NBA Agent: "I always assume roughly 28/30 first rounders are taking money in college" | Syracusefan.com

NBA Agent: "I always assume roughly 28/30 first rounders are taking money in college"

Pretty significant data point for anyone wondering what role WWW plays.
And pretty amazing that this guy is allowed all-access not only to current UK players, but recruits. How is this guy allowed to meet with Quade, Diallo, etc. at MSG? Is there any mystery what this guy is telling these kids?

It's good that all agents interviewed for the article were granted anonymity so I can assume that agents from firms like ASM Sports and Landmark Sports that represent Cuse players have never, ever paid anyone.

Just read it. Crazy. Pretty good explanation of the psyche of many young basketball stars and their stunted development.

Really interesting article going behind the scenes with NBA Agents. I haven't finished reading yet but that quote was one big takeaway.

An inside look at the stressful, chaotic lives of NBA agents

And how about this one?

“But I’ve learned that you definitely don’t have to be a lawyer. Look at Worldwide Wes; he went to college for one year. He doesn’t have a college degree – much less a law degree – but he’s successful because he’s street smart, savvy and he knows how to talk to players. Relationships are paramount.”

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??
HOW is it OK that this dude is the defacto bag-man for UK?

Serious question here: How would you guys feel if WWW was a Syracuse guy instead of a UK guy?

would be amazing! More talent to Cuse and more trips to the Final Four.

Haha that's my point. I understand the knock against UK and this guy but sign me up for 'em.

Haha that's my point. I understand the knock against UK and this guy but sign me up for 'em.
I would prefer that the college game were rid of crap like this. I think most feel that way. But, it is so frustrating that certain teams are allowed to get away with HUGE infractions while others get crucified for relatively minor infractions. And, on top of that, to the casual fan or blind observer, the one that the NCAA nails gets viewed as a cheater while the teams doing the serious cheating are the darlings of the college basketball world. So, if we were allowed to get away with it, like the others, then bring it on.

I would prefer that the college game were rid of crap like this. I think most feel that way. But, it is so frustrating that certain teams are allowed to get away with HUGE infractions while others get crucified for relatively minor infractions. And, on top of that, to the casual fan or blind observer, the one that the NCAA nails gets viewed as a cheater while the teams doing the serious cheating are the darlings of the college basketball world. So, if we were allowed to get away with it, like the others, then bring it on.
The college game was never squeeky clean, but the one-and-done rule really exacerbated the problem - especially for the top 10-20 recruits.

What difference does that make? Right is right and wrong is wrong. A agent should not be allowed to be that close to a college program.

Just to show that our anger to other programs shady behavior is because they pull it off without getting caught and it's just our jealousy of that is all

Just to show that our anger to other programs shady behavior is because they pull it off without getting caught and it's just our jealousy of that is all[/QUOTE
We will never know I guess. Because we aren't cheating like two dollar whores. If we were and were getting away with it, we would know the answer. But the record shows that if we do anything, and we have done stuff we shouldn't have, we get slammed like nobodies business.

We cheat, were just not good at it.
Tell us how and when. And I don't want to hear about Melo.

If we did anything on the scale of WWW, don't you think the NCAA would have found it in 8 years? Rob Johnson did far less than a big payoff and that was one of the first dominoes that took us down in the 90's.

Tell us how and when. And I don't want to hear about Melo.

If we did anything on the scale of WWW, don't you think the NCAA would have found it in 8 years? Rob Johnson did far less than a big payoff and that was one of the first dominoes that took us down in the 90's.

We most definitely broke rules. I don't have much interest in going into semantics over wether it was "cheating" or not.

We most definitely broke rules. I don't have much interest in going into semantics over wether it was "cheating" or not.
Just don't make it sound like it's something that is a daily habit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom