NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sat March 25 | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sat March 25

UConn probably gets #5.

Let's get Judah back- hopefully Jesse too and add Moore.. maybe even Hicks and let's hope Red can start the charge to getting us another one or more.

2013 we can be mad at the charge call but really our offense wasn't good enough. Besides the 1st round the most we scored in the tournament was 66 points. Defense was amazing but you gotta make shots. Plus Louisville would have been a tough final.

Goodness looking at that Michigan box score Hardaway was 4/16 and Burke was 1/8. How the heck do you lose that game? Michigan shot 20 FTs and Syracuse 11. Michigan made 8 3s Syracuse 3.

MCW stunk.

The only players who showed up were CJ and Triche [and Grant on the boards].

We played a poor game, but there was a second half moment where I knew we would lose. We got a steal that led to a run-out for a dunk opportunity, Southerland went up and got blocked by their frosh center. It was all downhill from there.

You mean if Disu can't play for UT. Yes they do provide matchup issues. Issues that would fade quickly vs UConn. UConn can consistently go inside against them.
Obviously Miami has business to take care of tomorrow but I think either team can give UConn a battle. Certainly put up a lot more resistance than Gonzaga. Timme is an excellent offensive player but he is straight trash on the defensive end.

Andre would’ve been better in our system than uconn . That’s what hurts
Not sure he could’ve lead our team to this level like he did for them.

One final punch in the gut:

UConn should be considered a blue blood if they aren't already. They have the most titles in the last 30 years and look like they might add another. And their color is blue.

Yeah it's absurd. Not to mention that UCLA was a 3 legged horse as a 2 seed and Zags were far from their usual self as a 3. The freaking 1 seed then loses their coach and they get shirtless Musselman.
4 of top 10 Ken Pom were in west region but yeah easy path if it makes you feel better

4 of top 10 Ken Pom were in west region but yeah easy path if it makes you feel better

They didn't play Kansas. They played Arkansas. Gonzaga's guards decided to not show up this tourney. UCLA was banged up. You seem to have that post loaded up before even reading what I wrote.

It was a weak year in college hoops. That's far from just me saying it too.

Gotta give UConn credit. Sure the road was easy, but they left absolutely no doubt. They’re dominant.

No question. They looked like the best team in the country in the non conference and look that way once again.

One final punch in the gut:

UConn should be considered a blue blood if they aren't already. They have the most titles in the last 30 years and look like they might add another. And their color is blue.
It's true, unfortunately. When I was at Cuse in the 80s, UConn was the laughing stock of the Big East, call it the Corny Thompson and Earl Kelley years (their only players of note). They have lapped us several times at this point and stole our lunch money.

They are ruining my enjoyment of this tournament.
When they won in 2014 and Kentucky blew that final no sporting event has ever crushed me as much considering where we were a month earlier and our expectations and how Ennis ended the year jacking up a cowardly 3 vs going for overtime against a trash Dayton team.

Absolutely crushed. Next weekend might be hard. In 2014 I remember not watching the final four game bc I just wanted them to lose and checking the score after and being furious.

Feel like just about every possession is him taking to the rim against three guys bigger than him and just throwing it at the glass.

Till that three at least lol.
Dude is a super gunner

It's true, unfortunately. When I was at Cuse in the 80s, UConn was the laughing stock of the Big East, call it the Corny Thompson and Earl Kelley years (their only players of note). They have lapped us several times at this point and stole our lunch money.
Much of their fanbase thinks college hoops was invented in 1990

Obviously Miami has business to take care of tomorrow but I think either team can give UConn a battle. Certainly put up a lot more resistance than Gonzaga. Timme is an excellent offensive player but he is straight trash on the defensive end.
Pack and Wong were like a buzz saw against Houston. Hope they can play the same against Texas. After Sir'Jabari Rice committing two or three obvious vicious fouls to start the Xavier game, Texas set the tone early. Just hoping Texas and UConn don't advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom