National Prep Showcase Sched. Announced | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

National Prep Showcase Sched. Announced

Francis, is Kiski anything special? Richardson didn't sign with IPFW this week...he's going to earn himself a BCS schollie, you'd have to imagine..

Francis, is Kiski anything special? Richardson didn't sign with IPFW this week...he's going to earn himself a BCS schollie, you'd have to imagine..
Oh no doubt Richardson is going to land somewhere big time now. Kiski is a solid prep program. I think they've about 3-4 players who could play high-major ball. With that said Brewster should've been able to handle them. Beating Tilton wasn't really an big upset because outside of Wayne Selden, not much talent is left from last year squad.

From yesterday's article on ESPN about the tournament:

"Youth is served

Chris McCullough (Bronx, N.Y./Brewster), PF, 2014

The recent Syracuse pledge was on the wrong end of an upset but regardless, his talent was undeniable. A Chris Bosh-style forward, McCullough has an added dose of athleticism to go with serious length (a Syracuse trait) and deft perimeter touch inside the 3-point line. He’ll be a rim protector and a scorer for the Orangemen."

Heh, I actually think McCullough has a better game than Bosh. Much more versatile.

I hope you're right because that would be great for the program, but that's saying quite a bit. I mean Bosh is a perennial All Star, Olympian, nba champion, and one of the best bigs in the league. I think with the way the NBA is trending towards smaller line ups with stretch 4's McCullough would be smart to pattern his game that way. He'd be a huge mismatch if a slower 4 was on him because he can spread the floor with his outaide shot and take his man off the dribble. He also would have the size and athleticism to guard guys in the post. He has a ton of potential tho and I agree does seem to be a more fluid athlete in the open floor and on the wing than Bosh, although I never saw Bosh play at the at the stage McCullough is at.

Well, Bosh wasn't anything special coming out of HS or college. He is just a textbook example of why the NBA continues to draft for potential; Bosh's potential was huge & he reached it.

Well, Bosh wasn't anything special coming out of HS or college. He is just a textbook example of why the NBA continues to draft for potential; Bosh's potential was huge & he reached it.

Ummm, Chris bosh was a top ten recruit out of hs, then went on to average 16 pts, 9 Rebs, and 2 blocks a game while at Georgia tech. That seems like a little more then just potential.

Ummm, Chris bosh was a top ten recruit out of hs, then went on to average 16 pts, 9 Rebs, and 2 blocks a game while at Georgia tech. That seems like a little more then just potential.

Lol I had similar memories of Bosh but I just chalked it up as maybe I misremembered things.

Chris McCullough highlight mixtape from the weekend.

W-O-W...kid looks unreal. I can't believe this video was made only from plays from the weekend's games.

What a great get for SU. Very excited to watch him play in the Dome. So much talent, and on some of those alley-oop dunks he catches the ball in awkward positions and still converts the jam.

If taking Buss has any impact on McCullough committing/staying committed, then I'm liking it more and more. (although, situations like these often can result in Syracuse benefiting most (or at least as much as) from the "lesser-rated" prospect...like Flynn being lower-rated than Paul Harris, Rick Jackson lower-rated than Scoop, etc.)

Was just looking at the 2014 rankings and with all of the big names that have left to join 2013. It wouldn't shock me to see McCullough become the consensus #1 player. His upside is way bigger than Jahlil Okafor and some of the other highly rated prospects in that group.

Definitely true in those two instances, but i think we would all bet a case or 2 of Henny that won t be the case with McCullough and Buss,no disrespect meant to Mr. Patterson.

Goodluck's block party in 1 half at the National Prep Showcase. Hello 2-3 zone and I'm actually starting to like him as a 2014 pick up for SU.

Goodluck's block party in 1 half at the National Prep Showcase. Hello 2-3 zone and I'm actually starting to like him as a 2014 pick up for SU.

Seems like we've been recruiting this guy forever.

Several times he passed up scoring opportunities to pass to an opponent.
Hmm. Sounds like s turnover machine. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

love how he keeps so many of his blocks on the court, rather than just swatting them out of bounds.

love how he keeps so many of his blocks on the court, rather than just swatting them out of bounds.
Agree. Also his quickness to block shots when coming from the opposite side was impressive as well. He definitely can play the 4 or 5 in our system.

Goodluck seems to have slimmed down and gotten into better shape. He covered much more ground that I rmrmber from his vids last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom