NBC Sports Network | Syracusefan.com

NBC Sports Network

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Going bye-bye

So Notre Dame...you getting nervous?

I wonder if some of this live sports content will be rolled into the Peacock channel?

Going bye-bye

So Notre Dame...you getting nervous?

I wonder if some of this live sports content will be rolled into the Peacock channel?
1611346441292.png

nbc sports network shows a ton of content too..

moving it to USA/peacock is fine though

its also much harder to re-stream the streaming stuff live for those not wanting to pay.

Covid is causing NBC-Universial to close NbcSN.

NHL and NASCAR will go to USA network.
English Premier League will go to Peacock.

I bet Notre Dame will be fine.

NBCSN is unwatchable if it’s not for sports.
They are saving money on a lot of content that doesn’t draw anything.

NBCSN doesn’t try to compete with ESPN like FS1 atleast tries to do.
Cutting this network is just admitting they can’t compete.

I’ve been reading A10 hoops is going to USA. Was nervous it would be peacock

I will likely be living in the Comcast footprint by end of year. Hoping they keep providing Peacock Premium free to subscribers.

I watch it for cycling, which I know nobody else on here prob cares about. Wonder how that will impact things like Tour de France and other races they show.

Was worried about nhl until I saw the usa note. They’re REALLY narrowing the window for people to jump into premier league. Odd strategy for a growth product, I’d say. The diehards will roll to peacock but there’s not many of them. They’re supposed to be growing them.

Was worried about nhl until I saw the usa note. They’re REALLY narrowing the window for people to jump into premier league. Odd strategy for a growth product, I’d say. The diehards will roll to peacock but there’s not many of them. They’re supposed to be growing them.
Fox and ESPN will be all over the EPL rights. The NBC rights end after 2021-2022 season.

I will likely be living in the Comcast footprint by end of year. Hoping they keep providing Peacock Premium free to subscribers.
At first, we got regular Peacock as part of our package (X1). Last month, they added Peacock Premium at no additional charge.

Fox and ESPN will be all over the EPL rights. The NBC rights end after 2021-2022 season.
ESPN already holds the FA Cup and League Cup hostage on streaming only, so wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to do the same for the Prem.

ESPN already holds the FA Cup and League Cup hostage on streaming only, so wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to do the same for the Prem.
EPL would have to be on board with that.
Prior to NBC getting EPL ESPN and Fox soccer had a joint contract.
Where ESPN would get 1 game a week on Saturday mornings and Fox would get the rest of the games.
I still remember the last game on ESPN when Man City scored 2 goals in injury time to beat QPR and win the EPL on decision day.

If ESPN got the rights I think they would put atleast 1 game a week on linear TV.

They can’t away with putting all EPL coverage on ESPN+ that would defeat growth of the league in the USA which is what EPL wants.

Could impact WWE's NXT, which is consistently getting whipped weekly by AEW, which is on TNT. They go head-to-head on Wednesdays.

I’m a massive EPL fan, I actually really enjoy NBC Sports coverage & easy accessibility to all the games, I haven’t missed a Liverpool game this season. EPL has moved into my number 2 spot behind basketball for sports I’ll watch even when “my teams” aren’t on. I’m disappointed it’s gonna shift in the next year or two. We’ll see what’s up next!

EPL would have to be on board with that.
Prior to NBC getting EPL ESPN and Fox soccer had a joint contract.
Where ESPN would get 1 game a week on Saturday mornings and Fox would get the rest of the games.
I still remember the last game on ESPN when Man City scored 2 goals in injury time to beat QPR and win the EPL on decision day.

If ESPN got the rights I think they would put atleast 1 game a week on linear TV.

They can’t away with putting all EPL coverage on ESPN+ that would defeat growth of the league in the USA which is what EPL wants.
I’ve been watching the Prem since 07, so I remember the days. But putting it on Peacock is the same as putting it on ESPN+.

I’m a massive EPL fan, I actually really enjoy NBC Sports coverage & easy accessibility to all the games, I haven’t missed a Liverpool game this season. EPL has moved into my number 2 spot behind basketball for sports I’ll watch even when “my teams” aren’t on. I’m disappointed it’s gonna shift in the next year or two. We’ll see what’s up next!
Thoughts on the Henry ownership group freeze on spending this January window for Liverpool?

I’ve been watching the Prem since 07, so I remember the days. But putting it on Peacock is the same as putting it on ESPN+.
I don’t think the EPL would sign with ESPN if they wanted to put it all on ESPN+ unless they offered insane money.
They want the league to grow in this country and thus would want atleast some matches every week on linear TV.

NBC EPL contract is up after next season. If they can't properly broadcast to casual fans there will be plenty of suitors waiting to pounce. Fox sports already has Bundesliga and framework in place to slide right in. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Amazon get involved as they are now with NFL games.

Thoughts on the Henry ownership group freeze on spending this January window for Liverpool?

Usually after we hear of lack of funds a transfer happens. Jota for 41 mil most recently

I watch it for cycling, which I know nobody else on here prob cares about. Wonder how that will impact things like Tour de France and other races they show.
I watched the tour on peacock this year for the different view of the course.. If it ends up costing more to watch might not bother any more.

I can't even remember the last time I watched it. I used to watch sports jeopardy and that was it.

I watched the tour on peacock this year for the different view of the course.. If it ends up costing more to watch might not bother any more.

I have peacock but have never checked it out. Good to know it was on there. I’m sure someone will pick it up but I liked NBC coverage.

I think FSG & Liverpool has been really strong in wise decision making & funding transfers over the last few years, throwing new players in is not always the answer. As a fan of course I'd love to see another Center Back picked up & used to fill the gap of the Van Dijk & Gomez long term injuries (also re-balance the midfield!), but I'm not up in arms if they don't. Been a really bad stretch the last 4-5 games though, it sucks. That's where the Jota injury hurts, he was was in top form before getting injured (in a game he shouldn't have been playing in). Yet, hope springs eternal!

I think FSG & Liverpool has been really strong in wise decision making & funding transfers over the last few years, throwing new players in is not always the answer. As a fan of course I'd love to see another Center Back picked up & used to fill the gap of the Van Dijk & Gomez long term injuries (also re-balance the midfield!), but I'm not up in arms if they don't. Been a really bad stretch the last 4-5 games though, it sucks. That's where the Jota injury hurts, he was was in top form before getting injured (in a game he shouldn't have been playing in). Yet, hope springs eternal!
Henry’s wish is to get an MLS team in Fenway and have them like Man City for NYCFC.

The MLS doesn’t want 2 teams in Boston though and Kraft won’t sell the revolution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom