NC State Still Thinks Orlando is Possible | Syracusefan.com

NC State Still Thinks Orlando is Possible

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
This guy thinks NC State is a win away from the Camping World Bowl. He doesn't explain why he thinks NC State would be selected over Syracuse though. Bases it all on Joe Giglio's infamous bowl projections he wrote on paper, like it was still 1982.

Dszr4koWoAED9n1.jpg

If you go to Joe's twitter, he is doubling down on his info. He genuinely thinks he is right.

Bowl projections 2018: NC State may be a win away from Camping World Bowl

Will definitely go to Orlando for Camping World. Have my hotel and flights saved in Expedia waiting to book.

No way in hell I'm going to NYC after xmas for Pinstripe. I'll go to Orlando still and watch from the bar.

Joe Giglio charts this out at a private booth in a small Italian restaurant and gives it to the ACC management as a "suggestion". Along with a dozen cannoli's.

This guy thinks NC State is a win away from the Camping World Bowl. He doesn't explain why he thinks NC State would be selected over Syracuse though. Bases it all on Joe Giglio's infamous bowl projections he wrote on paper, like it was still 1982.

Dszr4koWoAED9n1.jpg

If you go to Joe's twitter, he is doubling down on his info. He genuinely thinks he is right.

Bowl projections 2018: NC State may be a win away from Camping World Bowl
Probably because Joe is an NC State alum.

I posted about Giglio earlier this weekend and saw his doubledown today on Twitter. Giglio is a bit of a bowl guru and knows what he's talking about. That's why I haven't made any Orlando plans at this point. I really, really hope he's wrong because this team deserves a Florida bowl game a helluva lot more than NC State this year.

I thought the bowl season didn't start until Dec 14th. NC State wouldn't get invited over Syracuse because of the tie breaker and Syracuse Orangemen being ranked the 2nd best team behind Clemson in the ACC.

I thought the bowl season didn't start until Dec 14th. NC State wouldn't get invited over Syracuse because of the tie breaker and Syracuse Orangemen being ranked the 2nd best team behind Clemson in the ACC.

My main concern is how we don't travel [traditionally] as a fanbase to bowl games, compared to other programs. Might that not be a factor in NC State over us for a higher profile bowl?

Bowls pick teams, teams don’t pick bowls.

I posted about Giglio earlier this weekend and saw his doubledown today on Twitter. Giglio is a bit of a bowl guru and knows what he's talking about. That's why I haven't made any Orlando plans at this point. I really, really hope he's wrong because this team deserves a Florida bowl game a helluva lot more than NC State this year.
I don't know much about Giglio. The News Observer looks to me to be the best paper in NC, as least as far as coverage of ACC sports is involved. He seems to be the dean of the sportswriters there. He should have sources and is well positioned to be in the know.

Young Bailey seemed confident in his sources saying Syracuse was headed to Orlando. That soundbite Niko posted from John Wildhack made it sound like John, in his understated and diplomatic way, was also confident we are heading to Orlando.

This could become a political mess, with both sides lobbying hard to get this slot. NC State has a lot better chance to win that game than the one that was played on the football field between these programs a couple of weeks ago. I hope that people do the right thing, and assign the best ACC teams to the best bowls.

The league is down this year. No one is going to enjoy watching NC State lose to WVU 100-20 in the Camping World (if they pair those two, that is exactly what will happen). Syracuse can beat the Mountaineers and NC State might be able to beat whoever they get paired with in the Belk,

NC State has a still?
I'm not sure if that's awesome, bizarre, or some sorta bad stereotype. :p

My main concern is how we don't travel [traditionally] as a fanbase to bowl games, compared to other programs. Might that not be a factor in NC State over us for a higher profile bowl?

It would be THE factor, imo.

Man, we should have cancelled our marquee out of conference match up and re-scheduled a cupcake to pad our record too!
Uh we did have a cupcake non-conference schedule. We cant control when ND is scheduled given their ACC rotation.

Can somebody explain to me why we are getting no looks for the Gator Bowl? I would take that over all the other Tier 1 bowls. Miami STINKS this year. If that game was in the Dome, I think it would go a lot like the Florida State game went. Their defense is filled with athletic freaks and studs, but we would find a way to put points on the board because their offense is boarder-line unwatchable.

Back to my main point, any reason why we couldn't land in the Gator Bowl??

Terrible. He capitalizes all his letters except for "i" and "t" and I will not stand for that kind of laziness
Strangely I have the same weird way of writing though his penmanship is 1000% better than mine. I don't know what I wrote most of the time and require clues or context to figure it out.