NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
Training Camp starts this weekend.

Kuzma already out indefinitely for what will be the Associations biggest soap opera.

SMH. I have no data to back this up and could be dead wrong, but it seems like there’s WAY more stress fracture type injuries and broken leg bones(think Paul George, Julius Randle, etc) than their used to be.

Training Camp starts this weekend.

Kuzma already out indefinitely for what will be the Associations biggest soap opera.
I never want to see guys get hurt.

On the other hand, I'm openly rooting for the Lakers to continue to be a dumpster fire.

Could KD's legs look any skinnier? Achilles injury and not training, but geeze...

I never want to see guys get hurt.

On the other hand, I'm openly rooting for the Lakers to continue to be a dumpster fire.

I recall them handing the Lakers the title when they got Dwight Howard .. I sense a similar situation developing

This Daryl Morey story and the backlash he is taking is proving southpark correct.

This Daryl Morey story and the backlash he is taking is proving southpark correct.
I'm not familiar with the Southpark side of things you mentioned.

Durant interview on Hot97 saying essentially that players don't consider the Knicks to be anything glamorous and that he didn't even really consider them.

Durant interview on Hot97 saying essentially that players don't consider the Knicks to be anything glamorous and that he didn't even really consider them.
Time for Durant to dry up and come back when he can actually play. Time to focus on the guys who are actually going to impact he league this season.

This is the most open nba season in 15 years. Is that a false statement?

I think maybe? But also it's a little hard, because say, looking back at 2015, the first year the Warriors won, its like, of course they won, but before the season, no one had them as winners. (they were +2800, 8th highest per BBref They were probably one of the more unlikely winners, looking at it that way, in years. Which is madness, because, Warriors.). But you had the Cavs at +275 and the Spurs at +350.

This year, per Bovada, I'm seeing
1) Lakers +300
2) Clippers +350
3) Bucks +600

This is a very simply way of looking at it, but the last time the favorite was worse than +300 was in 2009, Lakers/Boston were both +350. You could easily argue there is very little difference between two teams at +350 and one at +300 and the other at +350, and behind that, there was only one team better than +1000 (Spurs) where there are 3 this year (Bucks, Sixers Rockets)

2008 though, you had
1) Dallas +450
2) Spurs +450
3) Suns +500
4) Cavs +600

Which I would say is essentially the same as this year. And man does is still kind of weird me out that 2008 was 11 years ago. (And I looked at the odds for 07 ,that was even more open than 08.) So definitely very close to 15 years) The middle of the decade it seems like things were more wide open, basically from after the Lakers dynasty blew up to until Boston won their title (they were +1000 in 08), you had about 5 years where there were about 4-5 legit contenders. The first year post Jordan (99) there were 7 teams at +500 or lower!

So Marcus Morris slammed the ball in Justin Anderson’s face...because he was guarding him tight?

What a fragile jerk.

He's def getting some loves on Knicks twitter for all the talk of the Knicks being "dogs" this year and I guess people remember the 90s teams and love it, but, really. He went after a marginal player on maybe the worst team in the league in the first preseason game. Good for you?

He has some Kanter vibes, in that it seems like he talks a good game and the fans will start out behind him, but it'll change when they start to lose. Though he's definitely better than Kanter.

He's def getting some loves on Knicks twitter for all the talk of the Knicks being "dogs" this year and I guess people remember the 90s teams and love it, but, really. He went after a marginal player on maybe the worst team in the league in the first preseason game. Good for you?

He has some Kanter vibes, in that it seems like he talks a good game and the fans will start out behind him, but it'll change when they start to lose. Though he's definitely better than Kanter.

Lol, so dumb.

The league has changed so much. You can’t win playing like the 90s Knicks.

But regardless of style of play, they had a top 10 player on their team. Morris seems dumb.

hE’s NoT gOnNa Be AbLe To Do ThAt AgAiNsT dA gRoWn MeN oF dA nBa.

Pels are going to be a fun team to watch even if they may not make the playoffs. Also, besides Zion obviously, I'm excited to see Lonzo Ball running point on this team.

Pels are going to be a fun team to watch even if they may not make the playoffs. Also, besides Zion obviously, I'm excited to see Lonzo Ball running point on this team.

Yup. Fun to watch with lots of potential for the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom