NC State Still Thinks Orlando is Possible | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Still Thinks Orlando is Possible

Can somebody explain to me why we are getting no looks for the Gator Bowl? I would take that over all the other Tier 1 bowls. Miami STINKS this year. If that game was in the Dome, I think it would go a lot like the Florida State game went. Their defense is filled with athletic freaks and studs, but we would find a way to put points on the board because their offense is boarder-line unwatchable.

Back to my main point, any reason why we couldn't land in the Gator Bowl??
louisville played in it last year, thats a dark horse bowl, in the last 10 years the highest ranked team they've gotten was 18th, I think SU is a lock for orlando, Ranked teams don't play in the pinstripe bowl. Imagine the hype ESPN would give to Will Grier vs Eric Dungey

louisville played in it last year, thats a dark horse bowl, in the last 10 years the highest ranked team they've gotten was 18th, I think SU is a lock for orlando, Ranked teams don't play in the pinstripe bowl. Imagine the hype ESPN would give to Will Grier vs Eric Dungey
If a 9 and 3 ranked cuse team gets the pinstripe bowl we should tell the acc to go screw and leave the conference.

Tell the ACC it if we don’t go to the camping bowl then we’re gonna go and join the AAC!

Haha ha

Even better we're joining the BiG who kicked out Butgers to take us. You can have them. Enjoy !

If a 9 and 3 ranked cuse team gets the pinstripe bowl we should tell the acc to go screw and leave the conference.

Lol where would we go?

I'm booked for Orlando and I'll be disappointed if we're stuck with the Pinstripe, especially after just playing at Yankee Stadium, but thankfully you're not in charge of Syracuse.

Lol where would we go?

I'm booked for Orlando and I'll be disappointed if we're stuck with the Pinstripe, especially after just playing at Yankee Stadium, but thankfully you're not in charge of Syracuse.
It would be a travesty if we got sent to the Bronx. We have had enough crwp from the good old boys from Carolina we better not get screwed again.

Yes, that is the only way predicting WVU to the Alamo makes sense. I will be rooting for the Sooners this weekend. I am sure Iowa State has a fine team but I want a high scoring shootout with our old pals.

That is not correct. They have Oklahoma playing Alabama in the first of the playoff games. No way Oklahoma make that if they lose to Texas.

I have a legit question for you guys. If for some reason we don't get camping. The belk is considered the next best bowl. Why would uva get the nod over us we are two games better and uva has lost 3 of their last 4?

Why aren't they playing WVU, the game cancelled because of the hurricane? NCSU could easily be beaten by the Mounties in that one.

WVU had a good chance of making the Big 12 title game, so they weren't going to schedule a makeup game on 12-1 when they could easily have been playing in the B12 game. NC State wanted to lock someone in who was a sure thing

I was half kidding about leaving. But wikdhack has to step up for us can't allow us to get shafted to the Bronx.

Wildhack knows all the bowl people from his ESPN days, he must have even more pull than your everyday AD. Or, he can just stick someone's head in a vice if need be

All Tier 1 bowls are not equal. The most prestigious one is the Sun Bowl. If we get passed over for NC St then the Sun Bowl will take us. We aren’t Pinstriping it. Considering it is later in the bowl season and is played on a holiday on CBS vs the PAC 12 we should have no complaints about this game...unless your complaint is you bought tix to Orlando already lol.

Wildhack knows all the bowl people from his ESPN days, he must have even more pull than your everyday AD. Or, he can just stick someone's head in a vice if need be
I'm a big fan of John but lets see his pull if we wind up in the Bronx not so.much in terms of having pull.

I know I'm being paranoid but seeing how the All ACC teams went I'm not feeling good about competing with NC State for something.

Some posters on that board actually want to go to the Camping Bowl, but they want to play NC State since that was the game that was cancelled to start the season.

Cheers,
Neil

Ugh! Forgot about that.

WVU had a good chance of making the Big 12 title game, so they weren't going to schedule a makeup game on 12-1 when they could easily have been playing in the B12 game. NC State wanted to lock someone in who was a sure thing
Thanks.

The Camping bowl against Iowa State would be great for fans to attend but would have a very low viewer rating and a win would do nothing for the perception of Syracuse football.

Assuming WVU is available, a B-12 (WVU) - ACC (SU) matchup has to be a top contender. The S - Trophy, two ranked teams with high-powered offenses, and fan-bases that will likely support the event in large numbers. SU has a substantial alumni base in Florida which, if I recall correctly (it's been a while), has represented SU well in the past.

Last edited:
I have a legit question for you guys. If for some reason we don't get camping. The belk is considered the next best bowl. Why would uva get the nod over us we are two games better and uva has lost 3 of their last 4?
I wondered this as well. I’ve seen Cuse fans show up for NC based games — we owned about 25% of the stadium at Wake Forest if I recall correctly. Would think the Belk is s good fit.

Any bowl in El Paso is a poor fit for any team not known as UTEP. Longest distance to any major city in the US right there.

I'm a big fan of John but lets see his pull if we wind up in the Bronx not so.much in terms of having pull.

You do understand that sometimes things are beyond your control? Hopefully he will get us in, but thinking "he better or else he's a failure" is incredibly short sighted.

You do understand that sometimes things are beyond your control? Hopefully he will get us in, but thinking "he better or else he's a failure" is incredibly short sighted.
Never said he's a failure. But we cannot end up in the pinstripe.