NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Pels are going to be a fun team to watch even if they may not make the playoffs. Also, besides Zion obviously, I'm excited to see Lonzo Ball running point on this team.

Not sure he'll be running the point. Think Jrue will be the main ballhandler but should be fun regardless.

Saw a thing that some NBA teams are working on adjustments to their cap expectation due to China fall out.

If preseason is any indication of anything Steph Curry is going to put up Hardenesque type numbers this year.

Hope so. I had the second pick in my fantasy draft and took him, based largely on that. The past few years I wouldn’t have considered him until probably pick 5 or so.

Interested to see how Russell blends in there, especially once Klay comes back.

U guys been watching what Zion has done the past 2 games? People thought he wouldnt be able to do/play the way he did in college against NBA dudes yet he is literally dominating the same exact way. He went right at the DPOY tonight like it was nothing. Kids a beast and is going to be a lot of fun to watch. Crazy Duke didnt win the whole thing last year with him on their team...might be the biggest failure ever for Coach K.

U guys been watching what Zion has done the past 2 games? People thought he wouldnt be able to do/play the way he did in college against NBA dudes yet he is literally dominating the same exact way. He went right at the DPOY tonight like it was nothing. Kids a beast and is going to be a lot of fun to watch. Crazy Duke didnt win the whole thing last year with him on their team...might be the biggest failure ever for Coach K.

I was going to come in to post the same thing. I know it's preseason, but my god, the guy is 21-25 from the field the last 2 games. Over a point a minute.

You definitely want to see Zion play well vs not, but in the preseason teams are working more on their own stuff instead of scheming against the competition.

You definitely want to see Zion play well vs not, but in the preseason teams are working more on their own stuff instead of scheming against the competition.

Obviously, I'm more just having some fun with it, but at the same time, no one else is scoring a point per minute and shooting 75%, you know? (he says, not knowing if anyone else is actually doing that)

More serious Zion question; could he make the AS team this year?

I think if it was the old system, and the starters were voted on by the fans, I think he might have a decent shot? But you have some stars in big markets, so I dunno. Then again, I looked at the west frontcourt voting last year, Lebron was first, then Luka was second (!), with Durant/PG/Davis rounding out the top 5. This year, you have Lebron and Davis in LA, and Leonard and PG in LA. So might be tough for Zion to finish in the top 3 just int he fan vote.

Could he make it as a coaches selection? Again, possible, but I don't know. You have the 4 I already mentioned, then you got guys like Luka, Jokic, Gobert, Towns.

Kids a beast. Let's see how his body handles the grind. I see a Larry Johnson career.

More serious Zion question; could he make the AS team this year?

I think if it was the old system, and the starters were voted on by the fans, I think he might have a decent shot? But you have some stars in big markets, so I dunno. Then again, I looked at the west frontcourt voting last year, Lebron was first, then Luka was second (!), with Durant/PG/Davis rounding out the top 5. This year, you have Lebron and Davis in LA, and Leonard and PG in LA. So might be tough for Zion to finish in the top 3 just int he fan vote.

Could he make it as a coaches selection? Again, possible, but I don't know. You have the 4 I already mentioned, then you got guys like Luka, Jokic, Gobert, Towns.
Making the all-star team in the West is a huge achievement. Just a whole lot of talent you have to play better than, be more popular than, and in see cases, overcome franchise/geographic bias.

Making the all-star team in the West is a huge achievement. Just a whole lot of talent you have to play better than, be more popular than, and in see cases, overcome franchise/geographic bias.

I'm looking at the AS results for frontcourt guys from last year, and I know there's been some player movement, but the top 3 returning vote getters in the east are Giannis (stud), Embiid (great), and...Jayson Tatum. Tatum was tied with Pascal Siakam and Nikola Vucevic.

One of Lebron, Davis, Leonard, or Paul George is guaranteed to not be a starter in the west. And really, Jokic is just as good as Embiid. Probably.

I'm looking at the AS results for frontcourt guys from last year, and I know there's been some player movement, but the top 3 returning vote getters in the east are Giannis (stud), Embiid (great), and...Jayson Tatum. Tatum was tied with Pascal Siakam and Nikola Vucevic.

One of Lebron, Davis, Leonard, or Paul George is guaranteed to not be a starter in the west. And really, Jokic is just as good as Embiid. Probably.
I'm already looking forward to being pissed about another Gobert snub because KAT's just gotta make the team putting up empty stats for a trash ass Wolves team.

Kids a beast. Let's see how his body handles the grind. I see a Larry Johnson career.

Injuries are entirely unpredictable.

If Larry Johnson didn’t get hurt, he probably has a Charles Barkley type career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom