NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 224 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Who knows if Darryl Morey trading the 28th pick and Maxey for Lowry would have put them over the top, but it certainly could have in this year where everything opened up. Good thing he went after George hill instead.

Kawhi to Mavs?

Just think, Day2: Luka and Kawhi together...
I miss the LOL emoji. I mean, why would he want to go to Dallas? He didn’t want to play second fiddle to LBJ, but he’ll do that for Doncic? And the Mavs roster is a mess.

Miami is more of a contender, but it was Butler who didn’t want to play second fiddle to Leonard with the Clippers.

I know you’re kidding around. Just saying this is all media fodder and probably nothing more.

Who knows if Darryl Morey trading the 28th pick and Maxey for Lowry would have put them over the top, but it certainly could have in this year where everything opened up. Good thing he went after George hill instead.
Uncle Dennis, Morey not trading for Lowry…My jncuse Bingo card is looking pretty good today.

Latest thoughts on everything:

If Bucks can hold off ATL and Giannis can come back, I think the Bucks will beat the Suns. They have the size to offset Ayton and make CP3 seem small. Without Giannis, I think Suns win. Would be fine with either team winning.

Just like I thought Giannis should have gone to Dallas, I think Kawhi should go to Dallas in terms of fit. If not Dallas, if GSW could get him, go there. I think he'll stay with the Clips, tho.

GSW - they are going to do something huge or at least swing for the fences. If they could land Dame, that would be the most fun result to see two guys just bombing 30 footers with accuracy. They may pull something off that hasn't been reported at all so far.

Knicks are going to be used as leverage for a lot of players looking to get paid.

Back to Ayton, for all those that love Gobert, right now I wouldn't trade Ayton for Gobert, even with Ayton's extension looming.

Please no more injuries in these playoffs.

My prediction for most overrated player after these playoffs: Devin Booker. Talking heads saying he's top 10 in the league are out of their mind.

Regarding the draft, I'm most excited to see who Toronto gets. They are the team that I think can sling shot back to being really competitive if they land the right guy.

With all of the above said, next year will be Brooklyn in a walk if those three guys stay healthy unless Golden State can pull of something huge, which I think is on the table.

I think all of you haters are going to be disappointed with how anticlimactic this is going wind up being. Leonard is where he wants to play. The knee injury will probably give other teams pause with offering him a max deal anyhow. I think the worst case scenario is he doesn’t opt out, leading to another year of uncertainty.

Kevin Durant got a max deal coming off a torn Achilles

My prediction for most overrated player after these playoffs: Devin Booker. Talking heads saying he's top 10 in the league are out of their mind.

Regarding the draft, I'm most excited to see who Toronto gets. They are the team that I think can sling shot back to being really competitive if they land the right guy.

With all of the above said, next year will be Brooklyn in a walk if those three guys stay healthy unless Golden State can pull of something huge, which I think is on the table.

Interesting on Booker, I think he is really damn good, but I wouldn't have him in the top 10 (i dont think at least) so I can hear that.

The Nets should be the favorite next year (until the Knicks team up Lillard/Randle/Kawhi of course) but I do think the "if those 3 guys stay healthy) caveat will continue to be a huge factor. Harden has historically been really durable, but Kyrie always ends the year hurt, and Durant may be reaching the age where it's also a factor with him

Kevin Durant got a max deal coming off a torn Achilles
Leonard has a longer history of injury and insists on load management. Also, Brooklyn was desperate.

Leonard has a longer history of injury and insists on load management. Also, Brooklyn was desperate.

Pretty sure that wasn't the only max offer out there. And pretty sure there are always desperate teams in FA

I think Kawhi is likely to stay with the Clippers. To be clear. But after the last 5-7 years of NBA transactions, I'm a lot more open to the unexpected happening.

Skip Bayless claims that Kawhi is furious with the Clippers medical staff. But it’s skip bayless.

Bayless apparently is on good terms with Uncle Dennis so who knows. It would seem at minimum the Clippers will have a brand new medical staff next year whether it’s with Kawhi or not. I think he stays but it’s not a lock.

would like to see him leave, go elsewhere and win a title. And The clippers can role with 80 million tied up in George, kennard and Morris and no draft capital.

If Bucks can hold off ATL and Giannis can come back, I think the Bucks will beat the Suns. They have the size to offset Ayton and make CP3 seem small. Without Giannis, I think Suns win. Would be fine with either team winning.

Just like I thought Giannis should have gone to Dallas, I think Kawhi should go to Dallas in terms of fit. If not Dallas, if GSW could get him, go there. I think he'll stay with the Clips, tho.

GSW - they are going to do something huge or at least swing for the fences. If they could land Dame, that would be the most fun result to see two guys just bombing 30 footers with accuracy. They may pull something off that hasn't been reported at all so far.

Knicks are going to be used as leverage for a lot of players looking to get paid.

Back to Ayton, for all those that love Gobert, right now I wouldn't trade Ayton for Gobert, even with Ayton's extension looming.

Why would Dallas be a better fit for Leonard than LA? Doncic is better than George, OK. The Clippers are better in every other category. Better head coach, better supporting cast, better front office, better owner (because deeper pockets), better location, better pizza.

Everyone insists on load management these days and there are plenty of desperate teams out there. He will get paid.

Skip Bayless claims that Kawhi is furious with the Clippers medical staff. But it’s skip bayless.

Bayless apparently is on good terms with Uncle Dennis so who knows. It would seem at minimum the Clippers will have a brand new medical staff next year whether it’s with Kawhi or not. I think he stays but it’s not a lock.

would like to see him leave, go elsewhere and win a title. And The clippers can role with 80 million tied up in George, kennard and Morris and no draft capital.
Exactly, it’s Skip Bayless. Let’s go ahead and dissect it anyway.

First of all, he never said furious. You added that for effect.

Second, the alleged gripe doesn’t even make sense. The Clippers misdiagnosed the injury? How? They initially said he would be fine, just as Leonard said he would be fine. Then we found out there was concern within the organization that he seriously injured his ACL. So where’s the misdiagnosis? Did the Clippers make him play while injured? No. And it was Leonard’s camp who said before Game 6 that he might be able to play at some point during the Finals.

But let’s say he does have a problem with the medical staff. Ballmer will just replace them, most likely with input from Leonard. Easy peasy. And no, it’s not the same thing as San Antonio, where he never really wanted to be long term.

Bayless is Peter Vecsey on steroids. He’ll say anything for attention, even if that means contradicting his own opinions. His latest nonsense is that he won’t be shocked if Leonard winds up with the Lakers.

Oh, and there’s no way Uncle Dennis would spill any of this to Bayless in the first place. They keep things too close to the vest, you know that.

Why would Dallas be a better fit for Leonard than LA? Doncic is better than George, OK. The Clippers are better in every other category. Better head coach, better supporting cast, better front office, better owner (because deeper pockets), better location, better pizza.

Because Luka is arguably the greatest 22 year old NBA player of all time.

Everything else doesn't matter. You figure it out after that. Kawhi wouldn't go to the Clips without a second star. He absolutely was not going without a second star. Now, he can upgrade that second star. Honestly, I wouldn't be worried about the Heat, I would be worried about the Mavs and the Dubs.

Because Luka is arguably the greatest 22 year old NBA player of all time.

Everything else doesn't matter. You figure it out after that. Kawhi wouldn't go to the Clips without a second star. He absolutely was not going without a second star. Now, he can upgrade that second star. Honestly, I wouldn't be worried about the Heat, I would be worried about the Mavs and the Dubs.
And who would be the second star on the Mavs? You think Doncic is going to roll over and defer to Leonard? That’s a surefire way to get him to the Knicks.

Leonard’s not going to play second fiddle to Curry either.

Funny I've been thinking the same on Booker. He is no doubt a really good player but more a little better version of Rip Hamilton to me than the whole Top 10 etc.

You see how much they have relied on Paul and Ayton through these playoffs and how cold Booker goes for multiple games.

Funny I've been thinking the same on Booker. He is no doubt a really good player but more a little better version of Rip Hamilton to me than the whole Top 10 etc.

You see how much they have relied on Paul and Ayton through these playoffs and how cold Booker goes for multiple games.

Booker has been a little cold shooting wise the last few games, but he's a really good playmaker, he was averaging close to 9 assists per 100 possessions the last few years. Obviously that's down now because he's paying with the point god, but he's also a better and more diversified scorer than Rip.

I dunno how I ended up being such a big Booker fan.

Booker has been a little cold shooting wise the last few games, but he's a really good playmaker, he was averaging close to 9 assists per 100 possessions the last few years. Obviously that's down now because he's paying with the point god, but he's also a better and more diversified scorer than Rip.

That's fair. I like his game too but was a little underwhelmed not having seen as much of him in the regular season. Definitely more diversity than Rip and more of a passer just hard to gauge him as that top 10 SS right now.

I’m not saying he isn’t good. But he’s not a top tier star. I’m not sure if he’s even second tier.

I’d kill for the Knicks to have him, obviously, though.

And who would be the second star on the Mavs? You think Doncic is going to roll over and defer to Leonard? That’s a surefire way to get him to the Knicks.

Leonard’s not going to play second fiddle to Curry either.

Leonard was lobbying for KD. If he was willing to lobby for KD before he got PG, he’s willing to play with top, top talent.

I think he’s staying in LA, but I think he’s sick of having to take over lead ball handler duties when it gets serious. With Luka he can pick his spots.

I would wager good money Kawhi landing in Dallas would make Luka very happy. Considering he hates the current number two, I think he’s be ecstatic.

Leonard was lobbying for KD. If he was willing to lobby for KD before he got PG, he’s willing to play with top, top talent.

I think he’s staying in LA, but I think he’s sick of having to take over lead ball handler duties when it gets serious. With Luka he can pick his spots.

I would wager good money Kawhi landing in Dallas would make Luka very happy. Considering he hates the current number two, I think he’s be ecstatic.
Then why didn’t he go to the Lakers?

KD showed he was willing to be the second banana on the Warriors. That’s why Leonard recruited him to be on his team.

I think you are wildly underestimating the egos of both Leonard and Doncic. Someone will have to be the alpha. That’s not something you just figure out later.

So something I found interesting watching tonight and doing some research is just how many guys that Wake has still running in the league for a program that has been way down so long.

CP3, John Collins, Jeff Teague, Ish Smith, James Johnson and to a lesser extent Al Farouq Aminu. Pretty impressive all things considered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom