NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 20 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 20

Curious on the amount, if this is wrong my bad, did a quick search:

How much money do teams get for making the NCAA Tournament?

The quick and dirty on it is this: Every game a team plays in the NCAA Tournament is worth one unit. Each 2022 unit is worth $338,887 paid to the conference of the participating school. Each unit has a six-year shelf life, meaning one unit this season is worth $2,033,322 overall.
So all those numbers divided by 15, right?

Good for Miami if they can hold on. I’ve been in Greenville all weekend… fan-wise this city has been 40% Auburn, 35% Duke, 20% MSU and 5% Miami. Maybe their front-running fans will show up to the Sweet 16.
To Chicago? Not bloody likely.

The ACC is doing much better in the tourney than most college basketball fans and people on here predicted. I thought it might be possible. Duke and UNC already in the Sweet 16. ND blew it down the stretch against Texas Tech but competed with them every step of the way. And Miami is in a good position to knock off a legit national title contender in Auburn. If that happens, the ACC sends three of its teams to the Sweet 16. I never thought the conference was as bad as people on here kept saying all season. Wake should have received a bid. The non-conference results really hurt the ACC because so many teams were young or had lots of new players and transfers to integrate and took some time to find their footing.

But the ACC isn't the only conference to deal with those elements. Transfers and NIL and the one and donee freshmen are all part of the game now.

Miami has been a big surprise which is cool, but Duke and UNC have met their preseason expectations so far.

How can Auburn not go high low to Smith and Kessler? Total lack of discipline from their guards and whose coaching Auburn? He should be embarrassed by this performance. I’m anxious to see what Barkley has to say.

At the end of the day the non conference is all we have to measure a conferences strength. Last year the Pac 12 was not good in the regular season but then showed out in the tourney.

Yep. Its the only obervable data they have. You can't just guess.

I was working on this a bit yesterday when I was watching the games.. I can rarely sit down and watch a game and only focus on that.

View these as conference records of sorts.
- The first number is the wins that conference had against other conferece teams in the tournament top 12 seed lines (or first 4 out).
- The second number is the Q3/Q4, "Bad Losses" against teams of other conferences,

SEC: 21-12
Big12: 14-3
BIG: 14-6
Big East: 13-4
ACC: 6-17

Those 6 wins show how bad our "best" teams performed.
Those 17 losses are largely an indictment of how many bad teams their was in the ACC.
Both figures were the worst amongst all the conferences.
And once all your teams go down a notch getting Q1 opportunities is tough in conference.

For example in the SEC you could see they had some bad teams, but there good teams were also very good (and actually all their teams contributed to that 21)

I didn't do the PAC-12. But I suspect they were in line with the ACC. Its why those four other conferences dominated the seed lines this year.

Last edited:
How can Auburn not go high low to Smith and Kessler? Total lack of discipline from their guards and whose coaching Auburn? He should be embarrassed by this performance. I’m anxious to see what Barkley has to say.
Laranaga coaches circles around Pearl.

More total non-conference games with some taking place midseason would help measure season long changes and make things more fun. I know it won't happen but wish it would.

Yeah I concur as unlikely it is to be. There are several teams you see every year who make huge strides in conference play after being pedestrian or just bad in the non conference. Problem is that there is no good way to handle these teams given they often have unfavorable metrics.

Auburn season reminded me of our 25-0 season that flamed out in Buffalo to Dayton in 2nd rd

mediocre last 10 games into tourny
Ennis was thinking NBA to end the season and refs were atrocious in the game

Someone told them about the NBA scouts at the game.
Some of these guys don't understand that team success gives you the opportunity to get more exposure as you advance. Funny thing is, neither Johnson nor Green has a prayer of playing in the G League.

So the BIG might actually pull off the 0-5.
Even for them this is terrible.

Purdue blowing the lead they had built up against Texas
if Purdue loses has a league had that many top 5 seeds and none get to the final 16 before.. Too bad Mich had to make it 0-9 would have looked sweet.

if Purdue loses has a league had that many top 5 seeds and none get to the final 16 before.. Too bad Mich had to make it 0-9 would have looked sweet.
I remember the BE had 4,000 invites one year and they all went down in flames.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom