NBA 2018-2019 | Page 112 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

The changes to the lottery were tremendous.
Tanking is still going to happen but pretty much it’s not a huge advantage like it has been.
Bulls and Suns fell 4 spots.

It was, and it wasn't. If they didn't tank quite as hard and finished second or third worst, they'd be much worse off.

I think Barrett and Morant are roughly similar prospects, with Zion on another level. So the Knicks at least staying in the top 3 is good. And getting the Dallas pick to convey to Atlanta, meaning it's a year closer that the dallas picks convey to them, is nice. I'm heartbroken that we can't get Zion, but I think today is like a 7 out of 10 for the Knicks
How worried are you the Knicks will try to make a trade with the Lakers or Cavs to trade Barrett for Reddish and assets.

Personally I wish the Knicks got Morant if they didn’t get Zion, but what ya gonna do.

I think I'd rate Morant higher as well, but it's reasonably close I think. It could end up going either way. And if the Knicks really are going to land Durant/Kyrie; well you don't need a PG as much

How worried are you the Knicks will try to make a trade with the Lakers or Cavs to trade Barrett for Reddish and assets.

I wasn't until now. That's a terrifying scenario. I can see them shopping the pick in a Davis trade. But we have some future assets due to us (Dallas picks) so they shouldn't be looking to make a deal like that. Of course, that's never really stopped them before

I wasn't until now. That's a terrifying scenario. I can see them shopping the pick in a Davis trade. But we have some future assets due to us (Dallas picks) so they shouldn't be looking to make a deal like that. Of course, that's never really stopped them before
Barrett plays the same position as Durant.
Knicks need a SG or stronger wing player to go with Durant.

Reddish doesn’t fit either.
I think the Knicks deal the pick for a veteran if Durant is coming.

Barrett plays the same position as Durant.
Knicks need a SG or stronger wing player to go with Durant.

Reddish doesn’t fit either.
I think the Knicks deal the pick for a veteran if Durant is coming.

I could see that, but doing it for Reddish or whatever, I don't see.

I also think the position thing is a bit of a red herring; if Barrett is any good, you can definitely play him and Durant together. I also think Barrett could probably be something like a 2 anyway.

I'm intrigued to see what the Pellies do now; if Davis still wants out, they could rebuild pretty quickly. Zion, Randle, Jrue, whatever they get for Davis.

Very true. I wouldn’t be mad at getting Barrett though.

Anyone in the top 3 Is fine . Zion isn’t destined to be the best player in the class.. just the most unique and best marketing device

Really curious to see what the Grizzlies do. Bit of a wild card.

The dumbest draft in the major sports ... lives up to its billing.

#3 and whatever/whoever you want that’s not named Mitch, for AD.

Re Zion... I wanted Zion in NY selfishly, but this is just such a lame landing spot for the most hyped player since Lebron.
Pelicans can't make the deal unless Mitch is included

Pelicans can't make the deal unless Mitch is included

and I don't think they will, going to be a bidding war between LAL, LAC, knicks and the Celts.

Pels will need a point guard, 3 that can shoot as well.

But the Knicks will probably need to start here Mitch, the 3 pick, Frankie Smokes, 2021 Mavs 1st, 2021 Knicks protected ( 1-4), 2023 Dallas 1st protected ( 1-10)... and maybe Knox It's going to get stupid

As a Pelicans fan, It's #3, Knox and Robinson and cap filler at a minimum.

Really curious to see what the Grizzlies do. Bit of a wild card.

Not really. They take Morant and call it a day. Maybe keep Conley around until the deadline to show him how its done and then sell him for whatever assets you can.

As a Pelicans fan, It's #3, Knox and Robinson and cap filler at a minimum.
I thought I had read that the Pelicans were not fans of Knox. Mitch, the 3, a future pick and whoever else they want. It's going to be the best deal they get.

Knicks have Mavs pick unprotected in 2021.
So it the package has to be 3, the 2021 Mavs pick, and 2023 Mavs pick, Knox, Smith Jr.

So it the package has to be 3, the 2021 Mavs pick, and 2023 Mavs pick, Knox, Smith Jr.

That and Mitch would probably do it. It's going to be painful to acquire Davis. It's a bidding war. The Pels may want to try and get the PG from Carolina instead of Barrett as well.

I think it's going to get stupid.

I thought I had read that the Pelicans were not fans of Knox. Mitch, the 3, a future pick and whoever else they want. It's going to be the best deal they get.

Don't know how anyone would have a clue who Griffin is a fan of since he was just hired a few weeks ago. Really just comes down to if they prioritize getting the absolute best asset possible or best package. Celts might still have the 2 best assets with Tatum and the Griz pick though I'd probably slot the Knicks pick now ahead of that Griz pick. After that it's probably Ingram. Simmons was always an interesting idea but him and Zion couldn't possibly play together and succeed in the playoffs together. Would be fun to see them overwhelm teams in the regular season though.

Negative. If the Pelicans value Robinson as a replacement big for AD then they will get Robinson. It's literally that simple. They will dictate the terms when there are numerous bidders.

That and Mitch would probably do it. It's going to be painful to acquire Davis. It's a bidding war. The Pels may want to try and get the PG from Carolina instead of Barrett as well.

I think it's going to get stupid.

PG is a 2nd tier need. If Holiday isn't going to be the PG then they need to have a bigger PG next to him. Can't be having a 6'4 SG with a 6'3 PG though Holiday is a beast on defense.

PG is a 2nd tier need. If Holiday isn't going to be the PG then they need to have a bigger PG next to him. Can't be having a 6'4 SG with a 6'3 PG though Holiday is a beast on defense.

True. Still like a combo of Smart/Tatum/Brown as well but who knows. I like Peyton as a back up though.

It seems that Knicks are now at the front of the line. Pels are in such a great spot, already added 2,000 more seasons. I have spent enough time in NOLA to know if they start putting a solid product out there the town will gravitate for sure. Grif and now Zion are 100% game changers. Facilities and staff already being upgraded, Gayle Benson must be ecstatic right now.

Holiday is the leader of this train for sure. Town and the franchise loves him and rightfully so

Last edited:
True. Still like a combo of Smart/Tatum/Brown as well but who knows. I like Peyton as a back up though.

It seems that Knicks are now at the front of the line

Agree. Them getting to 3 instead of 4 was really huge in their ability to make a deal happen. I was really rooting for 2 teams last night, the Pels and the Mavs. Moving to TX in a few months and was really intrigued by the possibility of Doncic, KP and Zion together. Would have been incredible. But beyond that, I'm really excited about the Pels options now. I'd be pushing the Lakers to see if they could move Kuzma or Ball with #4 to the Grizz for #2 then take Ingram with whichever other one and Morant. That's a pretty high end package. Knicks with Robinson/Knox/#3 would be acceptable though could end up with 3 guys that are all just average starters. If Kyrie leaves then who knows what the Celts even do, they probably aren't interested at that point. Likely not seeing anything happen until at least July 2nd.

Don't know how anyone would have a clue who Griffin is a fan of since he was just hired a few weeks ago. Really just comes down to if they prioritize getting the absolute best asset possible or best package. Celts might still have the 2 best assets with Tatum and the Griz pick though I'd probably slot the Knicks pick now ahead of that Griz pick. After that it's probably Ingram. Simmons was always an interesting idea but him and Zion couldn't possibly play together and succeed in the playoffs together. Would be fun to see them overwhelm teams in the regular season though.

I think a package of the 4 pick, Ingram (if health checks out) and Kuzma could be a nice package for NO to start a rebuild. Move forward with Zion, BI, Kuzma and Garland or whoever it is you want as your young core 4 guys and basically just reset your clock. Lakers probably throw in another pick or player in there maybe.

Maybe they flip Jrue and get some other assets as well in terms of future picks or young players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom