NC State Postgame Thoughts 2 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Postgame Thoughts 2

don’t want to be too critical because he does so much for us , but Maliq needs to not get rid of the ball like it’s a hot potato when he catches it so close to the basket. You are allowed to go up with it

Beautiful Abbott & Costello math!
And 7 x 13 = 28
(There might be one person here who knows what the heck I'm talking about).
But it is a win by 4 and a nice road win.

Bell made no effort to move towards and protect the ball. He just seemed angry that NC State decided to play defense on him and acts like he wanted to take his ball and quit.
I mean we didn't do anything to try to free up Chris Bell or even try to get the ball to him (except for that bad JJ turnover). I would be pissed too if I went 8/9 from 3 in the first half and then got only 1 shot attempt in the 2nd half while playing the entire game.

Absolutely moronic game. We won but it feels like a loss. Most annoyed I’ve been all year for sure. And some chirping at the end by Q and Judah. We are in disarray!

Anyway…

What a first half by Bell. Historic shooting.

Some huge plays by Q.

Clutch free throws.

Second half I wanted to literally jump off the roof much of the time. Offense was brutal.
With all due respect, this in no way feels like a loss.

Oh no you didn’t…..
Hey Chukwu averaged 23 minutes/gm, 5 points, 68% from the field, 2 blocks and almost 5 rebounds/gm and he was wearing goggles most of the time at SU because of his eyesight issues. His 40 minute numbers are really good if he ever could have played 40 minutes. I’d take it. :)Our centers sadly seem to be cursed with injuries.

Mintz and Copeland talking trash to the crowd just an absolutely embarrassing look. This team is a disgrace to Cuse teams of the past. They talk like they've accomplished something. I'm embarrassed to be a Cuse fan even after a win. This team is very hard to root for with all their theatrics...and Autry allows it to continue game after game. Disappointing for sure.
Is this satire ? Do you not recall team Dynasty?

It was... any time you can score 5 points on a trip it's usually going to impact the result of a 1 possession game lol
Last time I can recall a guy scoring on a flagrant foul was Allen Griffen vs Kansas in the tourney. I mean if you are going to foul someone to the point of it being flagrant, how can you let them score? Terrible return on investment

Not being mentioned in the face-guarding commentary is just how easy that is when the player being guarded stands in the corner with his hands on his hips. I could have sworn he had his hands in his pockets at one point. (Do those shorts have pockets?)
At one point in the middle of the possession, he was fiddling with his shirt with both hands like he was tucking it in, then he had to stop real quick because it looked like the ball might come his way - it did not.

There's blame to go around here. Autry needs to draw up plays to get Bell looks in that situation or back cuts as others have astutely pointed out. The guards need to be looking to get him the ball if they get the chance, they were't. Bell also needs to work for it from off the ball - I know that's not his game, he's a spot up shooter. But when you're 8-9 from three in the first half, that's going to have to happen unless your opponents are complete morons.

It's annoying that it feels like the GT loss is more damaging then this is helpful and in a weird way we'd be in better shape tourney wise if we beat GT and lost tonight?

This could end up being a Q1 win, so this is bigger for our resume. The efficiency metrics are what's killing us, and we were anywhere from +1.5 to -1.5 against GT from what I saw, so we probably lost to the efficiency spread by around 5 points. Today we were 6.5 point dogs right before tip, so we beat the spread by 10.5. So winning this one should help us more in that regard.

You know I seen that a few times in this game. Seems like our passers and our receivers were on different pages? I never played basketball (makes me an expert, jusst ask me!) but we have these miss-communications in every game. It just looks weird. We end up tossing the ball out of bounds????
Because he drove to deep, picked up his dribble, panicked, had no where to go, and anticipated where one of his teammate was going to go and anticipated wrong. It is like no one ever heard of a probing drive, if it isn't there bring it back out and reset.

Hey Chukwu averaged 23 minutes/gm, 5 points, 68% from the field, 2 blocks and almost 5 rebounds/gm and he was wearing goggles most of the time at SU because of his eyesight issues. His 40 minute numbers are really good if he ever could have played 40 minutes. I’d take it. :)Our centers sadly seem to be cursed with injuries.
Eyesight issues is cute. He caught a ball in the eye. Not exactly the same.

Hey, N.C. State went to Clemson and won. Why not us?

Win out including Clemson and the GT game becomes a throwaway. Then go win two in the ACCT… certainly would make for some drama

The fact that this far into the season we don't have any action to get Chris shots is crazy. The fact that two years in Chris doesn't know how to work to get shots is...crazy. Finally I love Maliq but I didn't notice him on the floor in the second half unless he was getting dunks blocked or throwing passes away.

Finally I love Maliq but I didn't notice him on the floor in the second half unless he was getting dunks blocked or throwing passes away.
Yeah, I think he’s getting beat up and worn down. He’s been real absent the last couple of games. He’s undersized for a center and spends every game getting thumped on defense and setting picks on offense.

Well, right at the start of the 2nd half, they called two fouls on us where I'm not even sure there was contact - Taylor on one play, and I forget who the other one was, maybe Mintz.
Ur right. None at all. They tried so hard to give it to State. F em.

The fact that this far into the season we don't have any action to get Chris shots is crazy. The fact that two years in Chris doesn't know how to work to get shots is...crazy. Finally I love Maliq but I didn't notice him on the floor in the second half unless he was getting dunks blocked or throwing passes away.
I think they called him for some crappy fouls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom