full speed on the field. North Carolina State's Mike Glennon and Miami (OH)'s Zac Dysert went through similar ups and downs on day one.

Ryan Nassib, Syracuse: Nassib has decent athleticism and a great feel for play fakes, but he also struggles with accuracy on sideline throws and fades, and he'll occasionally throw under pressure when he shouldn't, leading to some negative results. This is a big week for Nassib, however -- many believe that he's the best of a challenging lot of quarterbacks at this year's game, and the recent hire of former Syracuse head coach Doug Marrone by the Buffalo Bills put Nassib in the spotlight as a potential NFL prospect in says he hadn't been before, and it was the general consensus that he had the best practice performance on Monday.

Ryan Nassib, Syracuse: Nassib has decent athleticism and a great feel for play fakes, but he also struggles with accuracy on sideline throws and fades, and he'll occasionally throw under pressure when he shouldn't, leading to some negative results. This is a big week for Nassib, however -- many believe that he's the best of a challenging lot of quarterbacks at this year's game, and the recent hire of former Syracuse head coach Doug Marrone by the Buffalo Bills put Nassib in the spotlight as a potential NFL prospect in says he hadn't been before, and it was the general consensus that he had the best practice performance on Monday.

Accuracy has always been a problem - especially when under pressure.

Accuracy and feet.

Just saw a tweet (Keeley retweeted it) saying Ryan spent last night talking to Chip Kelly. Nassib to the hometown Iggles, maybe?

Accuracy has always been a problem - especially when under pressure.

Accuracy and feet.

Manning and Brady have problems when under pressure.

His overall accuracy tremendously this year.

i know i'm the last person to be saying anything but that hasn't stopped me before

everyone associated with the NFL is on crack.

i don't know what planet these knuckleheads live on where they can let russell wilson fall as far as he did and nassib can rocket up the boards

the lengths bad teams go to in order to convince themselves they have their guy at qb.

i hope the teams at the top take nassib, smith, glennon, barkley you name it - that way the bills will be forced to draft some other position out of neccessity and address QB some other way

i know i'm the last person to be saying anything but that hasn't stopped me before

everyone associated with the NFL is on crack.

i don't know what planet these knuckleheads live on where they can let russell wilson fall as far as he did and nassib can rocket up the boards

the lengths bad teams go to in order to convince themselves they have their guy at qb.

i hope the teams at the top take nassib, smith, glennon, barkley you name it - that way the bills will be forced to draft some other position out of neccessity and address QB some other way

Nassib might be a better passer than Wilson right now. Taller, better arm. Less mobile, and less "intangibles"...

I dunno. Sometimes I think we're too close and just remember the bad throws.

Nassib might be a better passer than Wilson right now. Taller, better arm. Less mobile, and less "intangibles"...

I dunno. Sometimes I think we're too close and just remember the bad throws.

qb rating ain't perfect but it's better than how they talk themselves into and out of guys.

nfl is too much like old baseball. instead of just looking at jake locker's actual production, they start dreaming about measurables but ignore the measurable game results. meanwhile, russell wilson was damn near perfect his last year but they talk themselves out of him

mike glennon is going to be rich and he's terrible but he's tall

True.

All QBs are subject to the effects of pressure.

We'll see.

Heck McNabb ran from pressure here and then had to do it again at Philly, the only difference was he had more play maker talent here then at Philly offensively. A guy like that can hide some flaws in the o-line but Nassib and most others don't have that ability to. I have to admit I'm more excited about the NFL draft than I have been in years and I hope all the SU kids go somewhere where they can find success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom