NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Was the Tacko one unplanned?

If it was Gordon really got robbed.
It was unplanned because it was in the dunk off tiebreaker.

Dwayne Wade gave him a 9 so the contest wouldn’t go on.

Was the Tacko one unplanned?

If it was Gordon really got robbed.

Based on Tacko’s reaction, it seemed to be. Unless Tacko is a great actor? He seemed surprised and hesitant.

I was yelling things at the tv, “get outta there NOW Tacko, he’s gonna cook your neck permanently!” That means Gordon should’ve won. Jones’s last dunk was good, but every guy in the contest could’ve done that.

I don’t see why the finals aren’t just “vote for who had the better dunk.” No fence sitting. No “I gotta give them both 10s because everyone else will and I can’t be the one to mess it up”. 5 voters...everybody pick who had the better dunk, and be done with it.

Based on twitter, that was going to be what happened if Gordon and Jones each had the same score after the last round.

Gordon has been robbed twice now in dunk contests.

I can't believe how worked up I was about Gordon losing.

I'm not saying I was all that worked up, but I can't believe I was invested at all in one who won the dunk contest

I think the NBA is way better right now than it was in the 90s, but there's one thing I really miss about the 90s, and that's the way All-Star Weekend was.

I find all the "filler" during the Saturday night stuff to be exhausting. Like why is there a Queen Latifah concert? Just show me the events, one after another, and just stop drawing it out so long.

Also, back in the day, the All-Star game usually started around maybe 3 pm, which was a nice thing to watch on a Sunday afternoon. Now it won't end until like 11 pm.

I think the NBA is way better right now than it was in the 90s, but there's one thing I really miss about the 90s, and that's the way All-Star Weekend was.

I find all the "filler" during the Saturday night stuff to be exhausting. Like why is there a Queen Latifah concert? Just show me the events, one after another, and just stop drawing it out so long.

Also, back in the day, the All-Star game usually started around maybe 3 pm, which was a nice thing to watch on a Sunday afternoon. Now it won't end until like 11 pm.
Go watch any all-star game till 2004 they used to always be competitive and fun to watch.
The players tried just a little and had actual game play.
Since LeBron became an all-star the competition was a lot more friendly and just absolutely no defense at all played.
I was watching the 2003 All Star game and the players played hard and fun.

They don’t do that anymore. It’s just an AAU fest now. I don’t want players playing hard defense but just respect the damn competition.

Go watch any all-star game till 2004 they used to always be competitive and fun to watch.
Since LeBron became an all-star the competition was a lot more friendly and just absolutely no defense at all played.

They don’t do that anymore. It’s just an AAU fest now. I don’t want players playing hard defense but just respect the damn competition.

Yep — it would be so much better if it was a legitimate basketball game.

Agreed 100%. It could be my favorite artist of all time and I’d still think it was pointless and unnecessary and a waste of time.

The judges that weren’t basketball people is obnoxious too. Trying way too hard, NBA. Leave that BS for the Super Bowl.

The only all star games I remember: Magic’s comeback, the one where Iverson and Marbury went crazy and brought the East back, and the one where Kobe was guarding LeBron at the end and talking trash.

The only all star games I remember: Magic’s comeback, the one where Iverson and Marbury went crazy and brought the East back, and the one where Kobe was guarding LeBron at the end and talking trash.
2003 All Star game was awesome.
Watch it when you have a chance.
The West was loaded.
The East played hard because it was Jordan’s last ASG.
It went to double OT.
Jordan hit an amazing fade away to give the East the apparent win but Kobe shot a 3 and Jermaine O’Neal fouled him. Kobe hit 2 of 3 and it went to double OT where KG, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe took over.

At one point in the second quarter the West plays KG, Duncan, Yao Ming, Shaq all together on the court. It was amazing to watch.

2003 All Star game was awesome.
Watch it when you have a chance.
The West was loaded.
The East played hard because it was Jordan’s last ASG.
It went to double OT.
Jordan hit an amazing fade away to give the East the apparent win but Kobe shot a 3 and Jermaine O’Neal fouled him. Kobe hit 2 of 3 and it went to double OT where KG, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe took over.

At one point in the second quarter the West plays KG, Duncan, Yao Ming, Shaq all together on the court. It was amazing to watch.

Very vaguely remember that now that you mention it - I do remember watching it in my college dorm. Those MJ Wizards years were weird. Like “did they really happen?” weird. So random that he just came back like 4-5 years later and got 20 ppg for the Wizards. The hell??

Isn’t Kanye from Chicago? I get he doesn’t seem to want anything to do with all the festivities but kinda bizarre they shout out all these people yet he can’t get a name drop.

Isn’t Kanye from Chicago? I get he doesn’t seem to want anything to do with all the festivities but kinda bizarre they shout out all these people yet he can’t get a name drop.

I want Do or Die, Crucial Conflict, Twista, and Lupe Fiasco shoutouts.

Also, I haven’t seen a rapper consistently wear the same hat like Chance since Dr. Dre’s White Sox hat or LL Cool J’s kangol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom