NC State Gameday... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Gameday...

Were we really getting tons of pressure with Jobity and Williams anyway? Maybe stopping the run will take a bit of a hit.
Honestly, I think Watson is by far the best of the bunch, but I certainly understand the need to be able to rotate these guys. I'm sure we'll see Hastings, and the JUCO, who I thought would make an immediate impact to begin with. I think getting Wax back will help a lot. We'll be able to plug Marlowe back in as the communicator so JB can move back to the star position. Grant has been pretty disappointing. I think we solve a lot getting Wax back, and then Barnes as clear #1 cover corner. If KJE is going to burn his RS he might as well get some run.

Saturday night away games always scare me, regardless of the opponent’s record. Can’t imagine our record is good in these games. Let’s hope this team can buck the trend!

As Ben used to say to Red Parton, "Boys are gonna hit, boys are gonna win,"
I'll just add, "Boys are gonna hit (and tackle), boys are gonna win."

It's not meaningless. I don't remember the details any more, but a few seasons ago, Clemson beat us with some scheme or play. We played NC State after that, and copycat Doeren beat us to death just doing what he copied from Clemson. I don't think Doeren is the brightest bulb on the tree, but he sure knows how to copy gameplans.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Coaches have a tendency to game plan themselves out of what could work or was already working in a game. A coach game planning to another teams weakness isn’t some holy grail of coaching. Just because some coaches are too dumb to do it, that’s another issue in of itself.

I haven’t been optimistic on game planning since Marrone. I’m optimistic that even if we lose, it’s not going to be a full game of “what the hell is going on”. Stanford was a wake up call for coaches down to players. We’ll be ready and if we lose, we lose. But I expect we’ll be in this game at the very least and it should be an exciting game.

I have zero reason to think we can’t win, zero.

Always been a thorn in our side

Wins in 2022, 2018, and 2013

Basically if we beat them, we have a winning season.

I'm still bitter about 1997. #13 Cuse did everything possible to give the game to a 6-5 NC State team. Cuse succeeded in overtime. 32-31 Pack. It's a top #5 loss in the P Era.

Here we go…
IMG_6074.jpeg

This is where I am at. Cautiously optimistic
UNLV is a better team but I feel for once in like 10 (edit 30) years we were a bit lucky last week *shrugs*

Hoping the boys prove me wrong. Pumped regardless.

UNLV is a better team but I feel for once in like 10 (edit 30) years we were a bit lucky last week *shrugs*

Hoping the boys prove me wrong. Pumped regardless.
I thought SU beat UNLV and gave UNLV a chance because of ST. I am optimistic, with a dose of caution. However, HCFB seems to bounce back and I don't think he will let the team ride the UNLV win going into NCState. Just my opinion, this game is ours to lose.

If Special Teams doesn’t vomit all over themselves yet again (why Vollono is still employed in one of life’s great mysteries) and the D can make stops on 4 or 5 NC State drives then I think we’ll win.

I’m not wildly confident of either happening, but we’ll see.

I thought SU beat UNLV and gave UNLV a chance because of ST. I am optimistic, with a dose of caution. However, HCFB seems to bounce back and I don't think he will let the team ride the UNLV win going into NCState. Just my opinion, this game is ours to lose.
Yeah good points. Tbh, I’m factoring in bad special teams in my feelings. I think they aren’t the same or worse (hard to do) but missed fgs etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom