NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sun March 26 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sun March 26

If SDSU is allowed to hack a thon , creighton is in trouble

Creighton shows exactly how to use Jesse in an offense. Tons of screen and rolls. Not a heavy post up offense, but by rolling he gets some easy low block post ups.

Was thinking the exact same.

aircraft carrier game was one of the worst ever played.

quotes:

I got sunburned at the shootaround,’' Trevor Cooney recalled. “I had to put on sunscreen for the game. I’m probably the only person in history who had to have sunscreen for a college basketball game.’'
The game between Syracuse and San Diego State had to be postponed for two days because of a weather forecast that called for rain.
“There was an 8-to-10 mile per hour wind,’' Boeheim said. “That’s all it takes. You could see the ball blow off course on the way to the basket.’'
At one point in the game, Keita went to the foul line to shoot a pair of free throws. He held the ball for a while, hoping the wind would die down.
“I could see the referee counting, but I didn’t shoot,’' Keita said. “I wanted to wait to see if the wind stopped.’'

From the sideline, Syracuse assistant Mike Hopkins yelled, “Don’t think about it!’'

Keita missed both free throws.

SU WON 62-49. but this game was incredibly bad.

I don’t understand why Mensah has played so little. He completely neutralizes fake Jesse Edwards

How the hell does that rule make any sense? They can go back and review it after San Diego St. already used up their possession and yet San Diego St. still gets not just the 2 free throws but yet another possession? It should just be the 2 shots. They should'nt get the ball back again after they already just had the ball and lost it.

To put it into perspective how little it makes sense. If the refs blew it dead right away and looked at it before San Diego St went down and lost it out of bounds it would just be San Diego St. 2 shots and San Diego St. ball. but since they blew it dead and reviewed it after San Diego St. basically gets it another time.

Last edited:
Just as we are talking about Creighton having all the pieces and another possible roadblock for UConn... Nembhard looks like he has an elbow/wrist issue...

How the hell does that rule make any sense? They can go back and review it after San Diego St. already used up their possession and yet San Diego St. still gets not just the 2 free throws but yet another possession? It should just be the 2 shots. They should'nt get the ball back again after they already just had the ball.
Well the only way sdsu can score is if you give them extra possessions. What an offensively limited operation they are . 5-25 fg in the half ?

Well the only way sdsu can score is if you give them extra possessions. What an offensively limited operation they are . 5-25 fg in the half ?
It’s the ball

2013 we can be mad at the charge call but really our offense wasn't good enough. Besides the 1st round the most we scored in the tournament was 66 points. Defense was amazing but you gotta make shots. Plus Louisville would have been a tough final.

Goodness looking at that Michigan box score Hardaway was 4/16 and Burke was 1/8. How the heck do you lose that game? Michigan shot 20 FTs and Syracuse 11. Michigan made 8 3s Syracuse 3.

We'd gotten there on defense, giving up 50ppg in the tournament. We had a bad half and gave up 36, then clamped down in the second half with 25. Too late.

SDSU plays some serious defense. They're strong and physical with a lot of depth. Offense not pretty but effective enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom