NC State Week Articles and Videos | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Week Articles and Videos

The offense is supposed to run through Concepcion but his impact has been very limited. Other than Stanford every game this year LQA has had a better game than Concepcion’s best, which was against West. Carolina.
Concepcion was supposed to be first team ACC. Very strange year for him. He leads the ACC in receptions, but only around 25th in total yards. I’m not sure what’s going on there. seems like teams must be keying on him, and qbs have not been able to get him in space.

also concerned about Joly and can we handle him? He is the best pure tight end in the ACC. Grant over top has the size.

Let's talk a bit about true frosh NC State QB CJ Bailey.

He is 6'6 and is listed at 190, which might be a bit inflated.

He led his state team, Chaminade-Madonna Prep, to 3 straight state titles. Chaminade is a major power, and he was not their biggest star, but he was very good for a very good program.

Also had offers from Pitt, GT, UL and UM.

He throws side arm and his throwing motion is not pretty to look at.

He has decent speed and is a good athlete, but this is not a guy who is going to run for 100 yards against us on Saturday night.

Coach Brown knows him. He apparently recruited him when he was at Georgia. I don't believe Georgia offered him.

This site has a good breakdown of his performance so far this season. I would expect a lot of passes to RBs in the flat and short screens to WRs. I would not expect many long passes or passes over the middle.

One of NC State best players is Justin Joly, a transfer from UConn. Joly is a basketball player from Iona Prep who converted to football late. Props to UConn for recognizing a good raw athlete and making him into a football player. I was hoping we might go after him once he put his name into the portal.

When Diggs meets Bailey -

bradley cooper comedy GIF

Lots of pessimism on the Nc State board. we need a fast start and with some early adversity, their crowd will be taken out of the game.

some quotes:

” bet on Cuse, and bet it all”

”it’s gonna be ugly”

”With Doeren all losses are possible”

I watched the QB. Anae is running multiple go routes and this guy just throws it up for grabs. Corners need to play the ball and not the man and we will get interceptions. On most of the throws he is not seeing the “most open guy” often single coverage in his field of vision, so one would think it should be his first read. If they are forced to throw they will struggle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom