NC State - the new Rutgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC State - the new Rutgers

I hate georgetown more than osama bin laden.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'd rather wipe my ass with poison ivy than say anything positive about Georgetown.

LOL, Cuse fans will ahve to hear that stupid howl every other year. Us Pitt fans only have to deal with it once every six years. Advantage - Pitt.

Yeah well have fun with the Hokie Pokey every other year.

Yeah well have fun with the Hokie Pokey every other year.

D'oh, good point, though that is only once a game. They do that howl at NCSU every 13 seconds.

Even with these obvious negatives, it is still a lot better than playing in the Big East.

Can we focus on hating NC State who is in our actual conference without have to make referance to Rutgirls??? UGH

No... It fact brother. I know first hand.
Argument you will not win on this board.

When was NCST/UNC a bigger rivalry than UNC/Duke? Maybe I'm missing something but I'm thinking it was 20 years ago?

More hated that cuse/gtown? I don't believe it, next thing you are going to say is SHU/RU is better that that too...

You need to understand that it is far different down here with the rivalries. For starters, the NC state UNC basketball rivalry used to be the biggest one. These schools hate each other far more than you can imagine. More so than we hate Gtown. I found that hard to believe but it is true. What makes matters worse is Duke replaced NC State as that premier game. Even more bitterness to the NC State faithful.

They are just pissed and are threatened by the changes. Think of it like some of the rivalries we are leaving. That's all it is...
Absolutely true. NCS is the stepchild of Tartown and their fans are pissed. This just reinforces their frustration.

When was NCST/UNC a bigger rivalry than UNC/Duke? Maybe I'm missing something but I'm thinking it was 20 years ago?

More hated that cuse/gtown? I don't believe it, next thing you are going to say is SHU/RU is better that that too...
Is this the football board or basketball? Duke football has no rival...until we join the conference.

The Carolina-State rivalry is generational & crosses all sports. Only in basketball, & all due to the ascendency of K, is this different. Note that the Carolina fight song ends with the words "go to hell State" no matter who the Heels are playing.

Having said that, arguing who hates their rival more is pointless since there's enough hate in the world to go around. (LOL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the most famous wolf of all time was a ny guy jimmy v not some southern trailer trash redneck. if not for a new yorker they would have nothing

Is this the football board or basketball? Duke football has no rival...until we join the conference.
Ah, my bad. Using Tapatalk and didn't notice where this was originally posted.

How can NCSt be the new Rutgers? Haven't they actual won a few championships besides fencing in 1949? However, I predict things will get nasty with them.

What is their problem with Cuse? They all seem to have a general hate/disdain for us, more so than for Pitt.
And their biggest issue is losing 1 of the 2 basketball games against UNC (which they never win anyways). Anyone explain to them that we are also losing huge bball rivalries with Uconn, G-town, and nova?
Hopefully our AD's find a way to continue playing. I am sure both Jim's want it. We need some quality to balance out Houston, SMU, and Central Arkansas Tech in our bball schedule.

Hopefully our AD's find a way to continue playing. I am sure both Jim's want it. We need some quality to balance out Houston, SMU, and Central Arkansas Tech in our bball schedule.
I'd like to play SJU every year at MSG. GT in a continuous series every year. Nova + UConn play alternate years. The rest meh save for a made for TV thing. The thing is Nova/Philly is more important for us for recruiting than UConn/Hartford.

the most famous wolf of all time was a ny guy jimmy v not some southern trailer trash redneck. if not for a new yorker they would have nothing

Circle of life thing there. Valvano is probably Rutgers most famous player.