NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

They need a PG so, so, so desperately. I am going to be forced to be all in on Cole Anthony.

They need a PG so, so, so desperately. I am going to be forced to be all in on Cole Anthony.

Even outside of Cole, this is a really talented class of PGs coming up, as well as potentially someone like Fred Van Vleet. There's currently 5 PGs in the top 9 of Givony's mock draft.

Clippers held the Raptors to 10 points in the 4th quarter. George set to debut tomorrow against the Rockets or Thursday against the Pelicans.

Even outside of Cole, this is a really talented class of PGs coming up, as well as potentially someone like Fred Van Vleet. There's currently 5 PGs in the top 9 of Givony's mock draft.

It's not fair at all, but I want no part of Ball. Anthony is a lock to have a great year in the UNC system, i'm sure i'm gonna get my hopes up for him only for it all to crumble

Fwiw (nothing) I didnt know RJ Hampton was a PG until like 3 weeks ago. Thought he was like a 4 for some reason.

It's not fair at all, but I want no part of Ball. Anthony is a lock to have a great year in the UNC system, i'm sure i'm gonna get my hopes up for him only for it all to crumble

Fwiw (nothing) I didnt know RJ Hampton was a PG until like 3 weeks ago. Thought he was like a 4 for some reason.

I'll give either a chance and would be happy with either. One of two things will happen: 1) They are solid to good and we get marginally better but not great because James Dolan still owns the team or 2) they are overrated and we continue to naturally tank because they aren't good and James Dolan still owns the team.

I cannot wait for them to go all in on Giannis. Ignore every other FA in 2021. Miss on Giannis. And end up with like Spencer Dinwiddie and Kelly Oubre Jr.

I'll give either a chance and would be happy with either. One of two things will happen: 1) They are solid to good and we get marginally better but not great because James Dolan still owns the team or 2) they are overrated and we continue to naturally tank because they aren't good and James Dolan still owns the team.

I cannot wait for them to go all in on Giannis. Ignore every other FA in 2021. Miss on Giannis. And end up with like Spencer Dinwiddie and Kelly Oubre Jr.
Knicks need Bezos to make a stupid offer to Dolan. Say 6 billion dollars.
It doesn’t touch Bezos and he gets the Knicks.
Dolan I think would sell for an offer that was too good.

Yeah, would have to be an outrageous offer. I have to imagine, however, that the NBA is not very fond of having their main NYC-based team be a laughingstock. At some point, I would guess Dolan would get added pressure from other owners and the league to either make changes or sell.

Dolan's never selling and it's not just the Knicks it's the rangers msg the network and Rockefeller center. We are stuck with him.

Yeah, would have to be an outrageous offer. I have to imagine, however, that the NBA is not very fond of having their main NYC-based team be a laughingstock. At some point, I would guess Dolan would get added pressure from other owners and the league to either make changes or sell.

But the thing with that is, if you're an owner of any of the other 29 teams, you love having Dolan in charge! One less team to worry about competing with. Especially since theoretically the Knicks should be a destination team.

I do agree it is probably better for the league as a whole for the Knicks to be good, and considering where Adam Silver grew up, assume he grew up as a Knicks fan, but on an individual owner basis, I have to assume Dolan being the disaster that he is is a plus.

As per Knicks411 post, I am sure the Raptors ownership is very happy with Dolan.

Personally I would like to thank James Dolan for taking Andrea Bargnani from the Raptors.

More importantly, I would like to thank Dolan being so scared of getting screwed by Masai Ujiri again that he turned down the Shumpert or Hardaway for Kyle Lowry deal in 2014.

As per Knicks411 post, I am sure the Raptors ownership is very happy with Dolan.

Personally I would like to thank James Dolan for taking Andrea Bargnani from the Raptors.

More importantly, I would like to thank Dolan being so scared of getting screwed by Masai Ujiri again that he turned down the Shumpert or Hardaway for Kyle Lowry deal in 2014.

I always heard it was a first rounder.

He’s not Luke, but Trae Young is pretty pretty good.

I think his defense is still bad, but his scoring this year has been off the charts. I like when the guys I like prior to the draft do well. Feels good being right like 10% of the time.

I think his defense is still bad, but his scoring this year has been off the charts. I like when the guys I like prior to the draft do well. Feels good being right like 10% of the time.
Is Trae Young the new Steph Curry?
Curry can’t really play defense either.

Is Trae Young the new Steph Curry?
Curry can’t really play defense either.

I think that's the obvious (and probably too easy?) comp. There's def something to it.

But I think Steph is at least ok ish on defense. He did league the league in steals one year (I grant you thats just one stat) and from 2015-17 the Warriors were first, fourth, and second in the league in defense. Steph played a lot of minutes for those teams (duh) and he wasn't keeping them from being top of the league. He's probably like a C+/B- defender at best? Trae is prob like a D so far?

Though really, you could argue Trae is further along offensively at this point in his career than Steph.

There were three pieces being discussed from what I remember Shumpert, Hardaway and that first. Now the trade was not for all 3 items... it was either 1 or at best 2 of them.

Nice win for Houston at home against the Clippers, Harden with his fifth 40-plus game in the first 10 games of the season.

But this — Austin Rivers calling for the refs to T-up his old man — is the game highlight. Solid gold. Ha!

How about Pascal Siakam? The Raptors lose a Top 3 player in the league and are still very good.

His jump from averaging 4.2 to 27.2 ppg in three years is insane.

1573744505171.png

My son's favorite player is De'aaron Fox , or however that's spelled, so got good Tix for him and the wife to see the Kings play the Celts the week of Thanksgiving. Him and Heyward being hurt really makes the $ spent tough to swallow.

The upside is I scored better free tickets for he and I for Kyrie's return that same week.

King Kemba marches on
Let’s see how they do on the West Coast.
3-2 they are good.
2-3 they aren’t as good as the start has shown.
Anything else will say a lot.
The schedule is
@ Warriors
@ Kings
@ Suns
@ Clippers
@ Nuggets

My son's favorite player is De'aaron Fox , or however that's spelled, so got good Tix for him and the wife to see the Kings play the Celts the week of Thanksgiving. Him and Heyward being hurt really makes the $ spent tough to swallow.

The upside is I scored better free tickets for he and I for Kyrie's return that same week.
That stinks, man.

Fox being injured is screwing up my fantasy team too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom