NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

And the NBA being stupid about uniforms finally caught up to them! Yes!

HOME TEAM WEARS WHITE! Stop messing with the system!

My All NBA right now:
Luka
Demar
Jokic
Embiid
Giannis

(dont care what the rules are, I'm putting those three in the front court)

2nd Team
Ja
Steph
Bron
KD
Tatum

3rd Team
CP3
Booker
Lavine
KAT
Rudy

Apologies to Donovan Mitchell who I'm sure can be swapped out for a wing on the third team. I can't put Harden on any of these teams.

My All NBA right now:
Luka
Demar
Jokic
Embiid
Giannis

2nd Team
Ja
Steph
Bron
KD
Tatum

3rd Team
CP3
Booker
Lavine
KAT
Rudy

Apologies to Donovan Mitchell who I'm sure can be swapped out for a wing on the third team. I can't put Harden on any of these teams.
Darius Garland - 3rd team sleeper?

Darius Garland - 3rd team sleeper?

IMO, yes. If the Cavs had any semblance of regular depth of outside shooting/perimeter guys that can create their own offense (I know they got LeVert, but he is hit or miss even when healthy), Garland wouldn't have to do all the creating himself, which is a huge load to bear.

But he's really good and them getting a 6 seed, potentially, is no joke. Fun team that should be a force in the coming years.

My All NBA right now:
Luka
Demar
Jokic
Embiid
Giannis

2nd Team
Ja
Steph
Bron
KD
Tatum

3rd Team
CP3
Booker
Lavine
KAT
Rudy

I think I might agree with all of this though I don’t really like having 4 forward/C’s on the first team. Either get rid of the position rules or actually stick with them. There’s no reasonable argument for DeRozan to be considered a guard or for Embiid to be considered a forward.

If we’re limiting it to actual guards, forwards, and bigs, the teams get a lot messier. Probably something like:

Jokic
Giannis
DeRozan
Luka
Ja

Embiid
Tatum
KD
Steph
CP3

Rudy/Towns
Lebron
Butler?
Lavine
Booker

Last edited:
Whoever it was that asked before about cashing in their ROTY bet, what did you end up doing? Seems like we suddenly have a close race on our hands with Barnes and Cade continuing to emerge and the Cavs sliding.

My All NBA right now:
Luka
Demar
Jokic
Embiid
Giannis

2nd Team
Ja
Steph
Bron
KD
Tatum

3rd Team
CP3
Booker
Lavine
KAT
Rudy

So... look, what is it you all see in Embiid?

I've never been that impressed when I've watched him. But people talk like he's great. I've accepted the issue is probably with me. But what is it that the guy does that makes people think he's awesome?

I've never been that impressed when I've watched him. But people talk like he's great. I've accepted the issue is probably with me. But what is it that the guy does that makes people think he's awesome?

This year, he's third in PER, win shares, BPM and VORP. Fourth in WS/48.

I mean, he's playing very well.

He’s been amazing this year but the 76ers have become maybe the least fun team in the league to watch due to his and Harden’s style of play. For me, he’s behind Jokic and Giannis in the MVP running but seems like the general expectation is that he’ll finish first or second and therefore deserves a spot on the first team regardless of position.

He’s been amazing this year but the 76ers have become maybe the least fun team in the league to watch due to his and Harden’s style of play. For me, he’s behind Jokic and Giannis in the MVP running but seems like the general expectation is that he’ll finish first or second and therefore deserves a spot on the first team regardless of position.
Did the DeRozan MVP chatter die down?

I kinda liked that that was a thing.

Did the DeRozan MVP chatter die down?

I kinda liked that that was a thing.
Yeah it’s thankfully died down. He’s had an incredible season considering who he is but he’s nowhere near being the MVP.

Wow the Lakers are really terrible on D. I knew they were really bad, but the Raptors jump to a 21-2 lead before the six minute mark.

Sixers choke last night cost me a six team parlay. I hate betting on teams I dislike but that was a game that should have been a win.

Gotta protect the FG%. Smh.

The worst is the guys who purposefully take too long and get their “attempt” off slightly too late so it doesn’t count, but they want it to look like they were trying to get the attempt off.
I think if it is not a natural type of shot, it doesn’t count unless it’s made
He’s easily my favorite NBA announcer ever.
If you wan to learn more, he is the best. Stan Van is pretty good as well.

Kyrie has 39 with 2 minutes left in the first half against the magic.
60 points. I don’t think anyone will want anything to do with the Nets in the playoffs. It’s a shame Kyrie is such an airhead about getting vaxxed.

I wonder if this is the first time in NBA history that there were 60 point games on back-to-back nights.

Last edited:
60 points. I don’t think anyone will want anything to do with the Nets in the playoffs. It’s a shame Kyrie is such an airhead about getting vaxxed.

I wonder if this is the first time in NBA history that there were 60 point games on back-to-back nights.
Million dollar talent. Five cent head.

if it happens - Buck vs Nets in 1st round would be the best opening round series in history.