Nassib riser in day 1 of senior bowl workouts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nassib riser in day 1 of senior bowl workouts

i know i'm the last person to be saying anything but that hasn't stopped me before

everyone associated with the NFL is on crack.

i don't know what planet these knuckleheads live on where they can let russell wilson fall as far as he did and nassib can rocket up the boards

the lengths bad teams go to in order to convince themselves they have their guy at qb.

i hope the teams at the top take nassib, smith, glennon, barkley you name it - that way the bills will be forced to draft some other position out of neccessity and address QB some other way

I'm not saying Nassib should be a high draft pick at all. And if Marrone ties his future to Nassib, that is a ridiculously risky move. He'd be going all in early.

I'm not saying Nassib should be a high draft pick at all. And if Marrone ties his future to Nassib, that is a ridiculously risky move. He'd be going all in early.
i didn't think you were saying that, your's just happened to be what i replied to.

After seeing this this AM ...I'm a Riser too:rolleyes:
Anna-Burns-Welker.jpg

Im not sure who she is but I think youve found our new recruiting coordinator.

I would not draft him.

You don't like Nassib, wow that's a shocker.

The kid has gone from no chance to a mid round talent. Pretty damn good for an immobile quarterback.

The kid has gone from no chance to a mid round talent. Pretty damn good for an immobile quarterback.

Senior Bowl Notebook: Monday North Practice Notes

Posted by Cody Bauer On January - 21 - 2013ADD COMMENTS
Quarterbacks

Rich Barnes-USA TODAY Sports
Not a lot of live throws for the quarterbacks in today’s practice but they had good work with the QB coach from Oakland. They were also able to throw a few to receivers in 1 on 1’s.
-Ryan Nassib showed good arm strength throughout the day, tight spirals for the most part. He was corrected once by the coach on his weight balance while they were working on play action. Displayed decent footwork on roll outs. Did have one ugly miss on an easy out route throw. Overall decent first day.
-Mike Glennon showed his impressive arm strength while working with the coaches, good spirals, ball had some zip. There was one duck thrown by Glennon that wasn’t pretty. For being a tall QB his delivery was still compact, I don’t foresee a problem with it. When working in the minimal live drills he did show that he was hesitant. Got picked off by TJ McDonald on an over throw. He also got coached up on his play action.
-Zac Dysert also showed good arm strength throughout the day. His ball came out nice with a good delivery and nice spiral. In live drills he went to throw a quick out to Wheaton but pump faked and then still threw the ball which was an easy interception by Wreh-Wilson. Bad decision on his part to throw it. He later had a nice deep throw to Wheaton who went up and made a great catch. Dysert also had some footwork issues, while rolling out to his left tripped over his own feet and fell down. Didn’t show great anticipation. Read the rest of this entry » «Senior Bowl Notebook: Monday North Practice Notes»

No, no, no.

It's not that I don't like him- I like him a lot and respect the hell out of him for the success he had on the Hill.

I don't think he's a pro.

I wouldn't draft him with a significant pick.

But he turned out to be a heck of a college QB who succeeded with his smarts and his effort.

He is not mobile and is not NFL accurate- that's my point.

And I hope I'm wrong!

i thank nassib for all he's done on the hill but i've seen more than enuf game footage to know that he can't throw deep.

So here's a question for those who know much, much more about this stuff than I do:

When he was coming out of high school, Ryan was compared to Matt Ryan by several people (including his coach, I believe). How does that comparison hold up as he heads into the draft?

first, its just amazing how far nassib has come as a player. I remember the spring game going into his junior year and was chanting for charlie loeb to get more snaps. really, really hope he gets at least a 2nd round pick (which I believe happens) be great for the program.

No, no, no.

It's not that I don't like him- I like him a lot and respect the hell out of him for the success he had on the Hill.

I don't think he's a pro.

I wouldn't draft him with a significant pick.

But he turned out to be a heck of a college QB who succeeded with his smarts and his effort.

He is not mobile and is not NFL accurate- that's my point.

And I hope I'm wrong!

I completely understand where you are coming from. Even after witnessing the great success he had this year, I still have a difficult time believing that the kid has a shot at being a 2nd [and outside shot at 1st] round selection. But I do believe that he showed enough [and has the physical attributes] to carve out a career as a backup. And there are a lot worse ways to earn a living. Whether or not he ever becomes a starter, making and sticking in the league would constitute success in my mind.

And just for the record, I'm not an NFL scout / talent evaluator, so I qualify the above by acknowledging up front that I could be 100% wrong, and maybe Nassib really does have the chops to be a starting QB somewhere, someday.

Also like you, I hope that I am wrong and that Nassib excels.

first, its just amazing how far nassib has come as a player. I remember the spring game going into his junior year and was chanting for charlie loeb to get more snaps. really, really hope he gets at least a 2nd round pick (which I believe happens) be great for the program.
Ryan has showen what he can do a whole lot better once the O-line matured and started playing better. The theme song for much of his career has been"Man On The Run." Even Brady was mortal when the GMen got in his face during the first Super Bowl.

i know i'm the last person to be saying anything but that hasn't stopped me before

everyone associated with the NFL is on crack.

i don't know what planet these knuckleheads live on where they can let russell wilson fall as far as he did and nassib can rocket up the boards

the lengths bad teams go to in order to convince themselves they have their guy at qb.

i hope the teams at the top take nassib, smith, glennon, barkley you name it - that way the bills will be forced to draft some other position out of neccessity and address QB some other way

I think MOST people in the NFL are guessing...just like ALL people here are guessing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom