NBA playoffs: best game in town | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: best game in town

Fireball Jr.

All American
I'm doubt the NBA haters on here and elsewhere in the world are not watching tonight's OKC-Memphis OT game or any of the great games this past weekend. KD's desperation 4-point play an instant classic. Great time to be a {pro} hoops fan. This is high art.

I will never understand how you can claim to be a basketball fan and not enjoy watching that the game, with the best players on the PLANET.

Memphis clearly the better team, IMO. OKC just has the best player. Unlike other major sports, one star can singlehandedly carry teams. Not to mention his supporting cast is solid. Still, Memphis is definitely showing everyone something.

I think OKC still wins, but again, it's nothing to do with Memphis not being very, very good, and everything to do with OKC having the second best player on earth alongside another NBA superstar (usually).

I will never understand how you can claim to be a basketball fan and not enjoy watching the game with the best players on the PLANET.
I agree. It's like being a football fan and preferring Pop Warner to the NFL.

This was sick

The level of play is incredible. I think people take for granted the fact that LeBron and KD are in the league right now, if you are interested in watching insanely talented players. The overall talent in the league is at its highest in decades.

If you are more interested in the team game, watching San Antonio is a thing of beauty. Granted they lost last night, but on the whole, they play an incredible brand of team basketball, with no player averaging over 30 minutes a game this season.

I think the OKC/Memphis match up is the most interesting of the first round. Great star power, great teams, great fans.

I wish I could stay up and watch some of the 10:30 games, but i just can't do it. Haven't seen any of the Houston-Portland series yet.

I think if I was an OKC fan I would be so frustrated any time they play Perkins/Thabo. (Throw Fisher in there as well). They score anyway because Durant is just that good, but they are so much easier to defend with offensive zero's on the court.

Westbrook is amazing to me. He's not the best player in the league, but the way he plays is just insane. He's so quick; he'll beat someone to the basket seemingly by just dribbling at and then by him like it's nothing.

I love college hoops, but there's just no comparison between the 2. In the NBA, i expect teams to run good sets and get buckets every time down. (even the knicks!) In college, scoring 3 trips in a row seems like a cause for celebration. Though the Tony Allen foul at the end last night; what a stupid play.

I wish I could stay up and watch some of the 10:30 games, but i just can't do it. Haven't seen any of the Houston-Portland series yet.

I think if I was an OKC fan I would be so frustrated any time they play Perkins/Thabo. (Throw Fisher in there as well). They score anyway because Durant is just that good, but they are so much easier to defend with offensive zero's on the court.

Westbrook is amazing to me. He's not the best player in the league, but the way he plays is just insane. He's so quick; he'll beat someone to the basket seemingly by just dribbling at and then by him like it's nothing.

I love college hoops, but there's just no comparison between the 2. In the NBA, i expect teams to run good sets and get buckets every time down. (even the knicks!) In college, scoring 3 trips in a row seems like a cause for celebration. Though the Tony Allen foul at the end last night; what a stupid play.

The series for this year's playoffs have been incredible. Like I said above, OKC/Memphis is my favorite so far but last night's Clips/GSW game was incredible.

It really is amazing how talented the teams are. The refs reviewing things kind of sucks, but I love almost everything else.

Do the pros have kids in face paint jumping and making noise?

PASSION! NAME ON THE FRONT! 52-50 scores!

heard an interesting theory that college>NBA fans are racist

Does anyone remember Prokhorov's outlandish claim about wanting to win a title ASAP? I believe it was within five years or so.

I don't think he ever truly believed it (Maybe he did). And while I'm rooting for the t dot, Bklyn looks to be on a path to get to the next round. I don't think they can beat Miami, but they are 4-0 against them this year. At the very least, Bklyn won't be scared of them.

As a side note, hope everyone is ready for game four at The Grindhouse in Memphis tonight!

Does anyone remember Prokhorov's outlandish claim about wanting to win a title ASAP? I believe it was within five years or so.

I don't think he ever truly believed it (Maybe he did). And while I'm rooting for the t dot, Bklyn looks to be on a path to get to the next round. I don't think they can beat Miami, but they are 4-0 against them this year. At the very least, Bklyn won't be scared of them.

As a side note, hope everyone is ready for game four at The Grindhouse in Memphis tonight!

