NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

This wasn’t a load management game. George left the previous game with the hamstring injury and Beverley has now missed three games with the sprained wrist. Harrell himself recently missed a game (a loss) due to injury.

These aren’t the Lakers. You’re not going to have much luck manufacturing drama. Harrell was frustrated after the loss. The team is 25-12 and has barely scratched the surface of its potential. They’re going to be fine.

What‘s the drama with the Lakers?

Kawhi played. George is out with a sore hamstring.
Shocker .. George injured.. no amount of load management will keep him healthy

That deandre ayton first overall pick not aging well

Watching him play the other day and he looks so stiff. He was lumbering down the court like a 37 year old Shawn Bradley, not like a 21 year old athletic big.

The Lakers’ defense, particularly around the rim, was turrible last season. This year, they have one of the top defenses in the league and lead the NBA in blocks (7.4 a game).

Last night, the Lakers blocked 20 shots — Davis had 8, Howard 6 and McGee 5. Avery Bradley had the other one.

When Cousins got injured, the Lakers needed a big man, the final 2 candidates were Noah & Howard. I dare say, at least so far, the Lakers made a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good decision.

The Lakers’ defense, particularly around the rim, was turrible last season. This year, they have one of the top defenses in the league and lead the NBA in blocks (7.4 a game).

Last night, the Lakers blocked 20 shots — Davis had 8, Howard 6 and McGee 5. Avery Bradley had the other one.

When Cousins got injured, the Lakers needed a big man, the final 2 candidates were Noah & Howard. I dare say, at least so far, the Lakers made a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good decision.
I'm glad it has worked out.

And I do enjoy the ticking time bomb element of having Dwight on that roster.

Can he last the season without acting like a weirdo? It's part of the fun.

That deandre ayton first overall pick not aging well

I just can't believe (I totally can) they didn't pick Doncic.

The Kings kinda fly under the radar here too, taking Bagley instead of Doncic.

The thing that's really surprising to me is they actually rank better in defense than offense. Though I suppose that's at least in part because they're playing so many minutes with Davis and a big.

The thing that's really surprising to me is they actually rank better in defense than offense. Though I suppose that's at least in part because they're playing so many minutes with Davis and a big.
The defensive ranking will probably drop once they start playing more of the top teams.

Haven't done this in a while, but Cam Reddish has now played 33 games and is shooting 32% overall and 26% from 3 in 26 MPG. Nice pick Hawks.

Last edited:
The Lakers have the 7th hardest SOS to date
Depends on where you look. Bottom line, they have a lot of remaining games against the top teams. They have yet to play the Rockets or Celtics.

Haven't done this in a while, but Cam Reddish has now played 33 games and is shooting 32% overall and 26% from the field in 26 MPG. Nice pick Hawks.

I don’t get it .. he’s shooting 32% overall and 26% from the field ? Aren’t they the same thing ?

I just can't believe (I totally can) they didn't pick Doncic.

The Kings kinda fly under the radar here too, taking Bagley instead of Doncic.

Kings you can almost somewhat defend a little bit because their 2 best players were Fox and Hield. The Suns had Booker and a bag of crap.

Will be interesting to see if Kuzma lasts the season in LA. He’s the Lakers’ only significant trade asset, if I were still a betting man, I’d wager he’ll be gone by trade deadline in a month.

Will be interesting to see if Kuzma lasts the season in LA. He’s the Lakers’ only significant trade asset, if I were still a betting man, I’d wager he’ll be gone by trade deadline in a month.

I'd love for Kuzma to land on the Jazz somehow. Would fit great.

Would be bizarre to me if the Kings had to attach anything to him to get Kuzma even as a FA.

Would be bizarre to me if the Kings had to attach anything to him to get Kuzma even as a FA.

Kuzma definitely still has some allure around the league. Even though he's been pretty meh this year.

Kuzma definitely still has some allure around the league. Even though he's been pretty meh this year.
Sometimes NBA personnel know what they are talking about when they draft for upside.
I didn’t think Jaylen Brown could improve his offense as much as he has to go with first team all-defense.
Kyle Kuzma was drafted late in the first round for a reason.

Lakers need a Shane Battier type player for if they play the Clippers.
If I am the Lakers I offer Kuzma and a pick to Minnesota for Robert Covington.
He is the 3 and D type player that roster needs. Minnesota would get Kuzma for its core.

That would move KCP to the second unit and he would be better there.

Sometimes NBA personnel know what they are talking about when they draft for upside.
I didn’t think Jaylen Brown could improve his offense as much as he has to go with first team all-defense.
Kyle Kuzma was drafted late in the first round for a reason.

Lakers need a Shane Battier type player for if they play the Clippers.
If I am the Lakers I offer Kuzma and a pick to Minnesota for Robert Covington.
He is the 3 and D type player that roster needs. Minnesota would get Kuzma for its core.

That would move KCP to the second unit and he would be better there.

Issue is they can't deal a 1st rounder and have no 2nds until 2023 I believe. They are kind of stuck. The best chance they really have at an impact addition is Darren Collison. Makes way more sense for him to go to the Lakers instead of the Clips where they already have Beverly and Lou.

Midway through 2nd quarter:

Oshae Brissett 7 minutes, 7 points, 4 rebounds
Carmelo Anthony 11 minutes, 5 points, 4 rebounds

Toronto up 10 against Portland

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online