NCAA 1st Round Games for March 18 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 1st Round Games for March 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the timeline worked out for Langel to go win at an A10 school for a couple years then come here I would be all for it

Not sure if they did it on purpose but great heads up play by TCU to run the clock while inbounding/rolling it. Seton Hall scored with 50 seconds left and TCU was able to run off almost all 50 seconds in one possession due to taking advantage of the running clock.

I watch quite a bit of SH because my nephew is a JR there and he’s nowhere near the player he was for us. They don’t have the shooting there that we had around him last year and would have had this year. It was a lose/lose for both sides.
Kadary’s shooting was always a well known weakness, his greatest assets have been his great driving ability, ball handling and defensive possibilities. JB was willing to teach him the pg position and was developing his shot to maximize both SU‘s and his future. Seton Hall has a 4 star NYC pure pg recruit coming in next year, Jaquan Sanders, and current Seton Hall player, Jamir Harris’s younger brother, Jaquan Harris, also a guard is coming too. Should be interesting for Kadary and Seton Hall. Bryce Aiken had both the ability to shoot and drive but his concussion sounds like it’s the end of his career.

Kadary’s shooting was always a well known weakness, his greatest assets have been his great driving ability, ball handling and defensive possibilities. JB was willing to teach him the pg position and was developing his shot to maximize both SU‘s and his future. Seton Hall has a 4 star NYC pure pg recruit coming in next year, Jaquan Sanders, and current Seton Hall player, Jamir Harris’s younger brother, Jaquan Harris, also a guard is coming too. Should be interesting for Kadary and Seton Hall. Bryce Aiken had both the ability to shoot and drive but his concussion sounds like it’s the end of his career.
That’s an NCAA violation for too many Jaquans on a roster.

What does define a good conference then other than just personal opinion?

Saying the ACC had a bad year is not personal opinion. Even if the ACC plays well this tournament it does not change the conclusion. It does mitigate some of the badness, that I agree with.

Let's compare to the Big East.who isn't doing as well in the tournament.

The Big East an 11 team league had 11 Out of Conference Wins over Top 12 seeds, and 2 others over the first 4 out (13 total). The ACC a 15 team league only had 6. That's a big difference (1.2 per team vs 0.4 per team)

1647659997149.png

The Big East had 4 bad out of conference losses (q3+q4 losses). The ACC had 17 of them!!! 17 vs 4. (1.1 per team vs 0.3 per team)

It was a really bad year for the ACC. It deserved its low seeds, and the tournament won't change that conclusion. It could certainly reduce how bad the conference is viewed in the end.

Saying the ACC had a bad year is not personal opinion. Even if the ACC plays well this tournament it does not change the conclusion. It does mitigate some of the badness, that I agree with.

Let's compare to the Big East.who isn't doing as well in the tournament.

The Big East an 11 team league had 11 Out of Conference Wins over Top 12 seeds, and 2 others over the first 4 out (13 total). The ACC a 15 team league only had 6. That's a big difference (1.2 per team vs 0.4 per team)

View attachment 215759

The Big East had 4 bad out of conference losses (q3+q4 losses). The ACC had 17 of them!!! 17 vs 4. (1.1 per team vs 0.3 per team)

It was a really bad year for the ACC. It deserved its low seeds, and the tournament won't change that conclusion. It could certainly reduce how bad the conference is viewed in the end.
Did wonders for the Pac last year.

Didn't Wisconsin play Cornell in a recent NCAA Tournament?

Before posting I decided to google myself.
Seems like they last played in 2010 and Cornell pulled off the upset (12 vs 4)
For some reason I though they had played more recently than that,

Didn't Wisconsin play Cornell in a recent NCAA Tournament?

Before posting I decided to google myself.
Seems like they last played in 2010 and Cornell pulled off the upset (12 vs 4)
For some reason I though they had played more recently than that,
Was that the year Cornell gave UK a game in the Sweet 16 at the dome?

Do wonders for the Pac last year.

It did. But then the PAC sort of went back into its hole this year.

As a general rule the regular season is more predictable of where you are and where you may be headed (especially for teams) Of course those tournament games are about 100 times more important than a regular season game!

Kadary has gotten his big man called for 2 or 3 illegal screens already. He’s been weirdly in a rush in this game

Was that the year Cornell gave UK a game in the Sweet 16 at the dome?

UK won by 17, but perhaps it was them blowing them away at the end?
Don't remember the game much, I had forgot their run until now. And didn't think it was already 12 years ago.

1647660514215.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors