NCAA 1st Round Games for Thurs March 16 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 1st Round Games for Thurs March 16

Great afternoon session and a garbage evening session comes to an average day of hoops.

Was more excited for tomorrow anyways.

Northern Kentucky and Louisiana teased a bit in the last 10 or 15 minutes.

Tennessee was up 48-30, then Louisiana got on a run and got within 3 I believe -- lead back to 6.

NK got within 5, but Houston pulled away. I'll give Houston the benefit of the doubt on this one - they have been a very good tournament team under Sampson - playing to their seed twice, and above seed twice in the their 4 tournaments the last 5 years. Also an elite 8 and final 4 the last 2 years.

It's OK to have Duke on your bracket.
Its not OK to be cheering for Duke under any circumstances.

If I found anybody cheering for Duke on this thread because:
a) They chose them on their bracket
b) Because of the ACC
c) Because of Tourney Shares

or for whatever screwed up reason they may have, that person goes on insta-ignore.
It was clear to me within a few minute of watching our game vs Duke that they were by far the team with the highest upside in the ACc

Hahahahahhahahahah. Barkley was saying Texas A&M was going to win by 15+. Thank you Sir Charles for somehow making me enjoy something about Penn State winning at anything.

Hahahahahhahahahah. Barkley was saying Texas A&M was going to win by 15+. Thank you Sir Charles for somehow making me enjoy something about Penn State winning at anything.
Shrewsberry put the Funkedelic on Buzz.

Penn State is going to be a tough out. They play smart and have a big time player.

“Scheyer face” was a real thing, and we’re not letting it die.

Guy is a dork.
He may be but I think the guy can coach. K was rolling the balls out the last few years hoping the talent would carry him over the top. This guy is clearly an upgrade over a near 80 year old man. Duke is going to continue to be a major problem.

Tennessee was up 48-30, then Louisiana got on a run and got within 3 I believe -- lead back to 6.

NK got within 5, but Houston pulled away. I'll give Houston the benefit of the doubt on this one - they have been a very good tournament team under Sampson - playing to their seed twice, and above seed twice in the their 4 tournaments the last 5 years. Also an elite 8 and final 4 the last 2 years.

It sucks they pulled out the Rutgers game in 2021.

We were really close to Rutgers > Oregon State in the sweet 16 and elite 8.

Brutal luck with Sasser since the NCAA Tournament is so guard oriented he might have been the most important player across all the top teams this year.

This is a pretty interesting list of the all-time winningest coaches in terms of winning percentage. Obviously that doesn’t tell the whole story as it doesn’t consider the level of competition. But Tony Bennett is pretty high up there. Was kind of surprised to see Mark Few up there at the top but then again he’s taken Gonzaga to great heights.

Edit: Bennett is 41 and Boeheim 50.

Interesting to see that. JB’s overall win percentage dropped a lot over the past 9 years. He used to be top 10 or 20. I believe he was the fastest coach to get to 300 and 400 wins.

Few’s winning percentage is inflated by playing in a mid major conference that he can dominate.

Also, did you see former Syracuse coach Lew Andreas is now higher than JB? He coached from 1924-1950.

Last edited:
This board in general has exaggerated their demise under Scheyer. Duke has really hit their stride lately and I think they could potentially make the Final Four.

They got healthy, went on a heater and… are basically still on it.

Since they’ve had their full roster, they are one of the best teams in the country with a ton of talent.

I said in another post that they were either losing first round or going Final Four. Still believe that.

Interesting to see that. JB’s overall win percentage dropped a lot over the past 9 years. He used to be top 10 or 20. I believe he was the fastest coach to get to 300 and 400 wins.

Few’s winning percentage is inflated by playing in a mid major conference that he can dominate.

Also, did you see former Syracuse coach Lee Andreas is now higher than JB? He coached from 1924-1950.
No question it has dropped but you also have to factor in the wins that were taken away.

Northern Kentuckys zone looked like ours used to .

Also, did you see former Syracuse coach Lee Andreas is now higher than JB? He coached from 1924-1950.

So, Syracuse University did actually have a basketball program before JB?

Last time I believe this board. Man, how I took the bait, line and sinker that this was Jim Boeheim's program not the university's. ;)

Had Ragin' Cajuns +11.5 then was able to thread the needle with a live bet at halftime of Under 118.5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom