NBAdraft.net new mock is out. Not sure which is more surprising: Bradley Beal down to seven | Syracusefan.com

NBAdraft.net new mock is out. Not sure which is more surprising: Bradley Beal down to seven

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
or Dion all the way up to eight. Glad to see they have Dion going ahead of Jeremy Lamb. I agree 100% with that. I might be wrong but I can't see JLamb being a highly effective pro. I know not everyone thinks that Dion deserves to go #8, but the guy is a stud with a ton of talent and upside. I am sure NBA teams realize that he is going to be a crowd favorite. I know many guys on here have a man crush on him and many females find him very appealing.

The mock draft also have Damian Lillard up to six. He is already one of those guys that I wish I saw play in college. I think some teams will be in play to move up to get him.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

or Dion all the way up to eight. Glad to see they have Dion going ahead of Jeremy Lamb. I agree 100% with that. I might be wrong but I can't see JLamb being a highly effective pro. I know not everyone thinks that Dion deserves to go #8, but the guy is a stud with a ton of talent and upside. I am sure NBA teams realize that he is going to be a crowd favorite. I know many guys on here have a man crush on him and many females find him very appealing.

The mock draft also have Damian Lillard up to six. He is already one of those guys that I wish I saw play in college. I think some teams will be in play to move up to get him.

yeah, for surprises, i'd concern drummond being picked at 2 to be the biggest surprise.

also to note, kris jo jo is on there at 49th.
the fabulous one dropped to last pick of the 1st round.
and no scooooop.

yeah, for surprises, i'd concern drummond being picked at 2 to be the biggest surprise.
Drummond is a big boy. He could turn out to be the next Shaquille O'Neal or be the next Stanley Roberts. People love size. That's why I think Fab Melo moves up a bit. Charlotte would be stupid to take Drummond but you never know how it will end up. I think they should take MKG, but that's just my opinion.

Drummond is a big boy. He could turn out to be the next Shaquille O'Neal or be the next Stanley Roberts. People love size. That's why I think Fab Melo moves up a bit. Charlotte would be stupid to take Drummond but you never know how it will end up. I think they should take MKG, but that's just my opinion.

i think the bobcats should trade their pick in exchange for a veteran player and a mid-round pick. they don't have the greatest track record for drafting players and are miles away from turning around their franchise (only tony davis would have truly helped them out of their hole).

drummond definitely has potential and size. i guess the scouts saw something in him during workouts.

I'm not in love with Drummond, but I wouldn't be upset if my team picked him. I like his upside, and with that size, skillset he seems worth the risk if you need size.

Barnes over Beal - can't say I agree with that. At all.

i think the bobcats should trade their pick in exchange for a veteran player and a mid-round pick. they don't have the greatest track record for drafting players and are miles away from turning around their franchise (only tony davis would have truly helped them out of their hole).

drummond definitely has potential and size. i guess the scouts saw something in him during workouts.

Interesting point. A lot depends on whether the Bobcats deem that there is a second star caliber talent in the draft, whoever that might be and whichever position he might play.

If not, then I agree 100% with your suggestion--they should trade it to a team like [just for example, not suggesting it will work out this way] like Portland for their two lotto picks, or a team like Boston or Golden State [again, just hypothetically] that also had two first round picks. GS also has a young nucleus with some young talent / tradeable commodities that a lousy team like Charlotte might be interested in acquiring.

A lot depends on their scouting department, and what they think of talent after Davis is off the board. Drummond seems like a huge gamble at #2 for a team that needs everything.

its just my personal opinion, i would take drummond at #2. if he puts it together he could be shawn kemp good. i think it is worth the chance. i think dion over lamb, mostly on motor and swag. something about lamb's game bugs me. i also don't like that he came in at only 179. that is pretty damn light for a 6-4 basketball player, alot of guys with less talent will just push him around.

Nothing surprising about them having Dion going 8th, really. Chad Ford has had him locked in that spot for weeks.

Dion at 8. flash back 3 years - he was a non-entity at the Jordan classic. I could not stop making the comparison to Jonny tearing it up at Mickey D. We all know that all star games mean little, but even so he was no where near the player that he became. Coaches help with incentives and conditioning but improvement comes from within. Good job Dion.

its just my personal opinion, i would take drummond at #2. if he puts it together he could be shawn kemp good. i think it is worth the chance. i think dion over lamb, mostly on motor and swag. something about lamb's game bugs me. i also don't like that he came in at only 179. that is pretty damn light for a 6-4 basketball player, alot of guys with less talent will just push him around.

"Andre Drummond shocked me by comparing himself to Kevin Durant." -Jay Bilas

To be fair, Drummond came back at the combine and clarified what he meant by saying that he can take his guy off the dribble and hit a 15-footer.

Now, I like Drummond a lot as well on size (particularly wingspan...7'6"...that's top 20 all time) primarily and potential. You could see that he could dominate. And that is where the liking stops. Guys that could dominate in college and don't are freaking scary lottery picks.

44cuse

they say these kids improve the most during the summer heading into their sophomore year. hopefully, carter-williams and rak can improve this summer the way dion and CJ and fab did.

as far as future draft pick potential, i think CJ has a chance at being a 1st round pick. if he can improve his jumper, work on his ball handling, his stock will rise.

To be fair, Drummond came back at the combine and clarified what he meant by saying that he can take his guy off the dribble and hit a 15-footer.

Now, I like Drummond a lot as well on size (particularly wingspan...7'6"...that's top 20 all time) primarily and potential. You could see that he could dominate. And that is where the liking stops. Guys that could dominate in college and don't are freaking scary lottery picks.

44cuse

i think drummond has a similar skill set to serge i-block-a. drummond could be a defensive force if he puts in the effort.

Drummond going high is not a big surprise to me. I don't think he played to his potential at UConn many games that I saw. He almost seemed to have a "don't give a damn" attitude at times.
I still believe that Kidd-Gilchrist will be the future star of this draft.

44cuse

I was saying to a buddy, I can't wait for Drummond to be a lottery bust. He's really physically impressive, but he didn't exactly show a ton last year.

Here is an example of why I pay very little attention to nbadraft.net.

Currently they project Waiters as the #8 pick. When I click through to his profile page, the site lists two NBA comparisons: Dominique Jones and Deshawn Stevenson.

That does not make sense.

Here is an example of why I pay very little attention to nbadraft.net.

Currently they project Waiters as the #8 pick. When I click through to his profile page, the site lists two NBA comparisons: Dominique Jones and Deshawn Stevenson.

That does not make sense.
Yeah, I don't think they update the comparisons. I still stand by my Tony Allen O.J. Mayo ones.

Comments...
I just got off a site that had Waiters at 6 and Lillard at 8.
I have seen anonymous NBA sources say in 5 yrs the best '12 draft products will be Davis, and Waiters. Is Dion really a D-Wade light? Probably not but he is on that path.
Personally FWIW I see Davis as a just a notch above Josh Boone as a pro. I think Kidd-Gilchrist will be the pre-eminent pro out of this draft.

Comments...
I just got off a site that had Waiters at 6 and Lillard at 8.
I have seen anonymous NBA sources say in 5 yrs the best '12 draft products will be Davis, and Waiters. Is Dion really a D-Wade light? Probably not but he is on that path.
Personally FWIW I see Davis as a just a notch above Josh Boone as a pro. I think Kidd-Gilchrist will be the pre-eminent pro out of this draft.

josh boone? come one now. i see tony davis as a mix of KG and tim duncan. at worst, i see him as tyson chandler.

josh boone? come one now. i see tony davis as a mix of KG and tim duncan. at worst, i see him as tyson chandler.

You really see Ant Davis as a mix of a first ballot hall of famer and the greatest PF of all time? Come on.

Tyson Chandler is 3" taller and is way stronger.

I cannot believe the projections for a kid who was guard up until a few years ago and needs a lot of work on offense.

You really see Ant Davis as a mix of a first ballot hall of famer and the greatest PF of all time? Come on.

Tyson Chandler is 3" taller and is way stronger.

I cannot believe the projections for a kid who was guard up until a few years ago and needs a lot of work on offense.

right, being a guard until a few years ago is what makes him a special talent. the kid's offense improved daily last year. by march his 18 foot jumper was nearly automatic.

right, being a guard until a few years ago is what makes him a special talent. the kid's offense improved daily last year. by march his 18 foot jumper were nearly automatic.

No it doesn't. It's what makes him closer to Rasheed Wallace who had a similar upbringing.

Guard skills are great when you are on a dominant team in college.

Not in the NBA. You need to know how to pass, board, position, etc like a big man.

The best bigs in the NBA play big. 18 footers are great, but they don't need him to stand outside on the perimeter shooting 18 footers. They need him hitting baby hooks and gobbling up offensive rebounds for put backs. They need him to play awesome on-the-ball defense at the 4 or 5 for 82 games a year. Hitting 18 footers against 6'6" guys in Lexington doesn't mean squat in the NBA.

No it doesn't. It's what makes him closer to Rasheed Wallace who had a similar upbringing.

Guard skills are great when you are on a dominant team in college.

Not in the NBA. You need to know how to pass, board, position, etc like a big man.

The best bigs in the NBA play big. 18 footers are great, but they don't need him to stand outside on the perimeter shooting 18 footers. They need him hitting baby hooks and gobbling up offensive rebounds for put backs. They need him to play awesome on-the-ball defense at the 4 or 5 for 82 games a year. Hitting 18 footers against 6'6" guys in Lexington doesn't mean squat in the NBA.

tony davis is a stud. he's 18 years old. he'll add weight. he's knows the game. he has unbelievable instincts on defense. just imagine how good he'll be with a few more years of learning how to play big.

ten-time all star is in his future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom