NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Hoping for a good night

Placed - 3 Team Parlay To Win $ 115.07

• Boston Celtics (-105)(523) Boston Celtics @ (524) San Antonio Spurs
  • Charlotte Hornets (+105)(525) New Orleans Pelicans @ (526) Charlotte Hornets
  • Golden State Warriors (+500)(527) Golden State Warriors @ (528) Oklahoma City Thunder

Phoenix and Sacramento both passing on Luka will always amaze me. One of the easiest draft decisions of all time and they (and Atlanta for that matter) blew it.

But he's not an elite athlete!!!!

No Lowry, No Ibaka... down double digits in the first quarter. Raptors go into Staples and beat the Lakers by 9. Deep bench players like Terrence Davis, Chris Boucher, and Holos-Jefferson were huge.

Last edited:
1573449352108.png

I don't get why so many people expected the Raptors to be bad unless they thought Ujiri was going to blow the team up and focus on picking up assets for the future. There was never a logical case to argue that they weren't one of the most talented teams in the East.

Phoenix and Sacramento both passing on Luka will always amaze me. One of the easiest draft decisions of all time and they (and Atlanta for that matter) blew it.

Wonder what Sacramento would look like with Luka, Fox and Hield all playing together. Would be really odd fit but even so, whichever one you ended up having to move would have significantly more value than Bagley I'd imagine. Or maybe it would work because of Hield's shooting ability and Luka's size.

Heyward broke his nonshooting hand.
So 4-6 weeks kills his chances at ASG but he will be back around Christmas time.

Wonder what Sacramento would look like with Luka, Fox and Hield all playing together. Would be really odd fit but even so, whichever one you ended up having to move would have significantly more value than Bagley I'd imagine. Or maybe it would work because of Hield's shooting ability and Luka's size.
I think it would still work. The pick in my opinion had ramifications that go beyond missing out on having Luka in the lineup. It's my understanding that much of the friction between Dave Joerger and the front office was caused by Joerger easing Bagley into the lineup rather than starting him at the beginning of last season. FO saw Luka dominating and didn't want to look foolish with the Bagley pick. Sac ends up with Walton as coach due to playing time disagreements, not on court results (wins). I have a big problem with Bagley - he's a black hole on offense, totally slows everything down and also sulks when he doesn't get the ball. People still seem pretty high on him (guy who sits next to me at the games foolishly still says the right pick was made, drafting need over best overall) but on top of his poor fit and bad attitude, he also is injury prone.

I think it would still work. The pick in my opinion had ramifications that go beyond missing out on having Luka in the lineup. It's my understanding that much of the friction between Dave Joerger and the front office was caused by Joerger easing Bagley into the lineup rather than starting him at the beginning of last season. FO saw Luka dominating and didn't want to look foolish with the Bagley pick. Sac ends up with Walton as coach due to playing time disagreements, not on court results (wins). I have a big problem with Bagley - he's a black hole on offense, totally slows everything down and also sulks when he doesn't get the ball. People still seem pretty high on him (guy who sits next to me at the games foolishly still says the right pick was made, drafting need over best overall) but on top of his poor fit and bad attitude, he also is injury prone.

Guy next to you is definitely a goober. When you have almost 20 years of being irrelevant, fit or talent shouldn't be a difficult decision to make.

I don’t get it just fire Fizdale now. His rotations suck.

Knicks are apparently now after Masai Ujiri (and then Giannis after signing Ujiri). Good luck with that,

Knicks are apparently now after Masai Ujiri (and then Giannis after signing Ujiri). Good luck with that,

Lol. I would be a better coach and gm than what they have now. Kevin Knox and when he’s healthy Mitchell Robinson should be playing a minimum of 30 mpg. The Morris signing was a waste. Ship him off to a contender and see what you can get once he’s tradeable and park Bobby Portis on the bench where he belongs.

Last edited:
Lol. I would be a better coach and gym than what they have now. Kevin Knox and when he’s healthy Mitchell Robinson should be playing a minimum of 30 mpg. The Morris signing was a waste. Ship him off to a contender and see what you can get once he’s tradeable and park Bobby Portis on the bench where he belongs.

I really hate Morris. It's not totally fair, but they seem to be trying to make him the face of the team or something. If hes your #1 guy, well, you probably suck!

I really hate Morris. It's not totally fair, but they seem to be trying to make him the face of the team or something. If hes your #1 guy, well, you probably suck!

I’m not even sure why they signed him. Made zero sense when they did. What a waste of money and minutes that should be going to young guys.

The crazy thing is, for some reason him and Randle think they are combo guards and we let them initiate/run the offense. The two of them dribble around outside the three point line for 8 seconds like they think they are gonna make something happen. It's fairly pathetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom