NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Mike Breen has been calling games for 30 Years and he didn’t know the ball goes to the team that didn’t touch the ball last before going out of bounds?
He seriously said it was who caused the ball to go out of bounds? My god damn that was unbelievable. He made Steve Javie look competent.

Ahmad Rashad wasn’t as big a homer for Michael Jordan than Breen was trying to be for LeBron James.

I get the idea behind Breen's argument, but you just can't rule it that way with instant replay.

The argument is basically, if that play happens in any scenario where replay isn't allowed, it's Lakers ball because Beverley knocked it out of LeBron's hands and out of bounds.

But basically any scenario where the ball is knocked out of someone's hands, it is technically touching that someone's hands last just due to physics. So basically, if the refs want to get the call right every time, they should give the ball to whoever knocks the ball out, but they don't because of common sense. Instant replay basically erases common sense from the equation and makes it so the defender gets the ball when they knock it out of bounds.

I think it just has to be this way; it would be kinda ludicrous to purposefully replace objective rulings with subjective rulings instead, but it is really weird that we basically rule those plays the opposite way for 46 minutes of the game.

Really I mean KAT would be fired up to face Embiid and Simmons after what happened earlier this year.
I always feel like calm people when they get mad are can become volcanoes which is why they are calm a lot.
Jimmy Butler punked KAT as well while teammates. I think KAT is a guy I target.
The Celtics are one big short to compete with the Lopez twins/Milwaukee, Embiid/76ers, Davis/Lakers.

Celtics have enough good players to be solid but need to trade one of Hayward/Smart/Brown for a big.
Kemba + Tatum + one of Hayward/Brown and Big can win the East.
Just really don’t believe KATs the guy. Embiid toys with him, I don’t think that’s much of a rivalry.

The more praise I hear about Jimmy from Miami’s front/back office the more it becomes clear how much of a mess Minnesota was.

I’d argue that KAT doesn’t have the killer instinct/desire to win that’s needed in a contender whether he’s the primary piece or not. It’s cliche, but between him/simmons/wiggins I get the same feeling from all of them.

Towns is a possible 50-40-85 guy (90 is gonna be tough) as a 7 footer. I'm just saying.

Towns is a possible 50-40-85 guy (90 is gonna be tough) as a 7 footer. I'm just saying.
Cool.

Why hasn't it translated to anything better than a single season where Jimmy Butler drags him into the playoffs?

The Doggfather was not a happy Laker fan Christmas Day.

That play the really pissed me off was when Beverly got an offensive rebound that should’ve been Green’s rebound. Green somehow got knocked to the floor and came up holding his face. SMH. How do you let a little 6 foot guy punk you for that rebound like that?

Cool.

Why hasn't it translated to anything better than a single season where Jimmy Butler drags him into the playoffs?

TWolves. That franchise is seemingly bred to lose.

TWolves. That franchise is seemingly bred to lose.
He's now in his 5th season there. Let's take it as a given that the Wolves are a bad organization.

In 5 years, how many losing habits has he picked up that he's going to have to unlearn? Keep in mind, as an individual player he's been rewarded and recognized despite playing on a losing team.

Cool.

Because he has Wiggins

to the larger question about KAT and Celtics, I think they would be better served getting a center that can defend worth a damn.

That play the really pissed me off was when Beverly got an offensive rebound that should’ve been Green’s rebound. Green somehow got knocked to the floor and came up holding his face. SMH. How do you let a little 6 foot guy punk you for that rebound like that?
The back-and-forth between JVG and Jackson over Beverley’s rebounding was gold, Jerry, gold.

I placed a future bet a few days back on JA Morant winning the NBA rookie of the Year at -250. Is anybody really that close?

Right now Nunn is probably the second best rookie, but his stats are still nowhere close to Morant's level... and he is slipping + an older rookie (which hurts his case)

The top current playing rookie is RJ Barrett, and he has to really step up to get to Morant's stat line.

Zion Williamson will miss about half the season with injuries, and I suspect the Pelicans will bring him back slowly. I know the media is obsessed with this guy, but say he plays 30 full games at a strong level, is that enough for Rookie of the Year?

Oshae just tipped one into his own basket, very nice

His play tonight in 15 minutes of actual real, non-garbage time, 4 points, 6 rebounds, good defence... very nice.

I would have never thought he would be playing non garbage time minutes in the NBA this year. But injuries and foul trouble, and matchups, made Nurse look his way And he looked fairly good.

How did this call not get overturned?

It probably shouldn’t have been called but he got ever so slightly bumped on the foot, so I guess it’s technically a foul upon review

What is up with the ticket resale market? stub hub, seat geek, and others of that ilk are out of their minds with their fees. used to be like 10 percent fees for purchasers..now im looking at tickets for nuggets at rockets for tonight...i mean a meaningless late december reg season game...and the fees are near 1/3 the price of the ticket!!!! 33 freaking percent!!!! What is this crap? whose paying this crap? if people didnt pay it, they wouldn't charge it...so people stop...just stop

taking my wife and two kids to the game, the cost of the fees alone will basically be 200 bucks for decent seats!!!!

What is up with the ticket resale market? stub hub, seat geek, and others of that ilk are out of their minds with their fees. used to be like 10 percent fees for purchasers..now im looking at tickets for nuggets at rockets for tonight...i mean a meaningless late december reg season game...and the fees are near 1/3 the price of the ticket!!!! 33 freaking percent!!!! What is this crap? whose paying this crap? if people didnt pay it, they wouldn't charge it...so people stop...just stop

taking my wife and two kids to the game, the cost of the fees alone will basically be 200 bucks for decent seats!!!!

It's real bad. They cranked up seller fees from 10 to 15% too. Said that it would be on select events and just so happens to be every single event among different sports that I've sold. I despise having to buy through either. TickPick has no fees added on but is always a bit higher and the difference ends up fairly negligible.

Honestly for many games I find the TM resale cheaper. I got a Celtics ticket Saturday night for about 20% less there than a similar seat would cost on Stubhub, Tick, or Vivid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom