NBA Playoffs | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

NBA people would you trade the 3rd pick in this upcoming NBA draft for Jahili Okafor?

76ers need to trade one of their 3 centers Okafor, Noel, Embeed and Boston could use a rim protector and Philly could get Simmons 1st and somebody like Kris Dunn or Jamaal Murray 3rd.

I would flip Okafor if I could get the third pick. He's as much of a rim protector as I am. (i'm 6-1)

I definitely agree there is a trade coming for Philly; Saric is supposed to be coming over s well

Lebron next level flopping. Can't stand this clown.

These refs are an absolute joke tonight as well. Miracle that Toronto is winning with all these nonsensical calls.

Lowry with two really bad calls (even the strip was close).

Lebron's flops have been amazing. Already making Internet memes/videos. Doesn't take long. Guy is a clown. Respect the talent, but a clown.

Lebron next level flopping. Can't stand this clown.

These refs are an absolute joke tonight as well. Miracle that Toronto is winning with all these nonsensical calls.

Whining about officiating is never a good look.

I know Van Gundy'd like to get back into coaching, but, for purely selfish reasons, I want him to stay on TV. He's great. Witty, funny, bright, common man, no doubt loves and lives hoops.

He cracked me -- and Mark Jackson -- up when after Thompson's elbow connected with LeBron's jaw and Van Gundy was talking about the time one of his players, Marcus Camby, took a swing (at Danny Ferry -- who wouldn't wanna take a swing at him?) and connected with Van Gundy's head. Jeff had a great line -- says he got "double-Sterned" -- because he took five stitches and one of his best players got suspended for five games.

This one'll be at a Van Gundy film festival along with his greatest comedic performance when he was all over Alonzo's ankle.
thhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p43HkdcNwrA

Lowry with two really bad calls (even the strip was close).

Lebron's flops have been amazing. Already making Internet memes/videos. Doesn't take long. Guy is a clown. Respect the talent, but a clown.
Ha, I just looked it up. That's hilarious.

Whining about officiating is never a good look.

I know Van Gundy'd like to get back into coaching, but, for purely selfish reasons, I want him to stay on TV. He's great. Witty, funny, bright, common man, no doubt loves and lives hoops.

He cracked me -- and Mark Jackson -- up when after Thompson's elbow connected with LeBron's jaw and Van Gundy was talking about the time one of his players, Marcus Camby, took a swing (at Danny Ferry -- who wouldn't wanna take a swing at him?) and connected with Van Gundy's head. Jeff had a great line -- says he got "double-Sterned" -- because he took five stitches and one of his best players got suspended for five games.

This one'll be at a Van Gundy film festival along with his greatest comedic performance when he was all over Alonzo's ankle.
thhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p43HkdcNwrA
Foul on clean block by Biyombo. Love just traveled, ended up with a 3 ball from Smith.

If Toronto loses this game I will purely blame the refs and I don't think it's far fetched at all to do so.

I want the people of Northeast Ohio to get a championship but I have never rooted against greatness like I have for Lebron James.
My team was arch-rivals with Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter and I liked them more than I do Lebron. I wish Lebron had to play a series against the late 1980's Detroit Pistons with 1980s rules in effect.

I want the people of Northeast Ohio to get a championship but I have never rooted against greatness like I have for Lebron James.
My team was arch-rivals with Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter and I liked them more than I do Lebron. I wish Lebron had to play a series against the late 1980's Detroit Pistons with 1980s rules in effect.
If you've ever watched him live at an arena, it's even worse in person. He is non-stop with the whining.

I've also never seen a superstar flop like he does. It's not once or twice, it's every other game and some of his flops are so lol-worthy that you just stop respecting him.

The talent is obviously elite but he is so hard to not side eye given his antics and theatrics.

I mean, in Game 3 you had:

-Bismack wrapped him up, Lebron falls like a sack of bricks. Flagrant called.
-Lowry puts his index finger on his back and Lebron flies 10 feet, through the tv and into my living room.
-His own player taps him on the chin and Lebron stumbles and falls like he was shot by a sniper atop the ACC.

Bismack Biyombo going for that Rodman line last night until late fourth q

If you've ever watched him live at an arena, it's even worse in person. He is non-stop with the whining.

I've also never seen a superstar flop like he does. It's not once or twice, it's every other game and some of his flops are so lol-worthy that you just stop respecting him.

The talent is obviously elite but he is so hard to not side eye given his antics and theatrics.

I mean, in Game 3 you had:

-Bismack wrapped him up, Lebron falls like a sack of bricks. Flagrant called.
-Lowry puts his index finger on his back and Lebron flies 10 feet, through the tv and into my living room.
-His own player taps him on the chin and Lebron stumbles and falls like he was shot by a sniper atop the ACC.

Yeah, that stuff was so ridiculous it was baffling. I actually like Lebron overall. I find most of his fanboys incredibly annoying though. Like, the ones that follow him from team to team and act like he's the only player in the league and trash whoever else is giving him a run(Kobe, KD, Curry, etc.)

As for game 3, I wonder if Kyrie and Love went out and had a good time Friday Night? Wow, they were bad.

Yeah, that stuff was so ridiculous it was baffling. I actually like Lebron overall. I find most of his fanboys incredibly annoying though. Like, the ones that follow him from team to team and act like he's the only player in the league and trash whoever else is giving him a run(Kobe, KD, Curry, etc.)

As for game 3, I wonder if Kyrie and Love went out and had a good time Friday Night? Wow, they were bad.
Yea, they looked completely out of it. JR Smith had a hot game otherwise they would have lost by 30.

I wonder if Toronto figured something out putting Biyombo on Lebron to throw another defender from time to time besides Carroll. You know Lebron is going to try to get physical with Bismack in Game 4. Could get interesting if JV can give them any minutes.

I don't think Kyrie and Little Kev's games made it through customs. Combined 4-for-28. Yikes.

I'm glad Toronto won a game. They have good fans. But I think Cleveland takes the next two. Maybe a close one tonight and blow them out in game 5.

I'm glad Toronto won a game. They have good fans. But I think Cleveland takes the next two. Maybe a close one tonight and blow them out in game 5.

Totally agree. Even this Cavs fan was fine with Toronto winning one, almost glad they did, adds a little more excitement to what had been a ho-hum series (although I had no problem with the Cavs dominating the first two games, either). I like Lowry and the Raptors in general, they're almost "local," right across the lake from here (Rochester), I'd be on their bandwagon any other time. Glad for them and their fans (except for that annoying Drake). Too bad Rob Ford didn't live to see this.

I expect the borderline superstar Irving I've come to know and like to reappear tonight. Lue said he should've taken the ball outta Kyrie's hands and given it to LeBron the other night, I don't expect the "bad" Kyrie to be back this series. And I'm expecting Thompson to try to atone for being embarrassed in his hometown by Biyombo.

How nice a late-season pickup was Channing Frye, btw?

Cavs win tonight, roll at home Wednesday and all the focus turns to the West. I was hoping the Cavs would be the team to take down the Warriors, OKC may beat 'em to it. Love seeing Dion playing like I thought he might when LeBron went back home. But it seems to be working out for all parties, that is good.

Totally agree. Even this Cavs fan was fine with Toronto winning one, almost glad they did, adds a little more excitement to what had been a ho-hum series (although I had no problem with the Cavs dominating the first two games, either). I like Lowry and the Raptors in general, they're almost "local," right across the lake from here (Rochester), I'd be on their bandwagon any other time. Glad for them and their fans (except for that annoying Drake). Too bad Rob Ford didn't live to see this.

I expect the borderline superstar Irving I've come to know and like to reappear tonight. Lue said he should've taken the ball outta Kyrie's hands and given it to LeBron the other night, I don't expect the "bad" Kyrie to be back this series. And I'm expecting Thompson to try to atone for being embarrassed in his hometown by Biyombo.

How nice a late-season pickup was Channing Frye, btw?

Cavs win tonight, roll at home Wednesday and all the focus turns to the West. I was hoping the Cavs would be the team to take down the Warriors, OKC may beat 'em to it. Love seeing Dion playing like I thought he might when LeBron went back home. But it seems to be working out for all parties, that is good.

Kyrie might be the player I go back and forth on the most out of any good player.

Some games I watch and I absolutely think he's in the "text all your friends, this guy is in offensive fire mode", along with Steph and Dame. The handle, the shooting, etc. His 57 point game against the Spurs was one of the most insane things I've ever seen.

Some games I watch and think to myself, why is he so ball dominant when LBJ is on the team!?!?!

But the thing is, they absolutely need him for either OKC or GSW.

No matter, I can't imagine Kyrie and KLove having as bad of games again this series. I think it's over.

Re Channing Frye - it's amazing what a good-chemistry team can do to revitalize a player. He's been fantastic and a lot of fun to watch.

Kyrie might be the player I go back and forth on the most out of any good player.

Some games I watch and I absolutely think he's in the "text all your friends, this guy is in offensive fire mode", along with Steph and Dame. The handle, the shooting, etc. His 57 point game against the Spurs was one of the most insane things I've ever seen.

Some games I watch and think to myself, why is he so ball dominant when LBJ is on the team!?!?!

But the thing is, they absolutely need him for either OKC or GSW.

No matter, I can't imagine Kyrie and KLove having as bad of games again this series. I think it's over.

Re Channing Frye - it's amazing what a good-chemistry team can do to revitalize a player. He's been fantastic and a lot of fun to watch.

I feel like Kyrie is a player who if you just sit down and watch a game you probably think he's one of the best guys in the league. Like you said, when he's going well, he pretty much looks amazing. The handle is right up there with Steph and Chris Paul, he can absolutely go nuts from 3, he can be a fantastic acrobatic finisher.

But then you get some of the other stuff you mentioned; how ball dominant he can be, the stretch he had last year I believe it was where he had a crazy streak without an assist or something like that, the poor defense, etc.

Frye is on a perfect roster for him. Stand in the corner and shoot 3's. The Lebron/Kyrie/JR/Love/Frye 5 man unit has played 17 minutes together this playoffs; they are a +38. The interesting thing is, unless I'm doing this wrong, that 5 man unit didn't play together at all in the regular season.

Draymond Green is likely to get a 1 game suspension for this . No Green for Game 4 could give that series to OKC. Curry doesn't look healthy and that OKC big lineup is giving GS a hard time on the glass.

CjKM3sMXIAAl_Zw.jpg

I'd like to see Toronto win tonight because I'd really like to see the Cavs get challenged within their own conference.

Plus, it looks like the Cavs picked up Dahntay Jones to intentionally be a goon, so yeah, they can sweat a little.

If the Thunder make it past the Warriors and win the title, is that the hardest fought championship in the history of the NBA?

I'd like to see Toronto win tonight because I'd really like to see the Cavs get challenged within their own conference.

Plus, it looks like the Cavs picked up Dahntay Jones to intentionally be a goon, so yeah, they can sweat a little.

If the Thunder make it past the Warriors and win the title, is that the hardest fought championship in the history of the NBA?
1995 Rockets (47-35) took out 4 impressive opponents on their way to the title, defeating the 3rd-seeded Jazz (60-22), 2nd-seeded Suns (59-23), top-seeded Spurs (62-20) and Eastern Conference champion Magic (57-25) in the NBA Finals.

Beat the 3 seed, 2 seed, 1 seed in both conferences. That is the hardest fought championship in NBA history.
They swept out the Magic in the Finals.

This Thunder run would impressive but not as impressive as those Rockets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom