NCAA Considering Non-NFL Venues for Championship Weekend | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Considering Non-NFL Venues for Championship Weekend

Smart move to consider smaller venues although I think if the Final Four was held in Baltimore every year it would maintain high attendance numbers. Much like college baseball in Omaha each year I think there's value to having a sports championship in the same place.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Smart move to consider smaller venues although I think if the Final Four was held in Baltimore every year it would maintain high attendance numbers. Much like college baseball in Omaha each year I think there's value to having a sports championship in the same place.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

There is a difference--U of Nebraska and Creighton are hardly the annual threats to win the title that Hopkins, UMd and Loyola are. Of course, that is a function of the fact that baseball is a national sport and lacrosse isn't (yet?).

I don't know what to choose with this. It's great for me personally to have it somewhere in Maryland, but I know that there are fans all over that want to see the games. It seems like the only venue getting strongly negative comments was Foxborough. Maybe with the reduction of the guarantee, Haravard will hold it in their own stadium which would be much better than having to go out to Foxborough. I do think that the NCAA will want to stay close to I-95, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom