NBA Fantasy Basketball 2021 - SyracuseFan League | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Fantasy Basketball 2021 - SyracuseFan League

I have A LOT of high usage guys so I'm going to lose the turnovers stat, like, every time.

Other than that though... all the counting stats get piled up.

Love rooting for Luka. Not so much Russ.

I'll be honest, Regular Season P on the Clips has been fun to have on the team.

If my team hit their shots I would be winning.

Took a handful of minutes and did a quick calculation of where the league would be at if it was based on Roto. (Based on League Totals).

1. Marek 63
2. JN 62
3. Brian 56
Hak 56
5. Buddy 54
6. Dude 50
7. Soup 44
UEO 44
9. Maggie 38
10. Guy 28

Obviously teams would be managed differently in this situation so its not that highly relevant.

But it could arguably show a few teams that have been hit by a bit of bad luck in timing of matchups -- Brian's team and my team. And the team with perhaps the best matchup luck - UEO's team.

Took a handful of minutes and did a quick calculation of where the league would be at if it was based on Roto. (Based on League Totals).

1. Marek 63
2. JN 62
3. Brian 56
Hak 56
5. Buddy 54
6. Dude 50
7. Soup 44
UEO 44
9. Maggie 38
10. Guy 28

Obviously teams would be managed differently in this situation so its not that highly relevant.

But it could arguably show a few teams that have been hit by a bit of bad luck in timing of matchups -- Brian's team and my team. And the team with perhaps the best matchup luck - UEO's team.
So basically my dominance is cemented.

Some close matchups this week. Note the records were below were at the beginning of the week.

1613370567482.png

Current Standings with those results.
1. Marek 87 points
2. JN 80 points
UEO 80 points
4. Hak 79 points
Buddy 79 points
6. Brian 76 points
7. Soup 65 points
8. Dude 59 points
Guy 59 points
10. Maggie 56 points

Season is somewhere around 40-45% complete, since playoffs are at end of regular season. So there is certainly enough time for teams #7-#10 to make a run, but as of now there is a line forming between the playoff and non-playoff teams.

The line between 2nd and 6th is extremely tight right now. (all within one point), The prize is a valuable first round bye in the playoffs.

Well, congrats on bumping me out of first. If you check out my bench and IL, you'll be really impressed by the collection of talent.

Kaiser is going to knock me out of our playoffs, and while I give him credit, mostly I blame Kevin Durant.

Kaiser is going to knock me out of our playoffs, and while I give him credit, mostly I blame Kevin Durant.
in the GardenBockers defense, they were a solid team in 1st or 2nd place most of the year, till the injury bug hit them hard too.

if they sneak by you, next week Davis gets inserted back into the lineup and lets roll those balls out there...

in the GardenBockers defense, they were a solid team in 1st or 2nd place most of the year, till the injury bug hit them hard too.

if they sneak by you, next week Davis gets inserted back into the lineup and lets roll those balls out there...
Yeah I was in first for a long time then Durant and King James got injured, and, well...

Regular season is what really matters. Bow down to the champ.

1619474134494.png

Congrats to Kaiser and Guy Fawkes for winning their quarterfinal rounds.
Semi's start this week

jncuse vs Kaiser
Hak Attack vs Guy Fawkes

Looking at the key injuries:
jncuse - Trey Young, Zach Lavine
Kaiser - Kemba Walker, Myles Turner
GuyFawkes - De'Aaron Fox, James Harden
Hak Attack - Chris Bourcher, Lamelo Ball (2 guys I dropped -- at least they are not biting me in the butt come play-off time)

Seems like every team is banged up a bit.

Also want to give a congrats to GuyFawkes for making the semi's.

As per post #130 above he was in 9th place (out of 10) at 24-38-1 (.388) after 7 weeks.
Totally turned it around the last 9 weeks going a record of 50-31-0 (.617) the last 9 weeks and to comfortably get in the playoffs. And now he is the in the Semi's,

I’m gonna be really pissed if I lose in the playoffs because Harrison Barnes got injured on Monday, thus me losing an ENTIRE week’s worth of production from his spot because for some reason we have weekly lineup changes which prevents me from substituting him out.

I’m gonna be really pissed if I lose in the playoffs because Harrison Barnes got injured on Monday, thus me losing an ENTIRE week’s worth of production from his spot because for some reason we have weekly lineup changes which prevents me from substituting him out.

It was the Yahoo default so it is the most common basketball league setup. I didn't go out of my way to go and select an abnormal setup.

This will be an item that will go to vote before setting up the league next year (if we have it). Whatever the majority wants that will be what we go with.

Personally, I don't like daily substitutions in a sport that teams play 3 or 4 games a week. If you have 10 positions why should the total games be 50+? This is not like baseball where teams are playing 6 or 7 games a week.

Injuries are a dynamic in sports that impacts games. So if it seeps its way into a fantasy league it doesn't bother me. It's a risk for all of us.

That being said if there was some sort of hybrid where you can only replace a player mid-week if they are officially injured that would be ideal in my view. Not sure if that exists

Last edited:
It was the Yahoo default so it is the most common basketball league setup. I didn't go out of my way to go and select an abnormal setup.

This will be an item that will go to vote before setting up the league next year (if we have it). Whatever the majority wants that will be what we go with.

Personally, I don't like daily substitutions in a sport that teams play 3 or 4 games a week. If you have 10 positions why should the total games be 50+? This is not like baseball where teams are playing 6 or 7 games a week.

Injuries are a dynamic in sports that impacts games. So if it seeps its way into a fantasy league it doesn't bother me. It's a risk for all of us.

That being said if there was some sort of hybrid where you can only replace a player mid-week if they are officially injured that would be ideal in my view. Not sure if that exists

Respectfully disagree. What’s the point of working the waiver wire if you can’t consistently play your bench guys? Daily lineups rewards shrewd managers and weekly lineups punishes them.

It’s actually not the Yahoo default. I’ve played Yahoo fantasy basketball for years, public and private leagues and I’ve never once been in a league with weekly lineup changes...

Until this year. But it’s fine. I’m still taking home the hardware.

Respectfully disagree. What’s the point of working the waiver wire if you can’t consistently play your bench guys? Daily lineups rewards shrewd managers and weekly lineups punishes them.

It’s actually not the Yahoo default. I’ve played Yahoo fantasy basketball for years, public and private leagues and I’ve never once been in a league with weekly lineup changes...

Until this year. But it’s fine. I’m still taking home the hardware.

I had been away from this for a while, I made a mistake in the setup not thinking it would result in what it actually did. I remember getting confused with one item being daily and one item being weekly, and thinking they had to align for a weekly head to head league to work. I thought they would still result in being ability to change your lineup each day given that they were saying you can still make 4 roster transactions a week. (the 4 was the default)

That being said I think it worked out better in the end for this league as it was a "moderate" activity league based on the level of transactions. Not everybody had the interest level to change lineups daily or even weekly and some didn't even make any moves. I think the high activity movers such as yourself make a really interesting league when they are playing mostly other high activity managers. But when you have a few high activity people and the majority as moderate transaction types it can get uninteresting pretty quick.

I think a weekly lineup actually worked out better in that regard in that it limited the number of moves but there was still certainly a benefit of doing moves. There was still an advantage of working the wire and getting players who ended up being good value when teams hit injuries this year. Even though moves were somewhat limited, out of the 5 people who made the most moves this year 4 of them were in the semi's.

I took the effort to put something together. Nobody else did. Not that I am expecting any thanks for this (it only took a few hours), but also not expecting much passive aggressiveness in return either.

1620011258336.png

Coming down to the wire in this semi-final.
Anthony Davis is still playing in the with 5 minutes left in the second quarter.

If Anthony Davis gets 3 assists or less, I win
If Anthony Davis can get 4 assists in the second half we have a tie. Not sure what the tie-breaker rule is. I think it might go to me due to regular season record, but not sure.
If Anthony Davis gets 5 more assists Kaiser wins.

In the other semi Hak Attack moves forward to the final.

1620011258336.png

Anthony Davis has now picked up an additional 2 assists.

16 minutes left in the game
Less than 2 AD assists I win.
2 more assists and we have a tie -- I believe I may have the tiebreaker.
3 more assists by AD and Kaiser wins

Anthony Davis just got the tying assist with 2:30 minute left in the game. It was a questionable assist -- flipped it to a guy who was basically still at the 3 point line and then drove in for the basket.

Kaiser and myself are now tied in the matchup at 4-4-1, I think I still have the timebreaker.

Anthony Davis just got the tying assist with 2:30 minute left in the game. It was a questionable assist -- flipped it to a guy who was basically still at the 3 point line and then drove in for the basket.

Kaiser and myself are now tied in the matchup at 4-4-1, I think I still have the timebreaker.
thats crazy!

we finished in a tie and it was all those damn assists!

im assuming you won the tiebreaker to go to the Champ game because of more 'wins' this year?...

Good luck Hak! I couldn’t keep the team injury free enough to complete the comeback from the cellar.
Two week playoffs even though it was to my determinant was a good way to ensure the best teams moved forward.

It is 7-2 right now, but many categories are close. (Points, Steals, Assists, Blocks, TO's).

It could come down to Chris Paul at 10:00 as he will be the only one playing. I have Dort going at 10:00 as well, but I suspect he will be rested.

1620584310371.png

Last edited:
Good luck Hak! I couldn’t keep the team injury free enough to complete the comeback from the cellar.
Two week playoffs even though it was to my determinant was a good way to ensure the best teams moved forward.

There will be some changes next year including possibly someone else running it as I made set up mistakes this year.

That being said is our current playoffs the traditional playoff setup in Yahoo leagues. I don't believe I tweaked anything in the playoffs but maybe I did.

Is it normal to go with longer playoffs -- i.e. 2 week rounds?