NCAA again investigating UNC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA again investigating UNC

Well it took six hours, but I knew the UCONN troll bait would get a snag in due time.

Well it took six hours, but I knew the UCONN troll bait would get a snag in due time.

We were having problems with the early detection system earlier today... sorry I was late :)

And no problem Re: McCants. I'm sure if Hakim Warrick came out spouting delusions about how bad of a person Coach Boeheim is, you would support Warrick over your coach, even after every single Syracuse player that played under Boeheim came out and said that Warrick was nuts. But, McCants is just trying to get his $300 mil.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. I've never been one to blindly support JB regardless of situation.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. I've never been one to blindly support JB regardless of situation.

Well, I don't know you that well, but I will take your word for it.

The point remains, when you have one player with an axe to grind coming out and saying one thing, and literally every single one of his teammates and a HOF coach saying something else, you kind of have to go with the crowd...particularly when the one player has a history of mental illness, refuses to speak to investigators about his report, can't validate any of his claims, and starts spouting off crazy talk about checking his mailbox for $300 million on national TV.

There was a whole
I believe they also demoted the women that was the whistle blower which is against the law in state of North Carolina. She apparently is on record saying she went to Roy Williams and he said it wasn't his place to get involved. There is no way Duke or NC will ever be put on probabation for doing anything but this still is really entertaining. If nothing else one of my good friends is a NC fan and it has been fun messing with him. I learned when Corey Maggette admited to getting money while at Duke and the NCAA did nothing that it's never going to happen on Tobacco Road. The NCAA will open this thing drag their feet and hope that something happens to take the spot light off of it and then close it and hope nobody says anything.
T
"The University of North Carolina serves as an example of America's education system for the future leaders and icons in sports," McCants' email said. "Free education no compensation has proven over time to be a criminal cover up to exploit teenagers and their families through the national letter of intent. If we as athletes were being paid to work for these universities like unc proper education in career fields would come at the result of the athletes performance academically.

"There are resolutions I have created that could rid any further academic fraudulent activity amongst any university in the future," the email continued. "But until there is a sit down meeting amongst the players and the ncaa there will never be any resolution. I'm calling all college student athletes to stand up and demand resolution demand a sit down. #defendstudentathletes."

You know how I know McCants' didn't receive an education?
There was a whole article about the illegal stuff Chris Duhon and his mom got, and not a peep from the NCAA.

Could have been any number of motives. Laziness, for one. Boost enrollment in a department to get more interest and more money. Or, to keep athletes and other students eligible. The point is, without any definitive proof, you can't really argue one way or the other. We'll see what Wainstein and the NCAA have to say.
Can you spell N-A-I-V-E?

itsbotime said:
The classes were not exclusively for athletes...anyone could and did take them. There are a number of possible justifications, and I have listed three above.

It doesn't matter if they were for athletes or not. Bogus is bogus.

Well, I don't know you that well, but I will take your word for it.

The point remains, when you have one player with an axe to grind coming out and saying one thing, and literally every single one of his teammates and a HOF coach saying something else, you kind of have to go with the crowd...particularly when the one player has a history of mental illness, refuses to speak to investigators about his report, can't validate any of his claims, and starts spouting off crazy talk about checking his mailbox for $300 million on national TV.
Did Julius Peppers transcript have an ax to grind too?

Did Julius Peppers transcript have an ax to grind too?

Julius Peppers' transcript showed that he did better in AFAM than he did in other departments. If you pull the transcript of pretty much any major college player out there you would probably find something similar. Duke has sociology, Georgia Tech has management, NC State has Parks & Rec, etc. It is no secret that athletes tend to flock to "easier" departments. Heck, Stanford even got dinged for giving their athletes a list of "easy" classes to boost their GPAs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom