NBA is wrong | Syracusefan.com

NBA is wrong

shu 49

All Conference
Im watching Cleveland and Toronto and its a football game without pads. This is not magic and bird nba. Lebron is best player but he literally has pushed and shoved his way without any calls against him. Completly different game than in 1989. This isnt worth watching in my opinin. I loved the old Philly, Boston, LA, and Detroit teams. This is Bully basketball. What do u think.

Im watching Cleveland and Toronto and its a football game without pads. This is not magic and bird nba. Lebron is best player but he literally has pushed and shoved his way without any calls against him. Completly different game than in 1989. This isnt worth watching in my opinin. I loved the old Philly, Boston, LA, and Detroit teams. This is Bully basketball. What do u think.
You watched different Pistons teams than I did

E6581058-926F-42E8-8C36-000A68BC7253.jpeg

I have always said the talent and athleticism in the national basketball Association is off the charts, so what’s the problem?

If you compare the spirit of college versus the NBA it’s night and day

That’s the difference. Energy and spirit in college destroys the NBA!

I have always said the talent and athleticism in the national basketball Association is off the charts, so what’s the problem?

If you compare the spirit of college versus the NBA it’s night and day

That’s the difference. Energy and spirit in college destroys the NBA!
Yeah. There is just no effort in the playoffs.

The NBA playoffs have been amazing. I can’t find anything to complain about. LeBron is clearly the second best player I have ever seen, Golden State is a great team, and Anthony Davis is the leagues next superstar. I love SU but the NBA has been so much better to watch than college ball for the last few years.

NBA refs don’t call charges every chance they get, so you don’t get “defenders” constantly sliding under players that are in the air. Rather, they actually try to stop the guy with the ball from scoring. That automatically makes it a way better game.

Why are there even 30 teams in the nba? There are a total of three teams capable of winning. Sick league. Does not come close to the excitement level of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

I struggle watching the NBA - it's just non-stop fouling and no calls. I mean, stars get calls, but it's sort of hard to watch anything off the ball. There was a sequence in the Boston game yesterday that started with Baynes throwing someone to the ground in front of the ref with two or three trips in a row to follow where people were almost decapitated. Each time they jump around for a call after being bludgeoned, but nothing comes because they're not LeBron or a star.

That sequence just plays out constantly each game with a few clean ones if nobody drives.

It's constant pushing off the ball, every defender literally holding the arms of whomever he is guarding. I don't know - I hear the argument that the officiating is better, but it just seems like they call nothing, but for some reason flopping is far less prevalent. I could officiate an NBA game tomorrow. Just don't bring a whistle. :) Otherwise, it's the same as college, but much more physical, and fouls awarded randomly.

I find it worse than college. Which is shocking as college officiating is pretty awful at times. At least I get the impression they're trying to enforce rules though.

It’s not exciting to watch Lebron, Steph Curry, KD, Embiid, Harden, Donovan Mitchell, or the Celtics coaches by Brad Stevens?

Wow. I’d hate to hear some of you guys idea of exciting. Some of the excellence being displayed right now has never been seen before. They players are as skilled as ever.

I struggle watching the NBA - it's just non-stop fouling and no calls. I mean, stars get calls, but it's sort of hard to watch anything off the ball. There was a sequence in the Boston game yesterday that started with Baynes throwing someone to the ground in front of the ref with two or three trips in a row to follow where people were almost decapitated. Each time they jump around for a call after being bludgeoned, but nothing comes because they're not LeBron or a star.

That sequence just plays out constantly each game with a few clean ones if nobody drives.

It's constant pushing off the ball, every defender literally holding the arms of whomever he is guarding. I don't know - I hear the argument that the officiating is better, but it just seems like they call nothing, but for some reason flopping is far less prevalent. I could officiate an NBA game tomorrow. Just don't bring a whistle. :) Otherwise, it's the same as college, but much more physical, and fouls awarded randomly.

I find it worse than college. Which is shocking as college officiating is pretty awful at times. At least I get the impression they're trying to enforce rules though.

I agree, they let too much go off the ball. Baynes did get 5 fouls and spend much of the game on the bench in foul trouble though, as he should’ve.

It’s not exciting to watch Lebron, Steph Curry, KD, Embiid, Harden, Donovan Mitchell, or the Celtics coaches by Brad Stevens?

Wow. I’d hate to hear some of you guys idea of exciting. Some of the excellence being displayed right now has never been seen before. They players are as skilled as ever.

Pro sports will always be way better than college as far as skill level goes, obviously. That said, there have been times where I preferred college b-ball to the NBA. The last decade has not been one of those times.

There have also been times where I preferred college football to the NFL, despite the NFL players obviously being way better. I’m kinda down on both of those right now though, as far as watching games that don’t involve my favorite team. College football has too large of a gap between the best teams and everyone else now, and I don’t prefer the short pass happy NFL and I miss when kick and punt returns mattered.

To me, the NBA is the only one really getting it right where the games are entertaining to watch.

Last edited:

I couldn’t have said it better.

Pro sports will always be way better than college as far as skill level goes, obviously. That said, there have been times where I preferred college b-ball to the NBA. The last decade has not been one of those times.

There have also been times where I preferred college football to the NFL, despite the NFL players obviously being way better. I’m kinda down on both of those right now though, as far as watching games that don’t involve my favorite team. College football has too large of a gap between the best teams and everyone else now, and I don’t prefer the short pass happy NFL and I miss when kick and punt returns mattered.

To me, the NBA is the only one really getting it right where the games are entertaining to watch.

This is a very fair post. I don't mind people who enjoy the NBA better. I personally enjoy college better and always will, even though I have no problem admitting the NBA is a better played game in many ways. The only thing I get annoyed about is there were some times I started reading the board the past season and it seemed like some people (not you) just felt the need to make others feel guilty or stupid for liking college basketball. In fact, I got so fed up a few weeks ago that one of my posts got deleted and I was strongly encouraged by the mods to rephrase my feelings. ;) Probably only the second time that has happened in the years I have been on the board.

This is a very fair post. I don't mind people who enjoy the NBA better. I personally enjoy college better and always will, even though I have no problem admitting the NBA is a better played game in many ways. The only thing I get annoyed about is there were some times I started reading the board the past season and it seemed like some people (not you) just felt the need to make others feel guilty or stupid for liking college basketball. In fact, I got so fed up a few weeks ago that one of my posts got deleted and I was strongly encouraged by the mods to rephrase my feelings. ;) Probably only the second time that has happened in the years I have been on the board.

I hear you. I actually want to like college b-ball better, given that Cuse b-ball would be the team out of all my favorites that I root the hardest for. I often get so frustrated by the insane number of offensive fouls that occur that it ruins my enjoyment of it. While IMO it will never be like it was before the one and done era, I think it could be so much better than it is if the refs would just stop calling everything a charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom