NBA 2017-2018 thread | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Alsacs

Living Legend
Chris Paul traded from clippers to Houston rockets. Wow how are Paul and Harden going to play together.

Clippers got Patrick Beverly, Sam Dekker, Lou Williams and 2018 first round pick.

Steal for Houston.

Paul George isn't getting much for Pacers.

Clippers got Patrick Beverly, Sam Dekker, Lou Williams and 2018 first round pick.

Steal for Houston.

Paul George isn't getting much for Pacers.

Who is reporting that this is a done deal? I can only find rumors.

How is it a steal for Houston? CP3 told the Clippers he was going to sign with Houston and then this forces the trade so the Clippers get something. Houston gives up a great defender in Beverly and a finalist for 6th man of the year in Lou Williams.

How is it a steal for Houston? CP3 told the Clippers he was going to sign with Houston and then this forces the trade so the Clippers get something. Houston gives up a great defender in Beverly and a finalist for 6th man of the year in Lou Williams.
Houston was at 90 million before this trade. Paul was 23 million cap space.
Houston gave up Beverly, Williams, Dekker 14 million and with their 9 cap space to make the deal with the draft pick and trade exemption.

Houston by trading got this deal without gutting the money to sign Paul.

now that Phil is gone...is Lebron a Knick yet?

now that Phil is gone...is Lebron a Knick yet?
You guys won't have the cap space because of the contracts you gave to Noah and Lee last off-season.

Houston was at 90 million before this trade. Paul was 23 million cap space.
Houston gave up Beverly, Williams, Dekker 14 million and with their 9 cap space to make the deal with the draft pick and trade exemption.

Houston by trading got this deal without gutting the money to sign Paul.

I don't think it's a steal. If anything its a balanced trade. Certainly helps their cap but Houston still had to give up good value

I don't think it's a steal. If anything its a balanced trade. Certainly helps their cap but Houston still had to give up good value
Houston would have to gut 9 million more dollars off their cap to sign Paul as a FA.

This trade saved them assets to get Paul.

The first round pick is worthless in the late 20s, Lou Williams is garbage and Sam Dekker was the 18th pick.

The only real asset they got was Patrick Beverly.

You guys won't have the cap space because of the contracts you gave to Noah and Lee last off-season.
instead of buying out Melo, they need to buy out Noah.

there needs to be a 'our former Team President, sabotaged us on purpose' amnesty contract out clause.

Houston would have to gut 9 million more dollars off their cap to sign Paul as a FA.

The first round pick is worthless in the late 20s, Lou Williams is garbage and Sam Dekker was the 18th pick.

Lou Williams is garbage? Ok

Yeah, bad deal for the Clippers. We don't know if Beverley can run an offense because he's been playing alongside Harden. Williams is too small to replace Redick and they already have a 6th man who can score in Crawford. Perhaps Dekker can become the SF they've been looking for.

The Clips need to do a lot more this offseason. West is overrated as an exec and this trade is another example why.

Lou Williams is garbage? Ok
He really helped the Lakers the last few years.
He is scorer on a bad team and 7th man on a good team.

He isn't what the Clippers need. He is valuable to contenders off the bench.
Lou Williams is a dime a dozen in the league. He was contract filler in this deal.

Yeah, bad deal for the Clippers. We don't know if Beverley can run an offense because he's been playing alongside Harden. Williams is too small to replace Redick and they already have a 6th man who can score in Crawford. Perhaps Dekker can become the SF they've been looking for.

The Clips need to do a lot more this offseason. West is overrated as an exec and this trade is another example why.
The only plus for the Clippers is they will have 70 million in cap space next offseason and without the stink of Donald Sterling could be attractive to FAs like Paul George.

He really helped the Lakers the last few years.
He is scorer on a bad team and 7th man on a good team.

He isn't what the Clippers need. He is valuable to contenders off the bench.
Lou Williams is a dime a dozen in the league. He was contract filler in this deal.

Dime a dozen. Lol. He is a very solid player.

Dime a dozen. Lol. He is a very solid player.
Jae Crowder type players which is what Lou Williams is are a dime a dozen in the NBA:

Most teams have guards on their bench capable of double digit scoring.
ESPN top 200 players ranked Lou Williams #198

Counting down the NBA's top 200

Yeah your right dime a dozen may be kind.

Jae Crowder type players which is what Lou Williams is are a dime a dozen in the NBA:

Most teams have guards on their bench capable of double digit scoring.
ESPN top 200 players ranked Lou Williams #198

Counting down the NBA's top 200

Yeah your right dime a dozen may be kind.

I like him, you don't. Just bad phrasing because he's not garbage. He's the 5th 6th or 7th option on any team (maybe 8th if it's GSW). Teams have 13 active every game. Dime a dozen guys are like the last 4-5 guys on the bench lol

I mean, Paul said he was going to leave as a FA, so they did they best they could.

I like him, you don't. Just bad phrasing because he's not garbage. He's the 5th 6th or 7th option on any team (maybe 8th if it's GSW). Teams have 13 active every game. Dime a dozen guys are like the last 4-5 guys on the bench lol
I got nothing wrong with you feeling different. I just think he is a slightly above player.

I got nothing wrong with you feeling different. I just think he is a slightly above player.

Oh no I know. I didn't mean to come across as we had ill-will toward eachother haha. Especially over LouWill.

Interested to see what the Rockets do with the money they freed up. Same for LAC (albeit that'll be next summer)

Oh no I know. I didn't mean to come across as we had ill-will toward eachother haha. Especially over LouWill.

Interested to see what the Rockets do with the money they freed up. Same for LAC (albeit that'll be next summer)

The Rockets are using the money they freed up to trade for Paul

Lou Williams is garbage .

that's just crazy talk

average NBA player has a PER of 15. Williams has been above that line 9 of the last 10 years; last year his PER was 21.4 - 4th among all shooting guards.

He's so "garbage" that Daryl Morey was willing to spend a first round pick to get him mid-season :crazy:

I mean, Paul said he was going to leave as a FA, so they did they best they could.

right; if the Clippers actually had any leverage, then this would be a bad deal, but given the circumstances, I'd say any time you can turn nothing into something, it's a good move.

depending on what Blake does, the Clippers might be in full re-build mode. In that case, Williams is an asset that can be turned into something that better suits the teams needs down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom