NBAdraft.net new mock is out. Not sure which is more surprising: Bradley Beal down to seven | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NBAdraft.net new mock is out. Not sure which is more surprising: Bradley Beal down to seven

tony davis is a stud. he's 18 years old. he'll add weight. he's knows the game. he has unbelievable instincts on defense. just imagine how good he'll be with a few more years of learning how to play big.

ten-time all star is in his future.

I expect you to be around in 10 years on this board to come back to this guarantee. I can't really refute a guess by you. Here is my guess: poor man's Marcus Camby.

I expect you to be around in 10 years on this board to come back to this guarantee. I can't really refute a guess by you. Here is my guess: poor man's Marcus Camby.

well hey, camby has been contributing for 18 years in the NBA. to think what camby's numbers could have been if he stayed healthy.

well hey, camby has been contributing for 18 years in the NBA. to think what camby's numbers could have been if he stayed healthy.

I agree. I didn't mean that negatively. Camby is a monster defensive player that has contributed for quite a long time. It is a compliment.

No it doesn't. It's what makes him closer to Rasheed Wallace who had a similar upbringing.

Guard skills are great when you are on a dominant team in college.

Not in the NBA. You need to know how to pass, board, position, etc like a big man.

The best bigs in the NBA play big. 18 footers are great, but they don't need him to stand outside on the perimeter shooting 18 footers. They need him hitting baby hooks and gobbling up offensive rebounds for put backs. They need him to play awesome on-the-ball defense at the 4 or 5 for 82 games a year. Hitting 18 footers against 6'6" guys in Lexington doesn't mean squat in the NBA.

I could see him being a Rasheed Wallace type, but with more ability to block/alter shots. Obviously he would be a bit less tempermental, and probably have a better career because of it.

I don't think Fab Melo will drop past Boston. They could use a big man and they have two consecutive picks.

I always criticize people for this, so I am bing hypocritical myself.

But is Fab _really_ a first round pick that you would want your team to spend a pick on? It's a different question than is Fab a first round pick. I understand completely why he is. But are you stoked if your team takes Fab? I'm not.

There has been so little talk about Fab that I think teams have realized just how much of a project he will be (far more than Drummond, IMO). And just to be fair, I was frustrated with Fab this season but I'm not one of the people who ever wished him any ill will. I still like seeing Mike Williams do well and want Fab to do great because he could give back to the school and I like being proud of guys who went to SU.

44cuse

I always criticize people for this, so I am bing hypocritical myself.

But is Fab _really_ a first round pick that you would want your team to spend a pick on? It's a different question than is Fab a first round pick. I understand completely why he is. But are you stoked if your team takes Fab? I'm not.

There has been so little talk about Fab that I think teams have realized just how much of a project he will be (far more than Drummond, IMO). And just to be fair, I was frustrated with Fab this season but I'm not one of the people who ever wished him any ill will. I still like seeing Mike Williams do well and want Fab to do great because he could give back to the school and I like being proud of guys who went to SU.

44cuse

it's easier to breakdown players by position in order to see their draft value:

true centers:

1. drummond
2. leonard
3. zeller
4. melo
5. ezeli
6. o'quinn
7. sims

the top 3 centers are pretty much a lock for the first round, and not many would argue that they belong as the top three big men in the draft.

but 4-7 can be debated. and those four centers are battling for a huge difference in draft position. the 4th center picked will be mid to late 1st round, while the 7th center picked will be mid to late 2nd round.

so i guess the question you should ask yourself is: would you pick ezeli, o'quinn, or sims over fab?

Nbadraft.net is a joke. Draftexpress and ESPN are the only legit mock drafts. Nbadraft has no inside information.

Nbadraft.net is a joke. Draftexpress and ESPN are the only legit mock drafts. Nbadraft has no inside information.

I agree... If you think their 2012 Mock is bad, look at 2013... Its a joke. Almost as if they simply googled names of players and picked randomly out of that list...

it's easier to breakdown players by position in order to see their draft value:

true centers:

1. drummond
2. leonard
3. zeller
4. melo
5. ezeli
6. o'quinn
7. sims

the top 3 centers are pretty much a lock for the first round, and not many would argue that they belong as the top three big men in the draft.

but 4-7 can be debated. and those four centers are battling for a huge difference in draft position. the 4th center picked will be mid to late 1st round, while the 7th center picked will be mid to late 2nd round.

so i guess the question you should ask yourself is: would you pick ezeli, o'quinn, or sims over fab?

Good post.

And that is absolutely the right way to look at it. So I am with you (I think): I wouldn't take any of those other guys over Fab (but I like Sims for some reason). But I guess if you are drafting in that mid to late 1st round, you have to be thinking project/potential at some point.

That said, I tend to skew more towards the production side in the production vs potential argument. The extreme example here is the W's 30th pick. (Full disclosure I'm a W's fan but it just happens that the example fits the scenario.) I would MUCH prefer Draymond Green be that pick even if it's a little high because I like his production.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom