National Prep Showcase Sched. Announced | Syracusefan.com

National Prep Showcase Sched. Announced

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
http://www.newenglandrecruitingrepo...National-Prep-Showcase-Schedule-Announced.php

Friday, November 16th

12:00p.m. Fork Union Military Academy (VA) vs. St. Thomas More (CT)
1:45p.m. Hargrave Military Academy (VA) vs. Notre Dame Prep (MA)
3:30p.m. La Jolla Prep (CA) vs. Bridgton Academy (ME)
5:15p.m. Fishburne Military Academy (VA) vs. Northfield Mount Hermon (MA)
7:00p.m. Putnam Science Academy (CT) vs. Wilbraham & Monson Academy (MA)
8:30p.m. Massanutten Military Academy (VA) vs. South Kent (CT)

Saturday, November 17th

9:30a.m. Bridgton Academy (ME) vs. Fork Union Military Academy (VA)
11:15a.m. St. Thomas More (CT) vs. Fishburne Military Academy (VA)
1:00p.m. New Hampton School (NH) vs. Hargrave Military Academy (VA)
2:45p.m. Notre Dame Prep (MA) vs. Massanutten Military Academy (VA)
4:30p.m. St. John’s NW Military Academy (WI) vs. Lee Academy (ME)
6:15p.m. Kiski School (PA) vs. Brewster Academy (NH)
8:00p.m. South Kent (CT) vs. Vermont Academy (VT)

Sunday, November 18th

10:00a.m. Brewster Academy (NH) vs. St. John’s NW Military Academy (WI)
11:45a.m. Lee Academy (ME) vs. New Hampton School (NH)
1:30p.m. La Jolla Prep (CA) vs. Northfield Mount Hermon (MA)
3:15p.m. Kiski School (PA) vs. Tilton School (NH)
5:00p.m. Wilbraham & Monson Academy (MA) vs. Blair Academy (NJ)

Bump. Looking forward to hearing some good stuff about our duo from Brewster this weekend.

I thought i missed it! Going to try to make it.

Thanks for reminding me. I posted news on the Brewester games a few weeks ago. I'll be going Sunday.

Goodluck Okonoboh who I think will get a serious look now in 2014 plays for Wilbraham & Monson Academy.

Goodluck is still on our radar?
He was at practice after midnight madness. Not the biggest fan of his but he's a terrific shot blocker and maybe the extra year will benefit him to get stronger and improve on offense.

He was at practice after midnight madness. Not the biggest fan of his but he's a terrific shot blocker and maybe the extra year will benefit him to get stronger and improve on offense.
Yeah to be honest I don't even know what other bigs we were looking at in 14 past Dakari and Goodluck (the Noel connection), so for all I know he might be the best of whats left.

Dave Telep @DaveTelep
Remember Chris Bosh in high school. Chris McCullough and he has same body type.

Sounds like Brewster got beat tonight. Woah.

That's good stuff about McCoullogh, going left already and finishing with his left and not even in college yet. That's impressive for a guard at that age, let alone a big guy.

Vonleh is the player I wanted most! Very excited that we got McCullough he will be a stud. That said Vonleh looks NBA ready now and will be a super star from the time he starts at IU to late in his NBA career.

McCullough if he stays in 2014, should be in everybody's top 5 when it's all said n done.

Also worth noting that Canadian combo guard Duane Notice has been a standout in this event as well. I wonder if several players leave and Jordan is off the market if the staff would give him a look in the spring?

Also worth noting that Canadian combo guard Duane Notice has been a standout in this event as well. I wonder if several players leave and Jordan is off the market if the staff would give him a look in the spring?
please.. no more canadians. unless its wiggins.

LOL! We do great with canadians the more the merrier! and they can't complain about the weather...
Ennis and Notice have played together for years so chemistry would be no problem but yeah no more Canadians lol... dontbelieve2.png

Ennis and Notice have played together for years so chemistry would be no problem but yeah no more Canadians lol...View attachment 1421

If they can I don't care where they are from! And if we lose to a team with a bunch of canadians all hell will brake loose around here! Ws are Ws!

Took in the game myself this morning at Albertus Magnus College.

I had McCullough with 19 points. I didn't keep track of rebounds or blocks but I'll go with 10 and 5.

Sold all-around game for McCullough. Right now he's really a combo forward. He likes to set up down low and mix it up a little but I see him as more of a small foward down the road. Seems to be every bit of 6-9. A slender 6-9. He took one three and missed. Took two mid-range jumpers, made one. Nice form but a bit slow on the release. Really likes to be in wide open space to commit to the jumper. Otherwise he prefers to go inside. I had him for 6-9 from the field, with several of the baskets coming on some REAL impressive dunks. Free throw form is also good but he struggled a bit there, going 5 of 10. McCullough plays kind of a quiet, low-key game then he'll wake up with a colossal dunk. One really caught my attention. A defender was messing with him from about 10 feet out in the lane when McCullough said enough, side stepped the defender and went in for a tomahawk dunk. McCullough is a silky smooth player who will benefit from two more years of ball and weight training. He has a nice handle and I was hoping to see him play a little more on the wing to see that part of his game. But he spent good deal of the game in the blocks.

Patterson had a slow start. In fact, he doesn't start. He came off the bench early in the game. Brewster plays 10-12 guys so Patterson probably only played 25 minutes, a little more for McCullough. Patterson missed all three shots he took in the the first half, one a three pointer. He scored seven points in the second half, one a three-pointer from the right baseline. Quick release, by the way, on the three. He probably had four or five rebounds. He comes as advertised. He's a two guard with a decent handle. But don't expect many baskets from him off penetration. His points will come in a variety of ways but beating someone off the dribble won't be one of them. He's pretty athletic with crazy, long arms. He's always reaching and trying to get steals with those arms. He'll be good in the zone and seems to play hard. He's not selfish either. I thought he might be. Several times he passed up scoring opportunities to pass to an opponent.

McCullough is defenitely worth the wait. Like I said, two more years will do him good. He's going to be a good one.

Patterson simply gives us quality depth at two guard. He'll be in the rotation as long as he plays smart and doesn't start jacking up ill-advised threes.

That's all from here. Time for the Wagner game.

Kiski beat Tilton, too. Wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom