NC State Gameday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Gameday...

I don’t have a great feeling about today. Loss of defensive lineman is not good. NC State has top end talent, but has played two really tough teams. This will be the first time Bailey gets all the first team reps. Jolly and Conception are two of the better skill players SU will face.
The one thing that gives me hope is Kyle and the offense. If JRS finally breaks out this can be a scary good offense. Going to need 40 points and no special team mess ups to win I think.
Let’s go Orange.
I'm with you. No warm and fuzzies for tonight.

I think we get smacked around on the ground and lose with specials.

I watched Doeren’s press conference this week. He must be a decent coach because Mr. Charisma he is not. I’m thinking they’ll come after every punt today so we’d best score every time we have the ball. Two important defensive linemen going down makes it a good time for an exhibition of DART in theory and on the field. LGO!!

I don’t have a great feeling about today. Loss of defensive lineman is not good. NC State has top end talent, but has played two really tough teams. This will be the first time Bailey gets all the first team reps. Jolly and Conception are two of the better skill players SU will face.
The one thing that gives me hope is Kyle and the offense. If JRS finally breaks out this can be a scary good offense. Going to need 40 points and no special team mess ups to win I think.
Let’s go Orange.
if they couldn’t score 40 against wake, I don’t think they’re going to even sniff 40 against Syracuse. Not because cuse defense is that good because wakes was that bad.

I watched Doeren’s press conference this week. He must be a decent coach because Mr. Charisma he is not. I’m thinking they’ll come after every punt today so we’d best score every time we have the ball. Two important defensive linemen going down makes it a good time for an exhibition of DART in theory and on the field. LGO!!
In the end, he's a good coach. He will game plan our weaknesses

You want to rush the piss out of us when we are punting…..then leak someone out and throw it over the rush. Use their aggressiveness against them and hopefully they play it safe moving forward. Barron missed so many blocks last week…he could easily have caught a pass and had a lot of green ahead of him.

Every game we play for rest of year will be a shootout. We’re gonna score a lot but also give up a lot.

Let’s go Orange.
Im in same boat. Dont have a good feeling about this game. At all.

Even at NC's best, I feel confident we'll be competitive. I haven't always felt that way. We'll give them a game at the least. We're playing at their place but think the fanbase will be well represented at the game. We're going to miss Nixon, Jobity, and Williams so others will have to step up. We need the offense to outperform yet again. Just how DART are we?

I expect a good game but QB is the most important position in football, and the team with the best QB usually wins, so until we play Miami and Cam Ward I don't even question if we have the better QB.

The Wolfpack ain't ready for this.

I woke up the day of the Stanford game with a very bad feeling. I don’t have that same feeling today, I am just not sure. Yeah NC State still has talent and yeah they lost to two very good teams but they also lost to Wake at home and have struggled against G5 teams mightily. We better have fixed specials to where we don’t give up any easy points that way and we better bring some heat on the freshman QB, gotta make him uncomfortable. We do those two things I think we win a close one

I'm with you. No warm and fuzzies for tonight.

I think we get smacked around on the ground and lose with specials.
Luckily running the ball has not been a strength for NCST. Neither has been getting to the QB. I have a feeling we try to control the clock again, snapping the ball near the end of the play clock each play. We do have some match up advantages. I would almost rather play McCall. Have Diggs spy him, and rush 3. Unfortunately, won't have that luxury. These guys are banged up. We should be able to put up points though. I don't think they keep up unless we turn it over, or have special team troubles again. We have to get these W's against the ACC schools who have had the better of us when they're down.

IMG_3032.gif

Luckily running the ball has not been a strength for NCST. Neither has been getting to the QB. I have a feeling we try to control the clock again, snapping the ball near the end of the play clock each play. We do have some match up advantages. I would almost rather play McCall. Have Diggs spy him, and rush 3. Unfortunately, won't have that luxury. These guys are banged up. We should be able to put up points though. I don't think they keep up unless we turn it over, or have special team troubles again. We have to get these W's against the ACC schools who have had the better of us when they're down.
100%. Pitt, Cal, Va Tech, BC and Miami are all solid to very good teams, gotta get this one, the most winnable game left minus U Conn

Pee wee football coaches do this too. It’s meaningless.
It's not meaningless. I don't remember the details any more, but a few seasons ago, Clemson beat us with some scheme or play. We played NC State after that, and copycat Doeren beat us to death just doing what he copied from Clemson. I don't think Doeren is the brightest bulb on the tree, but he sure knows how to copy gameplans.

It's not meaningless. I don't remember the details any more, but a few seasons ago, Clemson beat us with some scheme or play. We played NC State after that, and copycat Doeren beat us to death just doing what he copied from Clemson. I don't think Doeren is the brightest bulb on the tree, but he sure knows how to copy gameplans.
That’s more a negative reflection on a coach who is unable to change versus a coach who can game plan. Any highschool coach worth his salt would know that you should game plan around something that was exploited in the last game

Im quite confident we will not have another punt blocked all season - just need the defense to get some stops - I see us getting at least one int today - I’ve seen this QB play in high school and he’s solid but nothing special - of course things get easier if we get no pressure

Were we really getting tons of pressure with Jobity and Williams anyway? Maybe stopping the run will take a bit of a hit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom