NBC Sports Network | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NBC Sports Network

Going bye-bye

So Notre Dame...you getting nervous?

I wonder if some of this live sports content will be rolled into the Peacock channel?

ND-NBC deal runs through 2025.

Fox and ESPN will be all over the EPL rights. The NBC rights end after 2021-2022 season.
Didn’t know the timing, good call. Look forward to a network who can do it justice!

Didn’t know the timing, good call. Look forward to a network who can do it justice!
There’s rumors that ESPN will be going free (no cable subscription required to view ESPN channels streaming) while keeping ESPN+. If that’s the case, it feels like they’ll have the channels to match the audience for EPL.

Henry’s wish is to get an MLS team in Fenway and have them like Man City for NYCFC.

The MLS doesn’t want 2 teams in Boston though and Kraft won’t sell the revolution.
Where did you hear this? That’s interesting

I’m a gunner and love the nbc coverage. Arsenal has become my second favorite thing to watch in all sports . I lived in London for periods and it totally sucked me in. A marvelous sport. Worth the investment getting interested in it

Where did you hear this? That’s interesting

I’m a gunner and love the nbc coverage. Arsenal has become my second favorite thing to watch in all sports . I lived in London for periods and it totally sucked me in. A marvelous sport. Worth the investment getting interested in it
I have people I am friends with who work for the scum Fenway Sports Group.
He told me Henry wanted the Revolution from Kraft. Kraft said no so Henry has anger at Kraft.

I watch it for cycling, which I know nobody else on here prob cares about. Wonder how that will impact things like Tour de France and other races they show.
We’ve been watching the Tour on NBCSN for over 12 years. I also used to watch Formula 1 there, until it moved to ESPN.

it’s also a popular place for those who like to watch British football. :(

There’s rumors that ESPN will be going free (no cable subscription required to view ESPN channels streaming) while keeping ESPN+. If that’s the case, it feels like they’ll have the channels to match the audience for EPL.
wait thats not free, that means stand alone. more likely they have 2 tiers 1 gets you espn for a cost and a 2nd cost gets you espn+.

they would lose billions going to a free service.

He told me Henry wanted the Revolution from Kraft. Kraft said no so Henry has anger at Kraft.
Kraft ain't gonna be around forever

Things change once kids take over

I watch it for cycling, which I know nobody else on here prob cares about. Wonder how that will impact things like Tour de France and other races they show.
They'll keep the ASO rights and put their races on Peacock. I think they have the rights through 2023. I was just reading on Reddit that NBC Sports Gold had 600k subscribers So, there’s some money there.

Going bye-bye

So Notre Dame...you getting nervous?

I wonder if some of this live sports content will be rolled into the Peacock channel?
No, why? Only ND hockey was on NBCSN.

They'll keep the ASO rights and put their races on Peacock. I think they have the rights through 2023. I was just reading on Reddit that NBC Sports Gold had 600k subscribers So, there’s some money there.
They charge a lot for the sports gold package too, especially in today’s market. Surprised they have that many subscribers.

This stinks. Me and my grandfather are huge burnley fans. We never miss a game. Losing them on cable would be a blow

I'm disappointed it's going away. I had hoped they could be competition for ESPN. I wish they had waited until after the Olympics. They had a bunch of stuff at the last Olympics that I always miss because regular NBC skips or just glosses over it.

So Henry is mad at Kraft for not selling him
Something? That sounds ridiculous and petty. MLS teams can be purchased on open market at a price.

the Revolution need a soccer only stadium so not sure two Boston teams would solve

So Henry is mad at Kraft for not selling him
Something? That sounds ridiculous and petty. MLS teams can be purchased on open market at a price.

the Revolution need a soccer only stadium so not sure two Boston teams would solve
MLS won’t let a second team be in
Boston they want to grow the sport in this country year.
John W. Henry is a very petty vindictive man. Kraft isn’t going to sell the Revolution when he can have people come to Patriot Place and the surrounding malls.
Henry wants a Liverpool-MLS type of situation Man City-NYCFC have.
It won’t be in Boston which is what he wanted.

I'm disappointed it's going away. I had hoped they could be competition for ESPN. I wish they had waited until after the Olympics. They had a bunch of stuff at the last Olympics that I always miss because regular NBC skips or just glosses over it.
Good chance the olympics get delayed.

I'd rather wait a year and have a real one

It's been 30 years since they've tried to pull off a Winter/Summer Olympic Doubleheader the same year.

Although the 2022 Winter Games are in China. NBC wouldn't have to move their equipment that far.

Otherwise, Tokyo will have to wait until the next available Summer slot in 2032.

Regardless, the channel won't be there. I suppose they had a bunch of stuff spread across their news networks. Hopefully that lets me see what I want.

They charge a lot for the sports gold package too, especially in today’s market. Surprised they have that many subscribers.
I went back to make sure I read that number right and can’t find it. So I might be making it up! But Gold had premier league, cycling, rugby and a few others. So it’s believable.

I went back to make sure I read that number right and can’t find it. So I might be making it up! But Gold had premier league, cycling, rugby and a few others. So it’s believable.

Yeah, I never thought about it but I don’t doubt it. They have kind of a potpourri of sports and might have a lot of global subscriptions. I like their broadcasts too. I have a friend who used to subscribe for the rugby, he used to play on a national team. If nobody has ever watched their Tour de France coverage before, there’s some things they could do or improve on but the commentating for 4-5 hr races over a month is as good as commentating gets

I knew that...I know occasionally a FB game got put there. In the future where does it go?
USA Network, like one game went this past season.

Or, it just stays on NBC.

Its optional, the ND/NBC deal gave the latter the option of placing one game a year on NBCSN.

Yeah, I never thought about it but I don’t doubt it. They have kind of a potpourri of sports and might have a lot of global subscriptions. I like their broadcasts too. I have a friend who used to subscribe for the rugby, he used to play on a national team. If nobody has ever watched their Tour de France coverage before, there’s some things they could do or improve on but the commentating for 4-5 hr races over a month is as good as commentating gets
There's always Tiz if you don't mind refreshing feeds constantly. They usually have a few options for commentators.

they still will have the 5-6 channels showing the games just like last time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom