National Title Game - UNC vs Gonzaga | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

National Title Game - UNC vs Gonzaga

That would be silly of you to proclaim, because the aggregate is more than just the tournament. Which is why when the ACC was considered the best conference in the regular season, and the best team from said conference goes on to win the championship, it validates that label.

It's okay when the circumstances warrant to just admit that you were wrong, that the ACC came through in the end, and that the position you were advocating didn't pan out. :noidea:

Stop. You're embarrassing yourself. ACC has nine invitees and eight of them fail to outperform their seeds. Several got crushed and you can sit here with a straight face and say they were the best conference? So then I guess the WCC is the second best conference since their rep finished as the runner-up. Too bad they don't play a consolation game anymore so that we could figure out who the third best conference was. :crazy:

Are you still playing devil's advocate or what?
No. Considering the NCAA is the devil and I would never advocate for them.

Why do you assume I'm playing devil's advocate just because I don't join the UNC haters club? The NCAA and their rules are such BS I applaud any program that finds a way to skate around them.

Why do you assume I'm playing devil's advocate just because I don't join the UNC haters club? The NCAA and their rules are such BS I applaud any program that finds a way to skate around them.

That's exactly how I feel. They threw away any moral authority to judge anyone when they bent over for the Paterno cult.

I'm so sick of the pearl clutching that comes with college sports and "cheating."

They need to stop with these crap floors too. So much slipping. Screw UNC. Cheer it up ACC fans. Roy gets another after getting away with murder while we have been going downward, for a fraction of that garbage.

And there was a lot of media handwringing over our Final Four last year.

Stop. You're embarrassing yourself. ACC has nine invitees and eight of them fail to outperform their seeds. Several got crushed and you can sit here with a straight face and say they were the best conference? So then I guess the WCC is the second best conference since their rep finished as the runner-up. Too bad they don't play a consolation game anymore so that we could figure out who the third best conference was. :crazy:

Conically wrong.

Logic, data, and empirical evidence is why the ACC was considered the best conference. Borne out by an ACC team that was a #1 seed winning the championship.

Since the WCC did not have said logic, data backing that up, nor empirical evidence to make the claim that they were the second beset conference, then no -- they wouldn't be considered the second best conference because their team finished as runner up. That is flawed Pat Forde logic that is akin to a weak straw man argument.

Now who's embarrassing themselves? You're investing a lot of wasted time, energy, and effort making end around arguments when it would be far easier to just admit that you were wrong, and acknowledge that the ACC got it done despite a few lower seeds not playing to seed. At the end of the day, who freaking cares? Hand wringing about Miami, Wake Forest, and some of those others is what is embarrassing.

I thought that's what you said earlier. Never mind it's not important

Collins getting some cheapies. Did not foul the guy there... also had a foul on an offensive pick earlier (that was legit but not always called).

Refs treating him like a freshman

When is the last time one conference won the national title in both football and basketball?

W/O google assist either 2012 when UK won in hoops for sometime during the 2006-2007 back to back Florida hoops titles.

W/O google assist either 2012 when UK won in hoops for sometime during the 2006-2007 back to back Florida hoops titles.
Yep.

Yesterday was just the second time in the last quarter-century that two schools from the same conference won the football national title and the basketball national title in the same academic year. Good for the ACC.

Before the SEC did it with Alabama-Kentucky five years ago, the last conference to do it was back in 1991 when Georgia Tech won the co-national championship in football and Duke won the title in basketball.

Yep.

Yesterday was just the second time in the last quarter-century that two schools from the same conference won the football national title and the basketball national title in the same academic year. Good for the ACC.

Before the SEC did it with Alabama-Kentucky five years ago, the last conference to do it was back in 1991 when Georgia Tech won the co-national championship in football and Duke won the title in basketball.
Big East 2003 should have happened
Miami won the Fiesta Bowl over Ohio State then the ref threw his flag.
Miami-Syracuse should have happened for the Big East.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom