NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

I’m still mad that the Lakers panicked and traded my two favorite players Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones for nothing, and ended up both cutting our window short and forcing us to pick up washed up ass enemy losers Karl Malone and Gary Payton, who predictably went out like the punks that they were. We should’ve won that 4th chip, and then competed with OUR guys for a 5th - - - - instead Nick was averaging 25(!) for the Mavs in the playoffs while bouncing the Kings(Queens?) and Eddie was still a two way iron man for the Heat(would’ve been all defense every year if he was winning chips in LA)

Give me some random lore from your favorite team fandom. I want to hear about the beefs you have from many years ago that nobody else would know or care about...

The Raptors losing Tracy McGrady as a free agent after the 2000 season (as he was still developing) really hurt. Wish there was RFA rules on free agents back then like there are today.

The Vince Carter / Tracy McGrady duo could have been great with the proper supporting pieces. And it may have been enough to keep Vince from whining and being a baby at times (or it could have made it worse).

But hated never getting a chance to see the duo develop and star together.

The Raptors losing Tracy McGrady as a free agent after the 2000 season (as he was still developing) really hurt. Wish there was RFA rules on free agents back then like there are today.

The Vince Carter / Tracy McGrady duo could have been great with the proper supporting pieces. And it may have been enough to keep Vince from whining and being a baby at times (or it could have made it worse).

Yeah, good one. TMac had just started to break out that last year in Toronto, and then exploded the next year in Orlando.

Toronto went to 7 games with Philly in 01. Gotta think with TMac they would’ve at least made the finals at some point in the early 00s.

I’m still mad that the Lakers panicked and traded my two favorite players Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones for nothing, and ended up both cutting our window short and forcing us to pick up washed up ass enemy losers Karl Malone and Gary Payton, who predictably went out like the punks that they were. We should’ve won that 4th chip, and then competed with OUR guys for a 5th - - - - instead Nick was averaging 25(!) for the Mavs in the playoffs while bouncing the Kings(Queens?) and Eddie was still a two way iron man for the Heat(would’ve been all defense every year if he was winning chips in LA)

Give me some random lore from your favorite team fandom. I want to hear about the beefs you have from many years ago that nobody else would know or care about...
This story has become legendary among Bucks fans. Back when we were trying to find a new team for Andrew Bogut, the Warriors came calling. They offered Milwaukee the choice between Monta Ellis, at the prime of his powers at the time, and Steph Curry, a young guard that had shown promise but was dealing with a lot of ankle issues and might just be cursed. Milwaukee obviously took Monta Ellis and continued fighting for the 8 seed for a couple years with him and Brandon Jennings leading the way while Steph and the Warriors became a dynasty.

This story has become legendary among Bucks fans. Back when we were trying to find a new team for Andrew Bogut, the Warriors came calling. They offered Milwaukee the choice between Monta Ellis, at the prime of his powers at the time, and Steph Curry, a young guard that had shown promise but was dealing with a lot of ankle issues and might just be cursed. Milwaukee obviously took Monta Ellis and continued fighting for the 8 seed for a couple years with him and Brandon Jennings leading the way while Steph and the Warriors became a dynasty.

Funny you mention Ellis, I was just reading today he's still on the Pacers cap sheet.

The old rookie contracts were so bizarre. Webber signed a 15 year deal (!) but he also had the ability to opt out after the first year and become a RFA.

I’ll be honest: I’m not really ready. Between the late finish and the earlier start, it just seems too soon. Football season just started, and we’ve got the baseball playoffs coming. Don’t really need the NBA until Halloween, like it used to be.

I’ll be honest: I’m not really ready. Between the late finish and the earlier start, it just seems too soon. Football season just started, and we’ve got the baseball playoffs coming. Don’t really need the NBA until Halloween, like it used to be.
Personally I'm a fan of Bill Simmons the sports fellas old plan that the NBA season should start on Christmas

Personally I'm a fan of Bill Simmons the sports fellas old plan that the NBA season should start on Christmas
Ha. I always loved it for the first month until College hoops started around Thanksgiving.

They’ve screwed up the timelines of everything.

Ha. I always loved it for the first month until College hoops started around Thanksgiving.

They’ve screwed up the timelines of everything.

in 2020 when the season got put on hold for a few months, I was really curious to see how the amended timeline for the season would go, with the playoffs in August and September. I thought I might like it more, the summer is usually pretty dead for sports, etc. But I didnt like it at all. My mind is so used to associating certain sporting events with certain times of the year, and it was just all wrong for the NBA finals to be in September. Threw everything off for me.

I can't believe they got everything back on regular schedule so quickly, I thought it would take a couple of years and they basically did it in one season

Good lord never heard that on Steph. Those injuries allowed them to sign Steph to a very reasonable 2nd contract which helped their run of 3 of 4

Does anyone like ESPN’s NBA coverage?

If this one person at ESPN I want less of it’s this guy.

Right on brand ESPN.

Right on brand ESPN.
ESPN is pretty weak. I really don't know anyone who likes their overall coverage for basically any sport. For the most part they get rid of the good hosts and keep the poor ones. Now granted I am probably not their target audience, 60 yr old white dude, but do the young people like what they bring to the table?

Right on brand ESPN.
I can't stand Greeny these days. Like nails on chalkboard

I can't stand Greeny these days. Like nails on chalkboard

Haven't listened to him in years. I still like Adam Schein and Mcafee but they aren't big NBA guys

As far as NBA coverage it can be brutal

I'm fine with Greeny but ESPN's NBA coverage in general is pretty brutal. Honestly just in general, the TV people that talk NBA might be the worst of any sport. I at least feel like I can learn something watching guys like Dan Orlovsky and Drew Brees and stuff and even people that annoy me like Collinsworth at least try to break the game down. Most of the analysts and commentators for the NBA just seem to go for soundbites.

Like, the difference between the Manning Bros coverage of the Monday Night games vs. the Players Only coverages in the NBA is laughable.

I'm fine with Greeny but ESPN's NBA coverage in general is pretty brutal. Honestly just in general, the TV people that talk NBA might be the worst of any sport. I at least feel like I can learn something watching guys like Dan Orlovsky and Drew Brees and stuff and even people that annoy me like Collinsworth at least try to break the game down. Most of the analysts and commentators for the NBA just seem to go for soundbites.

Like, the difference between the Manning Bros coverage of the Monday Night games vs. the Players Only coverages in the NBA is laughable.

I think Zach lowe is great. But as far as their tv coverage...yeah. Ryan Ruoco I think is pretty good a least. And obviously Breen is amazing (I could be biased) but I hate Mark Jackson

Always though Russillo was great at covering the NBA. Wilbon should have that job instead of Greeny, but I assume he doesn’t want to work that much at this point in his career.

I think Zach lowe is great. But as far as their tv coverage...yeah. Ryan Ruoco I think is pretty good a least. And obviously Breen is amazing (I could be biased) but I hate Mark Jackson
Lowe is great, though I categorize him more as a writer than a TV analyst (even though he now does both).

Dropping this here bc Bates is in the radar for the nba obviously and I don’t want to drop this in recruiting:

That has to be the least impressive measurements ever for someone that's considered a potential #1 overall pick.

half joking, but Luka? Granted, not exactly drafted for his measurables.