Three more great games last night, road teams win 2 of 3, and Houston gets off the schneid by beating the Blazers in OT at Portland. And, look out, must-wins today for OKC and the Pacers on the road, plus the Spurs at Dallas and Heat at Charlotte. Heart be still. As Jerry West said on Jay Mohr's radio show the other day, this is a great time for basketball fans. Not only great athletes playing at an extraordinarily high level, you have great story lines like this: http://tinyurl.com/mg3mtsa

I'm rooting for Toronto because their fans are insane!!! also, I cannot deal with another round of Broooooooklynnnnnn Brooooooooklynnnnn. Shoot me.

Between Drake's lint roller and Rihanna going bra-less for the world to see, celebs are wildin out in this series.

In case anyone was wondering, I think that was UK's James Young dressed as a hipster sailor next to Rihanna last night.

NBA Playoffs are absolutely incredible. I only have one gripe. NBA refs need to stop overreacting to scuffles that don't involve punches. Let the guys show emotion and go at it. They must have some data showing people don't like it because IMO, it must help ratings because that's all people talk about the next day. That being said, I'm sorry, T up Nene and leave it at that. I know he went all MMA on Butler but if no punches are thrown I don't think it warrants an ejection.

The first Golden State/LA game was a foul fest joke because the refs were afraid of a fight. I mean c'mon, I want to see emotion, not ejections and foul trouble.

NBA Playoffs are absolutely incredible. I only have one gripe. NBA refs need to stop overreacting to scuffles that don't involve punches. Let the guys show emotion and go at it. They must have some data showing people don't like it because IMO, it must help ratings because that's all people talk about the next day. That being said, I'm sorry, T up Nene and leave it at that. I know he went all MMA on Butler but if no punches are thrown I don't think it warrants an ejection.

The first Golden State/LA game was a foul fest joke because the refs were afraid of a fight. I mean c'mon, I want to see emotion, not ejections and foul trouble.

I'm amazed, as intense and physical and fast and up-in-your-face it gets, at the restraint that players show. But players know they can't go old school, or hockey, and square off...check out LeBron's quote in the last paragraph: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron-taking-beating-heat-not-175646138--nba.html

I'm rooting for Toronto because their fans are insane!!! also, I cannot deal with another round of Broooooooklynnnnnn Brooooooooklynnnnn. Shoot me.

Between Drake's lint roller and Rihanna going bra-less for the world to see, celebs are wildin out in this series.

In case anyone was wondering, I think that was UK's James Young dressed as a hipster sailor next to Rihanna last night.

Love the shots of the wild and crazy Raptors fans watching the game on the big screen outdoors in Toronto.

Watching Game 4 of bulls/Wizards last night, and seeing the teams hit shots and make plays consecutively late in the game...it's been months since I've seen play like that.

Yeah, anyone who has played in pickup games has seen/been in a shoving matches, bumps, etc.

I get they dont want another kermit washington/rudy T situation, or even a crazed Chief throwing windmill punches to the bean of Laimbeer, but it's a very physical game. These things happen.

Use your technical calls, chat with the players / coaches before the game and during the game. But keep the players on the floor that the fans want to see.

Another incredible day of basketball yesterday. A few of these series may go 7. Loved LeBron staring down MJ too.

Memphis let a great opportunity to go up 3-1 against OKC slip away. Great game to cap a day of great basketball. As spectacular as Russell Westbrook is, I think OKC's a better team with Reggie Jackson in the lineup. He was the difference last night. And that look-away, break-away throw-down by LeBron after stealing the ball from McRoberts was sweet. And today, four more great match-ups, including Donald Sterling's Clippers at Golden State. Giddy-up!

Anyone watching the Wiz??

Fun team to watch in this series. Seems like they are gaining confidence every game. Up 18 in the third right now.

Anyone watching the Wiz??

Fun team to watch in this series. Seems like they are gaining confidence every game. Up 18 in the third right now.
Wiz-Heat East final?

Fireball Jr. said:
Wiz-Heat East final?

I think the Heat would win in five, but it would be a really fun series. Could see Heat having to work really hard.

Maybe Wiz could push them to six if Nene went crazy for a few games.

My buddy is a Wiz fan, and after they won the first game I half jokingly said to him Wiz-Heat ECF. Don't think it's really a joke anymore. Even if Indy gets by Atlanta they look really ripe for the taking in the next round. Couldn't see them pushing Miami to 7 or anything, but that would be a great step for them. Wall and Beal is a hell of a back court to build on.

I assume they have been more vigilant with calling tech's and stuff ever since A) the Knicks/Heat stuff in the late 90's, and B) malice at the palace. Most of the time the stuff is usually harmless, but I guess they don't want it to escalate. Didn't think Nene should have been suspended for sure